[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did they have to leave? ;_; Britain belongs in Europe. One
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: referendum_protest.jpg (150 KB, 1240x930) Image search: [Google]
referendum_protest.jpg
150 KB, 1240x930
Why did they have to leave? ;_;

Britain belongs in Europe. One of the oldest democracies was supposed to know better than falling victim to nationalism.
>>
File: farron1-653x439.png (436 KB, 653x439) Image search: [Google]
farron1-653x439.png
436 KB, 653x439
>>61523172
British politics right now is better than House of Cards.

No one in the regular political establishment wants to actually leave the EU because they know it's economic suicide, the Labour party is headed up by a old Marxist who is cleansing his party after an attempted coup. No one wants to be Tory leader because fuck actually getting us out the EU and the Lib Dem leader looks like fuckign THIS
>>
>>61523172
The EU is like the Soviet union as soon as it stops expanding it will collapse
>>
>>61523172
>Britain belongs in Europe

So far, everytime Britain got involved in Europe, thousands of Brits died.
>>
>>61523172
Because of uneducated ignorant old people
>>
It's not nationalism really since the exit was to take back sovereignty

It's more like Independence than anything

If they start to kick out foreigners though then that would be different
>>
>>61524179
And young people who are too lazy to actually vote but still whine about the result on the internet
>>
>>61523172
We're still in Europe, we're just not going to be in the EU. Like Norway or Switzerland.
>>
>>61524066
Where's the downside?
>>
>>61523422
Yeah, I'm one of the few users of 4chan old enough to remember with clarity the hardships that existed in Britain before the EU. People living in trees, double digit child mortality rates, people killing each other left and right for scraps of food. I fear Britain will lose all its astronomical gains if they are permitted to leave ou- their... glorious union. It might be necessary to bomb the country in order to save it.
>>
>>61524300
The UK was an economic ruin before we joined though
>>
>>61524179

50 year old Big John who started working straight out of school and now owns a business VS. Tristan who's currently studying fat shaming at Oxford
>>
>>61524285
40 years of communism
>>
>>61524393
More like 47 year old Tracey who is unemployed drug addict alcoholic. Only scum like she want to leave and you know it
>>
>>61524432
Perfidious Albion strikes again.
>>
>>61523422
Genuinely don't even know what House of Cards is desu. Is it good?
>>
>>61523172
Lying politicians and media outlets with vested interests worked together to trick half of the country by making them think it was a choice between immigration and no immigration and by appealing to patriotism.
>>
>>61524540

A 47 year old drug addict alcoholic isn't voting, and if she is, it's for Remain with all the other degenerates
>>
>>61524726
Not if she's reading Daily Mail, Daily Express and all your other rags
>>
I am loving the Gove backstab, but this does not bode well
>>
Chavs, unemployables, yokels, white-van men and bigoted old bastards voted to leave. Proper people who have actually made something of themselves chose to remain.

You know what the worst thing is? I might have to go back to having sex with British women instead of the lovely foreign ladies.
>>
>>61524179
If young people didn't want to leave they should have fucking voted then, only 30% of 18-24 year olds voted.
>>
Congrats you made this white German girl cry you Brexiting fucks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSK8gqhELB0
>>
>>61524540
A lot of normal older people voted leave desu. It was due to a mix of national bravado and social media agitprop from the refugee crisis.
>>
>>61524778
They're mostly read by foreigners such as yourself
>>
File: tmp_30478-images-2050757662.png (4 KB, 265x190) Image search: [Google]
tmp_30478-images-2050757662.png
4 KB, 265x190
>>61524387
I don't see the ruin. Was it the upward trend in 1961 or the upward trend in 1975?
>>
>>61524940
We join the eu (EEC) in 1973
>>
Funny how so many like to paint the picture of leave voters as racists and the like when in reality the pro-remain crowd has been some of the most vile people I've seen in a long time, many even hoping britbong economy crashes so they can say they were right.

Doesnt help that you lot make your disdain for working class people so obvious
>>
>>61525028
I want the EEC back. It was perfect.
>>
>>61523422
>>61524179
>>61524653
>>61524825

t. cucks

Leaving the European Union was literally the only way to escape a federalised Europe where a non-elected government make decisions despite having no democratic accountability. Unless there's major reform, the whole thing will collapse within the next decade or so anyway. We're better off outside the EU.
>>
>>61525140
We had an opt out from 'ever closer union'. It was part of Cameron's negotiations.
>>
>>61525048
Working class people can be pretty fucking dreadful tbqh.
>>
>>61524393

Well I know who's going to have a better understanding of economics
horrible argument
>>
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 207x218) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 207x218
Man this has been one hell of a hilarious month. When I see shit like this I'm glad I live in aus where the populace is educated enough to go for what they want and not retarded populists who shout sick one line memes all day erry day.

What's even funnier is that the most of the this website was all for Brexit because of it's anti-immigration stance which they ASSUMED it was for all the curries and pakistanies etc etc. Not bothering to do some actual research and realising it was mostly going to affect "white" immigrants.

The only people who still think Brexit is a good thing are American retards on /fit/ who have no idea what happened apart from "Britain took their country back!!!"

I love all of you. Come over to aus to make it great again.
>>
>>61525048
>>61525222
This

>mfw people imagine poor people to be middle class people with no money
>in reality they're scum
>>
>>61524256

probably not, we'd have to allow free movement and that's literally why we left
>>
>>61525304
You're not making any sense
>>
>>61525307
>Not bothering to do some actual research and realising it was mostly going to affect "white" immigrants.

