[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why mass shootings are a thing in the US 2bh
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Taxi_Driver_1_embed.jpg (151 KB, 928x628) Image search: [Google]
Taxi_Driver_1_embed.jpg
151 KB, 928x628
why mass shootings are a thing in the US 2bh
>>
If you lived with Americans you'd want to shoot them too
>>
shooters think they'll respawn in 10 second i guess
>>
>>61611796
Anyone who was influenced by Taxi Driver really didn't understand the premise of the film. They see the scene of Travis shooting up the brothel, and forget conveniently that he tries to kill himself immediately after... twice! Then they use him as a heroic pop culture icon, which he is distinctly not supposed to be.
>>
>>61611796
They are super competitive and have that 'loser' cultural thing, they don't have free psychological help to treat their crazies, shooters appear on TV and become famous + guns are easily available. VoilĂ 

Or the problem is just the violent games
>>
>>61613567
>Anyone who was influenced by Taxi Driver really didn't understand the premise of the film.
Like who, John Hinkley Jr?
>>
A lot more crazy people. They want to be "heroes" or stand out because they're always losers.
>>
Because 'muh right to bear arms' by the NRA.
>>
>>61611796
Glorification of guns and killing people. Probably genetics to some degree as we kicked most of the crazies out of Europe and they went to the New World.
>>
>>61611796
their people are fucked up in the head.
>>
>>61616028
If that's the case, why is this only a phenomenon of the past few decades? The second amendment has been around for a lot longer, and it wasn't an issue.
>>
>>61616141
Yes what I mean is.

Back in the day NRA is non-political. It was basically a society of gun holders working towards safety of gun owners.

Somewhere late 70 i think, they entered politics and fucked shit up. Specially promoted that everyone should have a gun for defense, and hence even mentally unstable got em. They started cracking down on background checks and all.

and hence the mentally unstable get guns and make mass shootings. and the NRA keeps blocking gun laws, controls, checks etc.
>>
Mass shootings are a thing everywhere. It's just that they only matter when they happen here.
>>
Gun violence is down though.
>>
>>61616244
Er No. No we dont have mass shootings.

and I think neither Aussie had since their gun ban.

Only you have the crazy show... once a month I think ?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.