[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
that flag
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
>mfw I discovered the Americans owe their flag to India

Just so fucking priceless
>>
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Company_rule_in_India
>>
>It is not known for certain when, or by whom, the design of the Continental Colors was created, though the flag could easily be produced by sewing white stripes onto the British Red Ensigns.[3] The "Alfred" flag has been credited to Margaret Manny.[4]
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Union_Flag
>>
>>61510764

literally east india 2.0
>>
It's crazy how the american flag is idealized to no end and then you realize the founding fathers were lowly rebels who just didn't wanna pay their taxes and made a quick switch up to the company flag kek
>>
>>61510771
???
>>
>>61511738
13 stripes... Coincidence?
(nice try btw)
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2524x1428) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2524x1428
>>61510764
Don't forget the State of Hawai'i
(Pic related)
>>
>>61512837
is that the slavic tricolour, lol?
>>
>mfw America literally stole Liberia's and Malaysia's flag
>>
>>61512837
cool flag 2bh
>>
>>61510764
America owes the tune to their national anthem to an English drinking song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydAIdVKv84g
>>
>>61514719
Damn

Why did America culturally appropriate so much British heritage

Rude
>>
>>61514719
>>61518764
How can you culturally appropriate a drinking song? It probably came over with actual Brits.

>>61512684
The East India Company had an inconsistent number (always odd) between 9-15. So yes "coincidence" works. 13 rebelling colonies has an obvious connection, stripes are very common, and the red ensign was literally everywhere.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.