People on /int/ think that Poles are angels and are amazing immigrants but in the UK they're fucking scum.
>>
>>61525307
Was considering it a while ago but don't reckon I could hack the sand and the heat desu.
>>
>>61525307
Yeah, remembering what sovreignity is sure is a terrible thing indeed. Now britain can make its own immigration policy up instead of getting told by EU
>>
>>61525307

Break it all down for me wise foreigner. Source everything too
>>
>>61525307
It's not just immigration which is pretty much irrelavent

It is about who decides what, which is what a government does

It is about the accountability of an elected official and so on

Your hatred is the same as those one-issue voters, you are no one to point your stubby fingers
>>
>>61525386

What does Big John having a working class life mean? That he's somehow got a better understanding of whether the EU is good for us or not?
>>
>>61525307
The best part is that we'll probably still have the free movement of people from Europe. So nothing changes and we just humiliated ourselves in front of the world for nothing.
>>
>>61525529
Immigration was literally the main issue for most voters.
>>
>>61525624
but the wrong one
>>
>>61525428
>sovreignity

Stop using that fucking word. It means nothing.
The very act of us having a referendum proves we're an independent sovereign nation, which we all knew anyway.
>>
>>61525394
I feel that man. There's actually a few Serbian gangs near where I live that cause trouble for mainly other foreigners but also native (Anglo) Aussies. I dont agree with mass immigration in any form. People should be vetoed properly with a degree if they want to live here.

>>61525416
Nah. It's winter right now and its cold as hell.
>>
>>61523172
>Unity in diversity
>feeding in famine
>drinking in drought
>>
>>61525608
I hope we'll have some control now though.
>>
>>61525394
you must live in a shit area senpai. Round here they're literally fine.
>>
>>61525545

It means he's not a sheltered student that has no experience in anything relevant, and hasn't spent the last 20 years being told what to think rather than how to.
It means the so called better educated Remainers aren't better educated, they're university educated, and from my experience most of them have no business being there-liberal arts are a waste of time
>>
>>61525529
>>61525428
>reclaiming a tiny bit of sovereignty is worth splitting the country and putting it in limbo for possibly decades while new trade deals are arranged, with no guarantee that we'll be in a better position than before
>>
>>61525701
It's called being united under the British flag you dolt.
>>
>>61525744
They don't integrate at all
>>
>>61525608
If you manage to stay stalward economically and do politically incorrect stuff in the future you will humilate us instead.
>>
>>61525803
>british flag

Scotland will leave because of this decision
>>
>>61525804
that's not true, at least not round here. sure they largely stick to their own but they integrate just fine. I've lived in very multicultural parts of London in the past and trust me compared to some communities Poles are based.
>>
File: 1464186441283.jpg (29 KB, 299x275) Image search: [Google]
1464186441283.jpg
29 KB, 299x275
>>61525852
>they largely stick to their own but they integrate just fine
>>
>>61525727
The EU aren't likely to give us any more special treatment. We either accept free movement or we're out of the single market. And if we're out of the single market, our financial sector will be hit hard.
>>
File: 1467038803456.jpg (42 KB, 720x450) Image search: [Google]
1467038803456.jpg
42 KB, 720x450
>>61525852
>sure they largely stick to their own but they integrate just fine
>>
Technically we haven't left yet and no politician has the balls to leave officially
>>
>>61524179
Unfortunately... This.

I really hope that Politicucks will never do the same referendum in France...
>>
>>61525845
Scotland is it's own separate country. People born and raised there shouldn't have this issue.
>>
>>61525771
the benefit is to be able to trade with the rest of the world without going through eu

while of course it will be a while before eu trade deals are hammer out since they have the power to hamper progress you can trade with the rest of us at a much better position than before

that means changing up some stuff but in the long run this is the right decision, trade deals work both ways before the brexit uk was a very large eu export market, they lose quite a bit as well with any downtime in arranging this stuff needing to find new markets to off load their stuff
>>
>>61525944
It's practically inevitable.

Don't be in a denial, man.
>>
>>61525852
> t. Wojtek Badowski
>>
>>61525048
Come over here and walk around a few white council estates in the evening. You will quickly come to hate the fat, tattooed, knuckle-dragging scum too.
>>
>>61525967
Please do it anon. When Europe crumbles, we will only get stronger.
>>
>>61525845

Let's assume they'd be given another referendum (they won't) and let's assume the scots would want to join a weakened EU, adopt the euro and be in a position with absolutley no leverage(they don't), and lets' assume the EU wants another Greece tier state and Spain and Belgium won't veto them (they will) - they'd be jumping out of the frying pan and into hell. For better or worse they're stuck with this, which is good for them since the EU is about to fall apart or become a shitty super state
>>
>>61525887
>>61525918

Just because they like to hang out with each other doesn't mean they don't integrate. From my experience they're perfectly good people, and I don't know any Polish people since I don't live in London anymore yet everyone's acting like they're swarming the place.
Also, I was on /pol/ today and all the brits on there were really playing up to the news reports of literally one incident of pole hatred, saying how they're the worst of the worst of the worst etc. but when's the last time you had a problem with a pole? Or saw them on the news? Or even met one?
>>
>>61525845
France and Spain won't let Scotland leave
>>
>>61526109
>come over here and walk around a few ghettos you'll soon be a racist too
>>
File: CaypsXAXIAIwI82.jpg (41 KB, 572x351) Image search: [Google]
CaypsXAXIAIwI82.jpg
41 KB, 572x351
>>
>>61526127
>we will only get stronger
>we
You mean, Australia?
Hhm, I don't think so.
>>
>>61526013
Trade deals take years to negotiate at a time. Now consider that we have 40 years worth of trade deals that were done through the EU to renegotiate. It's a huge task that will take decades and the UK is not prepared for it.
Also, why are you so sure that the UK can negotiate better deals than the EU, which is the largest trading bloc in the world?
>>
>>61526190
Listen m8, they don't integrate. If they did there wouldn't be a problem, there wouldn't be Polish shithole ghettos, there wouldn't be Polish supermarkets, there wouldn't be companies like Yodel who only employ Poles.

