[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did America keep slavery until the 19th Century?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: slavery.jpg (685 KB, 1558x2581) Image search: [Google]
slavery.jpg
685 KB, 1558x2581
Why did America keep slavery until the 19th Century?
>>
why did the japanese systematically murder and rape their way through china in the 20th century?
>>
It was an accident!
>>
>>61490037
I mean why not?
>>
>>61490037
The economic system of the agrarian southern states became wholly dependent on slave labor for cheap agricultural production. Because of this cheap labor source, there was little incentive to industrialize.
It was essentially a self-perpetuating economic system.
>>
>>61490037
Why did France use the Guillotine until the 20th?
>>
>>61490037
Huge European demand for American cotton + pre-existing free labor source + greed.

Nah, I'm just kidding actually, it was all just a big prank.
>>
>>61490037
We needed them for labor.
>>
Not for obtaining manpower but for lynching

Theyve loved cruelty lynching non-whites people

Fucking insular and very collective minded
>>
Rich plantation owners wanted to keep the status quo and keep their shekels
>>
Because everyone who migrated there once upon a time was an opportunist and that's why they saw (and still see) other humans as means of production, nothing more.
>>
Cotton and the weak economy of the South. The South wouldn't have joined the Union if slavery had been barred by the US constitution.
>>
>>61490037
brazil did it longer
>>
>>61490293
It was because of industrialization that slavery continued. Fat European markets wanted cotton and technological innovations like the cotton gin made production even faster. The only technology that wasn't catching up was getting the cotton off the plant.
>>
File: 1467238256414.png (302 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1467238256414.png
302 KB, 680x680
>>61490424
>Fucking insular and very collective minded
>>
>>61490424
lol white people and societies have always had the most individual freedoms and have always valued liberty and individualism, unlike every single colored society
>>
>>61490037
they wanted to feel like royals
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.