[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i'm really embarrassed about my countries lack of second
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 3.jpg (544 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
544 KB, 2048x1152
i'm really embarrassed about my countries lack of second languages, so i'm gonna give learning russian a go

anyone have any advice?
>>
>>61569870
Russian? Why not spanish? It's spoken in many countries and it's easy mode to learn it.
>>
>>61570078
i wanted to go for something with a different alphabet
i also don't see myself going to south america any time soon
>>
>>61569870
learn a language like french or Spanish because they are closer to the UK so you can actually practice, i took Russian in high school and literally forgot everything i learned in the next semester because i didn't practice
>>
>>61570188
Rude. Either way knowing a romance language is a good thing, they're all excellent gateways to language learning and simple enough you'll not want to pull your hair out, it doesn't even have to be Spanish, learn French or Italian instead. By learning Russian you would be going into the deep end, you'd have to deal with 6 cases + plurals, 3 genders, a lot of verbal conjugation, etc.

Scandinavian languages are also pretty simple I've heard, you could try one of those if you don't want to learn a Romance language.
>>
>>61569870
learn grammar, grammar and more grammar. it's the proper Eastern European way of learning languages
>>
>>61570967
no offense to your continent its just far as fuck away and doesn't hold any career opportunities for me

i mean i'd like to see every continent someday but south america will probably be the last one

i quite like the idea of throwing myself in the deep end, it'll make any other language easier in comparison (hopefully)
>>
>>61571141
Knowing one language only makes learning certain features common to both languages easier, from my experience.

Also I thought you were only learning for the sake of learning a language, that's the impression the OP gave me, so that's why I suggested something easier. If you want to learn one specific language for career opportunities and whatnot, then go right ahead, more power to you friend.

But best of luck to you in your endeavor. Also, Duolingo is a good supplement to whatever book you get, it has a lot of listening and writing practice.
>>
>>61571327
i'm learning for the sake of learning a language but theres still real world implications of learning a language that help me pick which one

the other good thing about russian is that not a lot of people in my part of the world speak it compared to how globally popular it is, so that makes it pretty valuable
>>
>>61571449
Yep, sounds like an alright idea to me.

I might learn Russian one day as well, Brazil has good relations with Russia and is a major trade partner.
>>
>being embarrased about not having second languages
You should be embarrassed that English is the second language of 90% of your people, faggot
>>
>>61571786
>Germany
You're in no position to make this sort of joke, breh
>>
>>61571786
only in london, and they're about to leave the UK anyway

its almost worth crippling our economy if we get rid of that shithole
>>
>>61571882
>literally an entire country of criminals and subhumans trying to tell off an ancient, prosperous country that took in a few too many migrants that will soon leave
Hilarious. Barely 5% of our population is non-white, whereas practically 100% of yours is.
>>
>>61571960
>ancient
>150 years old
>>
>>61571960
Your country is the reason Europe can never be. Reflect long and hard on that, then off yourself kraut.
>>
>>61572006
Modern Germany is even younger: I'm not even talking about that one. The German identity has been around since Westphalia.

>>61572010
A shitty Europe is still infinitely better than the best parts of Brazil. We have a mass rape? You have mass murders on the daily. We have slums? Your country is a slum. Occasionally we get sick here? Your country is literally a bathtub full of malaria.
>>
>>61572252
they have a pretty nice flag though
food looks pretty good too
>>
File: 1445182113079.jpg (570 KB, 1209x914) Image search: [Google]
1445182113079.jpg
570 KB, 1209x914
>>61572252
At least we will never be as sick in the head as you are :^)
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.