I hear more and more people speaking polish in my local shithole town. If they integrated they would be speaking English and interacting with Brits.

>I was on /pol/ today

How is that relevant?
>>
>>61526127

China will absorb you in the future
>>
>>61526252
For countries that do "trade deals" for some countries you can literally just phone some company up and buy in bulk

with the eu they force those other countries to make a trade deal when there wasn't one, it's unneeded bureaucracy
>>
>>61523172
>One of the oldest democracies
>somehow a democratic vote to abandon a wholly anti-democratic enterprise is fascist and evil

ah yes
>>
>>61526210
>listening to the ramblings of a cis white male
>>
>>61526341
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>61525968

Scotland is not a country. Allowing the home nations to carry on calling themselves countries was such a hilarious mistake
>>
>>61524387
The UK was in 'economic ruin' because the Saudis hiked up the oil prices to punish the west for supporting Israel in the Yom Kippur War.

They can't pull that shit anymore because we don't have the Soviet Union to worry about, we could politically corner them now.
>>
File: Adaei.jpg (19 KB, 277x409) Image search: [Google]
Adaei.jpg
19 KB, 277x409
>>61523172

>All these people itt calling Britain a democracy

Obviously you didn't see what happened to UKIP last general election.
>>
File: United Kingdom Saved.jpg (32 KB, 600x315) Image search: [Google]
United Kingdom Saved.jpg
32 KB, 600x315
You Brits deserve all the bullshit heading your way. This is what happens when you take emotional appeal over rationality and now the same people who advocated for BREXIT are now suddenly saying that perhaps it's best if the UK remains in the E.U. Even worse, the fact they had NO FUCKING plan to even begin with and no FUCKING leadership to guide the BREXIT initiative.

Holy ever living fuck this is just hilarious in the saddest way possible, to be cucked so hard by false promises from power hungry politicians who use the fear of migrants and "eroding sovereignty" to cause quite possibly the biggest fuck up in the 21st century after the decision to invade Iraq a second time.
>>
>>61526299
So you're just scared of people speaking a different language around you? How dreadful for you.
>>
>>61526626
Nice to see you understand the discussion and can contribute something meaningful to it.
>>
File: 1467109710293.jpg (86 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1467109710293.jpg
86 KB, 500x500
>>61526619
you seem a bit flustered and ignorant m9
>>
>>61526626
This comment would be bait on any other board
>>
>>61526299
>implying polish supermarkets are a bad thing
>he doesn't know how based their bread and meats are
mate you can get a fry up and watch the EPL in Spain, so what. The person you're replying to isn't me (the person you were replying to) but he knows what's up. Yes, they like to hang out together, yeah they have their own supermarkets etc. But they aren't a problem in the way other communities are was my point. I voted leave btw, but the anti-Polish Krystallnacht shit is 2much4me. These guys are our neighbours, friends, and they are literally fine. If there was a "problem" EU cunt it would be the Balkans (i.e. Romania and Bulgaria) NOT Poland.
>>
File: Smug Trump.jpg (23 KB, 630x354) Image search: [Google]
Smug Trump.jpg
23 KB, 630x354
>>61526716
>Resorting to memes

If you're so high and mighty, might as well explain why my statement is wrong then.
>>
>>61524236
I imagine most of the young people whining on about the result were part of the 30%~ or whatever it was that actually voted.
>>
>>61526716

>5 million votes
>2 seats

And britshits dare call the EU undemocratic.

Anyway, why am I replying to some random somali?
>>
>>61526784
>now the same people who advocated for BREXIT are now suddenly saying that perhaps it's best if the UK remains

Do you honestly believe this?
>>
>>61526692
You're acting as if they're traitors for daring to speak a different language. They're living here, consuming our media, working here (mostly); they are integrating. Foreigners just like to speak their own language to each other. The Chinese are the same in this regard and they're pretty excellent immigrants.
>>
>>61526619
lol, we'll be absolutely fine friend. I was shocked by us leaving because I wasn't expecting it, but I can't lie that I'm fucking happy about it.
>>
>>61526842
>The Chinese are the same in this regard and they're pretty excellent immigrants.

Don't bring us into this m8. We try and stay as far under the radar as we possibly can.
>>
>>61524256
Which is basically like being in the EU, with all the downsides and with less of the perks and importantly absolutely no influence over the laws they can impose, another reason why people left which would mean nothing if we join the EEA.
>>
>>61526781
Ahh yes, let's support lack of integration because there are communities that are worse! Great idea.

Let's let in everyone because pakis will always be worse.
>>61526842
You're just straw manning m8, stop it.
>they are integrating
They clearly aren't
>The Chinese are the same in this regard and they're pretty excellent immigrants
Excellent immigrants how? Because they don't rape children like pakis?

Excellent immigrants to me are ones who integrate well. Chinks integrate the LEAST.
>>
>>61524300
>Fisherman's Alliance

I really don't get why fishermen wanted to leave so much, do they not understand that the quota's are there for a reason.

What are they going to do without the quota's? Fish our waters dry to extinction? Yeah that'll really help them with their livelihood.
>>
>>61526910
No it's not you spastic, one we will pay less money (although some still) secondly, we can deregulate internally to some degree AND form our own FTA that don't have to be signed off by 27 other parties.. In yank terms "you've drunk the koolaid" -- I'm not sure I want a Norwegian/Swiss relationship, but that is better than remaining regardless.
>>
>>61527016
http://www.debatingeurope.eu/focus/arguments-for-and-against-the-common-fisheries-policy/
>>
>>61527011
I bet you're from a shithole part of the cunt where everybody works on minimum wage in factories or something and therefore you have a lot of Poles.. Not so many other communities.

