[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can a Mexican explain to me what the fuck is going on in Oaxaca?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: mexico.png (969 KB, 846x549) Image search: [Google]
mexico.png
969 KB, 846x549
Can a Mexican explain to me what the fuck is going on in Oaxaca? Half the Spics here support the teachers, half support the gov.

It just sounds to me like corrupt union people and commies sperging out that they're not able to sell off their positions anymore.
>>
Way I see it
Government tries to pass an education reform that would take power away from the guys in charge of the union, reduce their privileges (which are big) and evaluate the teachers to raise the standard. Fails at it because Union is corrupt, government is corrupt and lack of support.
CNTE (the union) gets a bunch of people to block highways in Oaxaca, basically cutting off the state from outside, not allowing stuff to come in (food and oil, other necessities). People complain, gov sends in the forces to kick the protesters (who are by now a looting mob), there is a big fight, there's a few casualties, lots of wounded and damages to property.
Leftists sperg out because muh teachers, Union and lefty media shills for them.
Everyone is on the wrong, in some way.
Military is doing some supply air drops.
Kick the teachers out of Oaxaca.
>>
Its complicated, the "reform" is not perfect, far from it, and now CNTE the teacher union of the region, that oposes the goverment and the other teachers union SNTE, this reform will remove many privileges from bad teachers, that dont attend classes, that get the job by corruption and so, but this reform also puts in danger the jobs of real teachers that work in bad conditions because oaxaca, you know those stereotypes of poor mexico, all of them are from that region, so thats that.
Its hard to side, MY opinion is that the fucking CNTE has to go, they literally train kids and student teachers like the ones from ayotzinapa to be gorila warriors and obsesed with their version of comunism, but the idiotic goverment hasnt come up with good solutions and has allowed many police officers to break ranks and use extreme violence, AND the CNTE has also killed people and sent its own to die on purpose.
>>
That's what it seems to me too. What a "coincidence" that it's happening in the southern states where they have the worst education and teachers don't want to be evaluated. Also the PRD (the left wing party) is popular there.
>>
File: g.jpg (151 KB, 900x729) Image search: [Google]
g.jpg
151 KB, 900x729
>>61529776
>"fuck off with the education reforms!"
>>
>>61529873
>Uneducated people voting far left
Color me surprised
>>
>>61529990
well memed
>>
>>61529295
>CHI
>>
>>61529776
>>61529775

Thanks, this is pretty much what I suspected, I don't understand why any Mexicans, especially any here would support the SNTE. They seem as corrupt, if not more corrupt than the state and federal government in Mexico. All the dumb chicano fags and their hipster bretheren here seem to be supporting the teachers union but the older people and most of the Mexican side of my family are all for the army going in and removing them.

Unrelated, but how did Yucatan end up being less screwed up than the other parts of southern Mexico? I understand they have oil money but they seem less socially stratified too.
>>
>>61530012
>>61529873
Oaxaca didn't vote PRD, they have a Convergencia (Movimiento Ciudadano) governor, literal meme party with meme views and lots of corruption
>>
>>61530227
Like Vegas under the Mafia, there is very big Cartel presence in Yucatán, but they play nice and act peacefully because of all the tourists coming in and buying drugs.
Add state corruption and enabling and you get good results on paper to show everyone.
An example would be, there was a party with a bunch of PVEM (Green Party) members on an apartment building practically owned by the PVEM president, a Hungarian tourist falls to her death from there, ruled as suicide.
No one ever hears about the people living in the jungle, because no one cares about them.
>>
>>61530227
Legalize weed and stop the gun flow to us, please
Let us fucking fix ourselves a little
>>
>>61530227
t. /pol/

You fucks all type the same way
>>
>>61530641
>le USA is responsible for LaAm's shittyness meme
>>
>>61530764
Where did i say anything pro /pol/? I'm not even white.
>>
File: 1370472547077.png (529 KB, 800x585) Image search: [Google]
1370472547077.png
529 KB, 800x585
Tlatelolco o'clock when, lads
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.