[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is she faking it /int/? >Texas woman wakes up with an En
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 1600x669) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 1600x669
Is she faking it /int/?

>Texas woman wakes up with an English accent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATu6h-0aH5A
>>
I've heard of people speaking in a different accent after having a stroke, so... maybe?
>>
>>61492154
No.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_accent_syndrome
>>
>>61492154
mexicans trying to enter the uk
>>
>Get surgery
>Wake up with metropolitan Canadian accent
>Nobody notices anything

>>61492258
Still dont know how it works tbqh
>>
>>61492154
It doesn't sound entirely British but it doesn't sound like she's trying to put it on. She still says things like 'ditn't'. I'd say her speech has gotten messed up and makes her pronounce some vowels differently which makes her sound more British but that she's not going for any particular accent.
>>
>>61492466
The brain is weird. Your speech centre gets all fucked up from the stroke and you end up with abnormal speech patterns. You're trying to talk the way you normally do, but the damaged parts of the brain interfere and lend a sort of slur or lisp. Since our brains are already used to picking out accents, we hear it and associate the specific patterns with one particular region. It's not an actual accent, just the brain not being able to speak the same as before.
>>
>>61492596
>British accent result of brain damage: confirmed
>>
>>61492466
Accents and speech are a matter of tongue placement, breathing, facial muscles usage. There lies the clue
>>
>>61492647
They've been speaking it the longest so it would make sense that they would learn to speak it in the laziest way possible. It's the opposite of brain damage imo.
>>
>>61492647
It can be perceived as any accent... it's not actually that accent, dummy...
>>
>>61492154
if she's faking, it's a really good accent
>>
>>61492154
she sounds like she's the brightest of all the people featured in this vid 2bh
>>
>>61492154
at least it's not brummie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHMdnKPvPZM
>>
File: 1446890431343.jpg (138 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1446890431343.jpg
138 KB, 700x700
>Be American
>Have stroke and get brain damage
>Wake up British
>>
>>61492154
>mfw brits are basically brain-damaged americans
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.