Multiculturalism in an international city like London or New York literally gives it it's flavour, it's a good thing. Sorry that you have fuck all prospects and no other boogeyman to pick on. Once again I voted leave but Polish are NOT the problem here, it's a sovereignty matter.
>>
>>61527011
Excellent immigrants as in they work hard, don't complain too much and are fairly decent people. They're miles better than the FAS afflicted dolescum shitting up this country.
>>
What is the REAL motivation behind the mainstream media, career politicians and big business wanting us to stay?
>>
>>61527161
Did you actually live in London before Barbara Roche committed her act of treason?

What do you mean 'flavour'? Because you went to camden market and ate some ethnic food and the ethnic shopkeep smiled as they took your money?
>>
>>61527161
Nah I live in a nice village, but going to my nearest town is like going to another country, and I've definitely noticed an increase in Poles the past few years.

>Multiculturalism in an international city like London or New York literally gives it it's flavour, it's a good thing

Can you explain why, because I can't think of any good things apart from food.
>>61527175
They work for piss all money, why hire a Brit when you can hire a Pole who will work for 0.1% of the wage?

Dolescum are our problem though, they're not imported.
>>
>>61523172
Read this: https://theintercept.com/2016/06/25/brexit-is-only-the-latest-proof-of-the-insularity-and-failure-of-western-establishment-institutions/

It's come from a complete disdain for the government from them not listening to the people (specifically the working class) for too long. So many voted leave to spite them. This distrust for governments is why Trump and Sanders were unexpectedly popular.
>>
>>61527196
Big business is pro eu
>>
>>61526366
>shitposting
>>
>>61527048
We will have to keep free movement of people too you know. The problem with negotiating our own trade deals is we'll get railroaded with unfavorable terms instead of negotiating as part of the largest trading block in the world.
>>
>>61523172
Fucking milenians! Lazy, degenerate. They don't want to work, they just want free benefits from UE. I'm glad older generation voted leave
>>
File: 1467063897473.png (251 KB, 478x260) Image search: [Google]
1467063897473.png
251 KB, 478x260
>>61523172
>Europe = EU
>nationalism = bad
>>
Why did British jews vote like 80% leave but all the american jews want us to stay?
>>
>>61527196
globalism aka "let's make all the countries into an incestuous beurocratic clusterfuck"
>>
>>61527458
Also about 99.9% of British Jews live in London so doesn't voting leave put them out of a job if the banks all pack up?
>>
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 640x1028) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 640x1028
>>61523422
JUST
>>
>>61527301
>why hire a Brit when you can hire a Pole who will work for 0.1% of the wage?

>what is minimum wage

All the jobs that you're perceiving them to be taking up are low paying, cheap labour jobs, they were never going to give you a good wage in the first place. They can't work for less than minimum and it's not their fault you want to do some easy ass labour job and get paid more than it's worth.
>>
>>61527496
Well shouldn't them being the most pro-leave ethnic group tell you that isn't going to happen?
>>
>>61523172
British's choice is good. they are Right.
they dont like asshole EU, and they don't wish a receive refugees.
in all, Germany is bad. literally germans would destroy Europe.
>>
>>61527528
>ass

FOY

That just pushes the wage down though doesn't it? If there weren't poles to do these shitty jobs then these companies would have to pay more so Brits would apply?
>>
>>61527287
I'm not a cockney no. And no I don't mean Camden fucking markets kek. I mean like the "flavour" of individual areas.. Like in London I lived in a: heavily Turkish area, heavily Jamaican area, heavily Jewish area, heavily Bangladeshi area.. It just gives the area a certain "character". I don't want to shittalk and say one is better than the other (although I prefer 2 of them to the other 2 strongly) but that's living in a global city. Wouldn't change it.

>>61527301
Food is the big one, admittedly.. But it affects culture in areas too (often negatively: East End = no more pubs.. I don't see that with Poles tho?) What's the town out of curiosity?
>>
>>61527458
Scared of the Muslims, I imagine.
>>
>>61527458
They didn't. Only 52% voted to leave.

I guess it's related to age. British Jews are on average older.
>>
Is /int/ reddit-lite?
>>
>kicking out spanish qts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R03B8eEM1yg

Don't worry she will be replaced with pakis, good job lads.
>>
>>61527646
Correction: 54% voted to leave. Still nowhere near 80%
>>
>>61527704
Gonna explain why?
>>
>>61527373
If we went for a Swiss/Norje arrangement, yes. I don't care though. Also
>unfavorable
FOY
>>
>>61527626
Milton Keynes
>>
File: lol desk.png (8 KB, 493x402) Image search: [Google]
lol desk.png
8 KB, 493x402
>You have lived to see the democratic process cause untold amounts of butthurt
>>
>>61527795

Reddit is full of crying remainers. /int/ is full of crying remainers
>>
>>61523172
>Why did they have to leave? ;_;
Because the left has spent the past 50-years dismissing the concerns of the white working-class (just as the political right has). What were initially rational concerns about mass-immigration and globalization, are now inevitability manifesting in the form of nationalism. Mostly as the result of anyone with a working or lower middle-class backgorund being labeled as a "chav" or "racist" whenever they voice their opinion on immigration or other issues that the post-modern left has come to champion.

Elitist, upper middle-class champagne socialists brought this upon themselves.
>>
>>61527305
It's just the reality of globalisation. Governments literally can't afford to do much to stop corporate greed from fucking over the working class because those big companies can just move around the world now.
>>
>>61527373

You're not even fucking British
>>
>>61527831
KEK. LITERALLY THE BIGGEST SHITHOLE IN THE SOUTH MINUS LUTON.

CANNOT FABRICATE THIS.

