[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Happy Canada Day, to all my fellow Canadians!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: Flag_of_Canada.svg.png (18 KB, 1280x640) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Canada.svg.png
18 KB, 1280x640
Happy Canada Day, to all my fellow Canadians!
>>
Happy Dominion day to all of us in British North America.

God save the Queen and all her heirs.
>>
Same to you!
>>
>>61539386
What's some Canadian cuisines I can try for dinner tomorrow
>>
>>61539418
Apologies and multi-cuck-tualism.
Maybe poutine if you're still hungry.
>>
>>61539418
Well, butter tarts are quite good for a dessert.
We're an immigrant nation, same as you.

r u tryn 2 banter me
>>
>>61539444
No, fully serious. I don't have anything planned for dinner so I might as well try something new
>>
>>61539469
I made some spicy lentil soup with tuna salad sandwiches today. They were okay.
>>
File: image.jpg (99 KB, 640x871) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99 KB, 640x871
Why is today canada Day when your birthday was back in March?
>>
>>61539469
Try cooking some chicken in a pan with olive oil, garlic and peppers. Then apologize to it profusely.
Canadian chicken, voila.
>>
>>61539386
Likewise
>>
>>61539418
Beaver tails are the best food I've had that you only see in Canada. Not literally meat from the tail of a beaver, but it's like some kind of fluffy cake, shaped like a beaver's tail, that's been deep-fried and they put other stuff on it like Nutella. Honestly my favourite part about living in Ottawa was going out sometimes onto the frozen canal in winter to find one of the stands set up on the ice selling them.

I can't skate for shit though so it's hard.
>>
>>61539542
I've had that around Europe quite a bit. Obviously they aren't called beaver tails, but they're basically the same kind of bread.
>>
>>61539569
Ah well, it's probably not hard to make and is delicious either way.
>>
File: tourtiere[1].jpg (232 KB, 1500x841) Image search: [Google]
tourtiere[1].jpg
232 KB, 1500x841
>>61539418
Let's do a culinary tour of the whole country province.

BC: Candied Smoked salmon . Dunganess Crab.
Alberta: Free range AAA-Grade Alberta Ribeye Steak
Prairie provinces: Bison, Saskatoon berries, borscht
Ontario: Peameal back-bacon,
Quebec: Tourtiere, montreal style bagels (quite different from new york style), Poutine, maple syrup
Maritime provinces: Maple baked beans. Lobster rolls. Pan fried mackerel. Seal-flipper pie.
Arctic territories: Blubber
And of course ALL of rural Canada is big into wild game meats. Elk, moose, venison, duck, etc.

Also: Canadians pretty much only eat Canadian dairy products. We put MASSIVE import tariffs on foreign cheese and milk.

The only foreign dairy I eat is small quantities of specific euro cheeses.

I tried American milk once and it tasted funny. I think they do something strange to the cows.
>>
>>61539578
Oh yeah, for sure. I also have fond memories of them.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.