[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much money do I need to retire right now in some African shithole?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: 565656.png (253 KB, 347x391) Image search: [Google]
565656.png
253 KB, 347x391
How much money do I need to retire right now in some African shithole?
>>
and what country should I choose*
>>
about tree fiddy
>>
>>61614113
Mauritius
>>
>>61614103
Are you trying to avoid being Extradited ?
>>
I'd say about tree fiddy
>>
just no more less than tree fiddy
>>
i think $3.50 would be fine
>>
>>61614318
why
>>
>>61614113
Benin :-DDDD
>>
>>61614113
>what country
Doesn't matter so long as you're rich

For normal people, you'd need a decent amount of money if you don't want to eat bushmeat until you die of malaria or some shit
>>
Bad idea. A lot of African countries become so broke that they have to resort to devaluing their currency to boost their economy by making exports cheaper. That'll destroy your wealth and you'll be forced out of your gated community if you don't have a source of income.

>>61614318
Hardly a shithole, and hardly African. They're more like an extension of India desu
>>
>>61614705
To add, I'd recommend somewhere more stable if you just want to take your money to somewhere where the cost of living is so low you can retire there right now. Like maybe eastern Europe, or parts of Asia or Latin America. Africa is developing, but it's sort of like the wild west right now, there's just a lot of risks for almost everything. It could pay off big time, but most people wont be that lucky.
>>
>>61614103
Move to Atlanta, it's close enough
>>
File: 1443966137134-vg.png (165 KB, 303x311) Image search: [Google]
1443966137134-vg.png
165 KB, 303x311
>>61614705
>not keeping your money on dollars or gold
>>
>>61614705
makes no sense. you think he'd take all his money and swap it to some african currency at once? why would he do that? is he insane in your hypothetical scenario?
>>
>>61614103
A lot because you have to hire private security.
>>
>>61615287
Isn't the point to exchange the US dollars for a different currency with a favorable exchange rate so that he has more buying power wherever he moves?
>>
>>61615358
You don't magically gain purchasing power by exchanging currency. You're better off keeping the bulk of your money in whatever currency you have it in already, or, better yet, investments, until you need it.

Depending on the country/area, you may be better off paying for things with USD anyway, as well.
>>
File: Contemptful Costanza copy.jpg (27 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Contemptful Costanza copy.jpg
27 KB, 250x250
>>61614103
you're already in one t.bh lad
>>
Poland tbqh lad
>>
I saw a documentary on Chinese building huge ghost cities in Africa once. I don't remember what country it was but looks promising tbqh
>>
Better question.
How much money would you need to become leader of african shithole.
And turn it into african not shithole.
>>
>>61614103
You could retire in Brazil with around 500.000 dollars,it is kind of a african shithole but you will still see some white people once in a while
>>
>>61616102
Foreigners can't fix Africa, they've been trying that since decolonization and it hasn't worked. Africans need to fix Africa if they want their development to be sustainable.
>>
>>61616288
Well when the main goal is to be able to retire without worry about riches failing in there, and its not some "charity" doing it for pr or profit, there might be a way. The main goal being to make them self sufficent, teach them irrigation, rule of law, crop growing.
>>
Seeing all the Americans in this thread makes me think of California. That's where I'd retire. Screw Toronto and it's winters and lakes. Freaking lakes.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.