No wonder you're a rorke. Sorry lad, truth hurts :((
>>
>>61527832
It's bound to happen when the government pretends an ochlocracy is democracy.
>>
>>61527874
Feel free to go back to whichever safe space you prefer.
>>
>>61527944
Also the archetypal ""nu city"" it was literally designed to be a dystopian, multicultural hellhole
>>
>>61527892
Dunno about that. I think Brits just got sick of Brussels being massive retarded cunts. Like everyone else, but we'll stay as long as we get gibsmedats. If it reaches a point where we'll not gain a profit then we're fucking out.
>>
>>61528023

Your dad's arsehole is my safe space
>>
>>61527944
>>61528033
>say Milton Keynes is a shithole and that I don't even live there
>you get mad

wot
>>
>>61528110
>he lives in Bedfordshire/Hertfordshire
>"""""""""""""nice""""""""""""" village
laughingskets.bmp
>>
>>61527806
If we don't go for Swiss Norway version we'll have to negotiate the details of our access to the single market. This took Canada 7 years to do and while these negotiations happen we will revert to WTO rules where everything pretty much enjoys a 10% tariff, the effect of that for the working class for the next decade will be huge price increases, reduced exports and the financial services sector which makes up about one fifth of our gdp will be leaving in droves rather than wait 10 years to regain single market access.

If we don't go swiss Norway route it will be an economic disaster. If we do, we have to accept free movement. This is the choice we voted for ourselves and it's basically the choosing the lesser of two evils. Fun times.
>>
File: 864864186453.gif (95 KB, 377x350) Image search: [Google]
864864186453.gif
95 KB, 377x350
>all these tiny counties that relied on EU funding voted out
>EU funding stops
>slowly these counties start to deteriorate
>they can't handle the upkeep at all
>buildings and businesses shutting down left and right
>they all become derelict shitholes
>and they asked for it too
>tfw
>>
>>61527832
It's funny because our stocks are now back to pre-Brexit levels and the Euro stocks are still decimated.
>>
Heseltine is furious

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/video_and_audio/headlines/36677623
>>
>>61528246
seriously lay off the koolaid lad. Also I already said I don't care if we allow movement of people, I'm just glad we're out of the political shackles. I don't think it's a worse deal, at all.

t. not working class
>>
>>61528318
Take a look at the ftse 250 mate
>>
File: EU shill bitch tits.png (284 KB, 1343x3508) Image search: [Google]
EU shill bitch tits.png
284 KB, 1343x3508
>>61527922
He's an EU shill. They have infested the board.
>>
>>61528067
The issue of national sovereignty was a driving force behind the "Leave" side, of course, but immigration was the overriding for the majority of leavers (that is not a bad thing, mind you).
>>
>>61528374
>koolaid
FOY
>>
i know, UK is strong.
EU will reject the UK. but UK doesnt lose.
i always support UK in my spirit.
>>
File: 1312291457832.jpg (15 KB, 367x388) Image search: [Google]
1312291457832.jpg
15 KB, 367x388
>>61528395
>everyone invading my safe space must be a shill
>>
File: y664265427427.png (143 KB, 366x231) Image search: [Google]
y664265427427.png
143 KB, 366x231
>>61527626
If you want character why can't you just hop on a plane and go to places with that character?

And there will only be one 'flavour' in a few years time if we give in to hipster fancy
>>
File: 1466874253469.png (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1466874253469.png
1 MB, 1920x1200
>>61528405
>>
File: 1445790027580.jpg (24 KB, 303x566) Image search: [Google]
1445790027580.jpg
24 KB, 303x566
>>61528246
Oh no you guys might end up being slightly less filthy rich compared to everyone else. The horror.
>>61528284
You mean the EU donating money to their own companies and building roundabouts. Yeah that'd really mess things up.
>>61528405
I don't know that much about uk migration stuff but I've heard that after leaving migrating within the commonwealth will be easier. So if anything european immigrants will decrease and they'll get shitskins instead. So I'm not sure if that matters at all.
>>
>>61527892
No the country just got fed up of propping up non-profitable industries, the world moves on and they refused to.
>>
>>61528395
jesus christ
>>
>>61528374
It's not koolaid mate it's simply the reality of how trade treaties work. Even after we leave the eu (2years) we will have to negotiate to even get the Norway model. I. The meantime we'll be using WTO trading tariffs for an uncertain amount of time. How is this not worse?
>>
File: 64642764286428.jpg (57 KB, 832x468) Image search: [Google]
64642764286428.jpg
57 KB, 832x468
I have some news for you guys:

The week after the Chilcot report there is going to be another report released that will wipe out Labour for good. They have Tony Blair red-handed in early 00s ministerial talks planning to bring in foreigners who will vote Labour and bringing in Muslims as part of a deal with the Saudis.

This is 100% real and it's going to change everything.
>>
>>61528807
Oh joy. Can we bring the lib dems back?
>>
>>61528862
I'm guessing blairites will never show their face again and corbyn backers will form a new party under another name.
>>
>S&P Downgrades EU Credit Rating
http://www.wsj.com/articles/s-p-downgrades-eu-credit-rating-1467308462
>>
>>61528240
Milton Keynes is in Buckinghamshire m8
>>
>>61528862
Lib Dems do seeming to be rising in popularity, first since the Tories got in last GE and another burst again since the referendum.

I'll probably vote for them since Labour has seemed like a clusterfuck for the last few years. And hopefully Labour will keep falling apart so that enough of their voters will move to Lib Dems instead so that they actually have a chance at getting in with FPTP beyond a coalition.
>>
>>61528939
Doubt it, bet the blairites will rebrand instead to distance themselves from chilcot.

If an mp changes parties to a new one, is there a by election?
>>
>>61528985
Lmao. Europe must really fucking hate us right now
>>
>>61529031
Crashing this union
>>
File: 1462418421715.jpg (9 KB, 233x224) Image search: [Google]
1462418421715.jpg
9 KB, 233x224
>>61528807
>They have Tony Blair red-handed in early 00s ministerial talks planning to bring in foreigners who will vote Labour and bringing in Muslims as part of a deal with the Saudis.

No, it won't. It's [Current Year], the diversification of the "pale, stale whitebread" UK is now viewed as one of the best things that's ever happened to the British Isles by your media and a significant minority of your population.

