[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't americans value their families? Being kicked out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1461600241687.gif (773 KB, 260x221) Image search: [Google]
1461600241687.gif
773 KB, 260x221
Why don't americans value their families?
Being kicked out at 18 is a traumatic rupture of basic human values, there's no sense of community in america and no cultural net to hold on to.
It's a crushing competitive culture where only the best succeed, while the rest are left to die (both literally and figuratively).
>>
No one is kicked out. Young adults just feel obligated to move out and begin their own lives.

For most people daddy is right behind them helping them pay their tuition and expensive college dorm.
>>
that's why the power doesn't go out three times a week Bundinho
>>
>>61524575
Well they've got to learn to live alone some day.
To be honest I hate living at home.
>>
>>61524575
This depends.
I am from a mediterrane family and it was a toxic place where a mother was so russian she castrated the will to thrive in all of her children.
I still do not like to go home to my parents, even though it is just once a week.
And I always answer no, if she asks me when I come back.
>>
Birds need to leave their nests eventually, and just because they're family it doesn't mean that they can't be poisonous.

I left home at 21 because, even though my parents are good people who never wronged me, I realized that I needed a place of my own.
>>
What are you going on about?

Most people leave at either 20 or 22, depending on if they received a bachelors or associates degree
>>
Why do you make this up?
Many American families stick together (especially hispanic ones).
>>
>>61527102
I think OP means Americans as in people from the United States.
>>
>>61527260
That's what I meant. :P
>>
File: 1464635873803.png (343 KB, 463x600) Image search: [Google]
1464635873803.png
343 KB, 463x600
>>61524575
Independence is a superior anglo thing. Monkeys wouldn't understand.
>>
>>61530676
CHI
>>
>>61524575

>It's a crushing competitive culture where only the best succeed, while the rest are left to die (both literally and figuratively).

That sounds way more exciting than reality.
>>
>>61524575
>Being kicked out at 18 is a traumatic rupture of basic human values, there's no sense of community in america and no cultural net to hold on to

That doesn't often happen you stupid faggot.

Most people in North America get pushed to leave at about ~20 years old, unless they go to College in which case they're helped for longer. You only get kicked out at 18 if you're a total fuckup NEET who does nothing with his life.

>It's a crushing competitive culture where only the best succeed, while the rest are left to die (both literally and figuratively).

This is a good thing. Moving out as soon as possible makes you mature and teaches you important lifeskills. Pretty much everyone who stays with their parents 23+ is fucked up in some way
>>
Living with your parents past 18 sucks dick

The only people who this are the ones who can't afford to move out
>>
>>61524575
It sucks that all our jobs are being sent overseas and men and women have to compete with each other for jobs left over but I'd rather have cheap gods and equality for women than turn back the clock 50 years.
>>
>>61531508
>It sucks that all our jobs are being sent overseas

That's literally not true.

You're just a defective person looking for excuses
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.