It's like that anecdote about the person ringing Ted Kennedy's office about how he lied about the 1965 Immigration Act changing America into a "minority-majority" nation, and being told that that fat mick fuck did nothing wrong
>>
>>61529024
While I understand the hate for lib dems primarily due to uni fees , they at least had a good reason for that compromise. The Tories just u turn because their promises are I achievable lies.
>>
>>61529094
>We made Spain even poorer
Now I feel a little bit bad.
>>
Less year there were political scandals about pasty taxes and ed not being able to eat a bacon butty, how times change
>>
>>61529119
Their deliberately making policies for the purpose of literally importing votes is a very big deal.
>>
>>61528807
>>61529244
name of the report?
>>
>>61529218
for some that voted for cameron was because of this referendum, it's been long time coming
>>
>>61529321
>Chilcot report

yw lad
>>
>>61529321
It's just a file number. It's probably going to be called x-gate by the media.
>>
>>61529024
>Lib Dems came second place after Conservatives in my constituency in 2015
I'm definitely voting for them next time.
>>
>>61525140
>People wanted us to leave the EU rather than be the manipulative Jew that got us the largest Empire in history.

We really have fallen from grace.
>>
>>61526717
but any other board isnt /int/ nor is it
>for the exchange of foreign language and culture.
>>
>>61527196
Free movement of people and other stuff that's beneficial for large companies. Small companies might still want to pay decent wages but they'll have to compete against big ones that hire workers from abroad and pay them low wages.
>>
>>61529974
Didn't you guys violate free movement and are going to get punished for it?
>>
damp rags
>>
>>61530179
No. The freedom of movement of workers treaty will have to be changed or cancelled though. The Swiss people voted for new laws in the constitution that demand a limitation ofnimmigration until 2017.
>>
>>61523172
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CvHjEkhxJQ
>>
>>61530500
They'll never adjust or cancel that treaty without demanding concessions as they would give the uk a precedent.
>>
>>61530884
I just want that the national law is followed.
>>
PS: the treaty has become frustrated. The idea has never been that migration should go only into one direction, from the EU into Switzerland. But this has happened. Either the treaty is (unilaterally) changed so that migration goes into the other direction as a compensation. Or it should be terminated. BTW you can terminate any international treaty.
>>
>>61531225
>BTW you can terminate any international treaty
You can, but there's a guillotine clause. Terminating the one on freedom of movement would also terminate treaties about air traffic, road traffic, agriculture, technical trade barriers, public procurement and science.

50,3% of the Swiss who rejected freedom of movement could only see immigration.
>>
>>61523172
>falling victim to nationalism.
GET A LOADA THIS FAG LMAO
>>
>>61531465
The bilateral agreements I are not important. Also AFAIK the EU would need to vote unanimously for using the "guillotine".
>>
>>61531553
>The bilateral agreements I are not important
If you think so...

>The seven agreements are intimately linked to one another by the requirement that they are to come into force at the same time and that they are to cease to apply at the same time, six months after the receipt of a non-renewal or denunciation notice concerning any one of them.

Sounds like it's automatic
>>
File: 1467223664932.jpg (282 KB, 1024x736) Image search: [Google]
1467223664932.jpg
282 KB, 1024x736
>>61531495
>>
File: 89.jpg (63 KB, 576x385) Image search: [Google]
89.jpg
63 KB, 576x385
>>61531625
>Putting your country before your continent is racist

What is support for Europe then? Continentalism?
Why on earth should I feel an affinity for people who speak different languages, have different cultures and dislike Britain regardless?
>>
>>61531619
Source please. And please not Wikipedia unless Wikipedia has a link to a reliable source.
>>
>>61523172
>being in the EU
lmao
>>
>>61531718
It's on the first page

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:32002D0309&from=EN
>>
>>61531714
I don't know, why are you still in a union with Scotland, Northern Ireland, and Wales?
>>
>>61531864
I'd get rid of Northern Ireland and Scotland if I could.
Fuckers refuse to leave.
>>
>>61531864
Because they have the same language, culture and like Britain regardless.
>>
>>61531714
If someone says "racist" I just see it as "I'm a massive retard please disregard everything I say"
>>
>>61532270
It's an attempt to silent the opposition by saying a magic word
>>
>>61531714
Everyone is a racist now.

If you think people should get voluntarily birth control programs paid everywhere, also in poor countries, you're a racist.
If you're against limitless immigration into your country you're a racist.
If you think asylum shopping shouldn't be possible you're a racist.

Each time you're against population growth in your country or in the world you're a racist.

>>61531772
Maybe you're right. Then, maybe Switzerland should unilaterally change the free movement treaty and wait. AFAIK the EU would then have to vote unanimously for terminating the bilateral agreements I. Or accept the change. Switzerland might use as an argument that it didn't promise to become the overflow basin of a broken EU job market. But Switzerland has become this overflow basin. As a compensation the net migration must go into the opposite direction.
>>
>>61532319
Well you know, then I just don't consider them as people worth talking with. If we're in democracy one side shouldn't just throw words around with the intent of saying "shut up". But if we want some totalitarian competence where one side should just silence the other then that's cool, just let me get a gun then.
>>
File: 1466480762957.jpg (7 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
1466480762957.jpg
7 KB, 250x241
>it's another antifa slovak episode
>>
>>61523172
>all this EU-pro propaganda in german media
>>
>>61525048
>working class
>half of them are employed

We should just call it the uneducated unemployed class at least it would be accurate
>>
>>61532434
>Then, maybe Switzerland should unilaterally change the free movement treaty and wait.
You didn't read it, did you? You can say hello to all those things I listed here>>61531465
It's named a guillotine clause for a reason.

On the other hand, your parliament can postpone the deadline if they want.

I think they are very well aware that severing all those treaties would lead to a severe drop in GDP.

After all that would be great, no? Yay, less migrants!
>>
>>61533000
How has the German media been reporting it? Talking about Bloody racist or Bloody old people?
>>
>>61523172
They haven't left tho. This was just a public referendum. The officials can piss on it whenever they come to their senses and realize how fucked they are if they don't.
>>
>>61533164
It's permanently damaged our relations with eh EU though now that our future membership will always be unsteady.
>>
>>61533156
both, they are shilling on a new level
>>
>>61533156
here are some general reactions:
>Hurr durr dey don't know about muh economics
>dumb old people ruining the UK
>>
>>61533242
Don't really see why the "hurr durr" was necessary seeing as they don't know even the most basic shit about what union they actually voted against... needless to say, what possible idea could a pleb have about economics in the first place :D
>>
>>61533142
>>Then, maybe Switzerland should unilaterally change the free movement treaty and wait.
>You didn't read it, did you? You can say hello to all those things I listed here>>61531465
>It's named a guillotine clause for a reason.
You mean goodbye? Anyway what I suggested is a fair change of the free movement treaty that could be made by Switzerland. Then the EU could accept it or decide to terminate the free movement treaty / treaties of the bilateral agreements I.
>On the other hand, your parliament can postpone the deadline if they want.
No, then the federal councillors have to turn the new laws in the constitution into reality.
>>
>>61533307
not him, but it was necessary since its always about

>MUH ECONOMICS

The "experts" dont know shit either and its their fucking right to be stupid and vote for what ever they want, its their country.
>>
>>61533316
>unilaterally changing treaties
That's not how international law works. And your lawmakers know that.

>Switzerland has a deadline of February 2017 to implement the 2014 referendum on EU immigration, although President Johann Schneider-Ammann has said the government could seek legislation to allow that deadline to be extended if no agreement with Brussels has been reached by then.
http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/bern-and-brussels_eu-leader-says-swiss-immigration-solution-is-crucial/42262108
>>
>>61533088
I like how democracy is basically just a system where people can stand in a circle and point fingers at each other all day. The poor people at the rich because they don't understand their struggle, the rich at the poor because they're stupid, the old at the young, the young at the old, the left at the right because they're racists the right at the left because they're traitors so on and so forth all the meanwhile politicians stuff their pockets and point fingers at other politicians.
>>
>>61533316
Your country economically profits from migration, but this isn't about economy.

It's an anxiety from the fast-changing world which is mainly felt by rural, older, working-class people.

I don't think these people would be ready for a recession induced by curbing immigration. In fact, those would be the most vulnerable groups.
>>
File: 1440962680857.jpg (17 KB, 236x282) Image search: [Google]
1440962680857.jpg
17 KB, 236x282
Why are women, worldwide, so cunting retarded when it comes to politics
>>
>>61533595
But yeah. They can always blame that on remaining immigrants :^)
>>
>>61533595
Yeah I agree :^) those westerners need immigration and import of cheap labor to survive. By the way completely unrelated but when are you migrating again? I'm planning on right after finishing my degree :^)
>>
>>61523172
Why are modern leftists the biggest shills for international capital?
>>
>>61533595

The pool of blue-collar working class jobs has been shrinking and shrinking for decades and you have the gall to think the swaths of unskilled immigrants flooding in to fill what's left at dirt-cheap wages thanks to their 3rd world standards is "beneficial"

sure, for that le 1% big business owners and aristocracy everyone bitches about

fucking leftists and their downright contradictory stances
>>
>>61533771
I can make good money here with my degree, so I'm not planning to.

Our own workforce is hitting its limits, so in coming years we'll also see more immigration here whether we like it or not.

World is changing and those who can't adapt (skills, attitudes) will have it incredibly hard.
>>
>>61523172
The EU isn't a democracy.
>>
>>61533887

>those who can't adapt

*those who don't want to work tough jobs for the peanuts an hour Pajeet from the box down the street is willing to do

and it's not about charity, there is an infinite amount of 3rd worlders ready to flood in until the entire system is brought to its knees and the level of the home countries they left behind

this is about the West deciding if they want to protect its citizens and living standards, or not
>>
>>61533887
Oh yeah sure you don't, me neither ;^) I love working here for 1/5 of the wage I'd get in switzerland.
Yeah all those unemployed people just suck, it's not like there's a lack of jobs as is. Jeez what a bunch of dumbos right.
>>
>>61533445
>>unilaterally changing treaties
>That's not how international law works. And your lawmakers know that.
Are you a lawyer? Again, we never promised to be or thought we would be the overflow basin of the broken EU job market. There must be a possibility in law to change a treaty that should have been good for both parties but has been good for one and bad for the other.
>>Switzerland has a deadline of February 2017 to implement the 2014 referendum on EU immigration, although President Johann Schneider-Ammann has said the government could seek legislation to allow that deadline to be extended if no agreement with Brussels has been reached by then.
>http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/bern-and-brussels_eu-leader-says-swiss-immigration-solution-is-crucial/42262108
That is against the constitution. The constitution is clear.

>>61533595
Say that the young who move into their own apartment for the first time or to people who need to move to another city; they pay ridiculous rents (you can't increase the rents for existing tenants so easily, so people who have been living in a flat for a long time don't pay as much.). Say that the 50 year old who are fired.
>>
File: tfw no french gf.jpg (49 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
tfw no french gf.jpg
49 KB, 640x640
>there is going to be a surge of britroaches moving here over the next few years
>the french wont save us from this invasion as they did the usa
>>
File: 1368229729968.jpg (781 KB, 1864x1398) Image search: [Google]
1368229729968.jpg
781 KB, 1864x1398
Remember, both the established left and right are angry about nationalization because it hurts their bottom lines and helps the average citizen of said nation

The money here in the states has slowly but surely shifted to the Democrats because they're the ones truly helping out big business, while spoonfeeding their "progressive" cattle fear about kids menu social issues and an invisible big racist boogeyman

they are going to vote for a woman who should be in federal prison and has taken millions upon millions in donations from the largest banks as well as Saudi Arabia because she didn't say some meanie words on television once

there is your modern reality
>>
>>61526299
>I hear more and more people speaking polish in my local shithole town
Why do you care?
>>
The UK is in the same position as Norway now.
The EU Bloc trades with Norway on the condition that they implement 75% of EU legislation and allow freedom of movement for migrant labour. They have no choice but to accept this and they have never had any say because they never joined the EU.
Because the UK has decided to leave the EU over the next 2 years, Britain has essentially done nothing to improve it's position aside from appease people and factions with right wing, nationalist views. If anything, the UK has robbed itself of it's own voice on EU proceedings. Before, the UK had the power to vote for or against EU legislation and to veto any movement set by the council. If the UK ends up in the same position as Norway, they will have no say whatsoever in the EU legislation that is introduced to the UK.
>>
File: 1429370955246.jpg (42 KB, 559x510) Image search: [Google]
1429370955246.jpg
42 KB, 559x510
>>61534086
Who fucking cares, I'd literally just laugh my ass off if all you burgers died by tomorrow
>>
>>61534279

I'm not the one bordering the Muslim horde lad :-$
>>
>>61534260
Just don't join EEA but try to get a free trade treaty. The EU exports more goods to the UK than vice versa. They must be interested in a free trade treaty. The EU will have their overholy free movement for the member countries and countries that want it, and free trade with other countries that don't want free movement (like the USA for instance. Free movement isn't part of the TTIP negotiations).
>>
File: 1465601803505.png (386 KB, 1654x866) Image search: [Google]
1465601803505.png
386 KB, 1654x866
Last Friday morning was amazing! I woke up in my Union Jack jim-jams to the sound of a squadron of Spitfires racing overhead and leaving a trail of hot buttered crumpets behind them I ran to the corner shop past all the british children who were laughing and squealing with excitement as they made a beautiful statue of the queen out of happy wriggling bulldog puppies - with two corgis for her eyebrows! Bunting fluttered everywhere and the man from the betting shop stepped out into the street - "Guess what! England just won the World Cup & The Ashes & The Grand National and here's the best bit - Boris put a bet on it for everyone! you're all MILLIONAIRES!!!" The red arrows flew overhead dropping fish and chips as i walked into the corner shop, got my morning paper and went to the counter. "how much please?" I said to the asian lad there. "1 pence, everything in the whole shop now costs just 1p!" he laughed, "Leave it on the counter, i'm off back to pakistan - we all are!" And he's right! outside in the streets jolly old Nigel Farage was leading a huge crowd of happy foreigners - turks, poles, romanians, syrians - there was even a few English people with heavy suntans mixed up in there! nigel was singing Rule Britannia carrying a pint of ale and a cigarette, which he had lit up INSIDE A PUB! Just then Boris flew overhead in a concorde made of Bank of England gold - "don't worry!" he laughed "I've cut out all the bits the French made!" and with that he crashed into the ground at 1200 miles an hour, along with the economy, the country and all the dozy nostalgic foreigner-fearing fools who fell for this."
>>
>>61525103
Me too
>>
File: 1447695104868.png (44 KB, 355x540) Image search: [Google]
1447695104868.png
44 KB, 355x540
>>61534393
And our country sent 1500 soldiers in March to the border and any tresspasser gets instantly detained or thrown out. Your point?
>>
>left wingers protesting the uk left the eu
>not realising the eu is basically the soviet union except ran by big corporations rather than the state
>saying it's worse because there are less housemaids and gardeners for brits
>supporting the wishes of big business to crush the wages of the working class via mass immigration
>not supporting national self determination

What fucking bizzaro world am I living in? Why is the modern "left" so.... Not even left? What the fuck is it? They don't care about the poor or nation's rights to control themselves they're like this new horrid beast.
>>
>>61523172

Voting leave was good because your country was smart enough not to be part of some totalitarian government run by Germany.

Sounds familiar, no?
>>
>>61534991
We were projected to over take Germany as the largest economy, everything was going so well. Holding this referendum was the stupidest, most shot sighted thing.
>>
Leaving the EU made this white German immigrant cry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSK8gqhELB0

Thanks, don't worry she will be replaced with a nice paklistani couple that will have 8 kids.
>>
>>61534739

old school leftists like corbyn know what's up.

it's the modern SJW tier leftists who don't give a fuck about the working class, or democracy, or anything really except gay marriage and importing as many muslims as possible.
>>
Woah, I heard from my friend which lives in UK - Brits go crazy over this.
>>
>>61534739

These are Neo Libs you're talking about.

Classic Libs (who come from the left) are making a return because these Neo liberals are anything but liberals.
>>
>>61534739
I don't really see how EU was better for big corporations than UK itself. EU was apparently pissing loads of Ruskie millionaires already with their regulations. Seems like it's just playing in their hands. EU is also pumping money into the poorest cuntries already to develop.
>>
>>61527161
New york has turned into an amusement park, in the 90s it was a hell hole.
>>
>>61523172
EU is Tower of Babel

UK is right.
>>
File: 625unitedkingdom.png (545 KB, 2754x1397) Image search: [Google]
625unitedkingdom.png
545 KB, 2754x1397
>>61523172
fuck
>>
Fuck the EU
>>
>>61533887
What's "good money"
>>
Where does the undemocratic EU meme come from? Everyone in the Council and Commissions is either elected or appointed by elected officials. Brits don't elect ministers anyway or have a way to recall a minister so what exactly is the big difference?

Seems to me a lot of people have very strong opinions on the EU without knowing much about it.
>>
>>61542440
>elect a party which forms a government which doesnt fiercly support the countrys interest
>get mad at the EU

what did they mean by this
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.