[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A question to Americans
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 281x179) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 281x179
Recently I made friends with two Americans (two don't know each other.)
And then one guy ("A") asked me to hang out and I was like yeah. So we had lunch and talked for two hours. And then suddenly he told me that he is going to "meet another friend". And we said goodbye..
After that, the other guy ("B") asked me to hang out and I was like yeah. So we had lunch and talked for three hours. And then suddenly he told me that he is going to "meet another friend". And we said goodbye...

In my understanding, "let's hang out" means "I have a complete day off for you. Let's have fun."
I just thought it was a little bit weird to have your day off just like your weekday business meeting.
Americajin San, What do you think?
Oh no I am a guy and it's just about friendship.

information about them
"A" African American in his 20s from New York (state)
"B" white American in his 30s from New York City
>>
>>61420787
for the purposes of this thread I am going to assume you are sincere and not a proxy or memer

there is no set amount of time to "hang out"
generally it means "whenever I have time"

that said they sound like huge normies and you should sever all ties to them as soon as possible
>>
>>61420787
I think they were just bored and made up some excuses to get rid of you.
>>
>>61421828
I am not a proxy ughhhhhhhhh
>>
>>61421903
I was thinking about it.....
Is this kind of behavior considered to be weird in France?
>>
Well you have to explain to them what is your definition of hanging out
>>
>he's one of the all day people

RRRREEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>61420787
Not just you Anon-san. You got some people who treat friends as business, and have a set time in their mind before they run off and do other shit. You then have some people who treat friends as a sort of partner and hang outwith them all day.

They are not shit people, just not the style of friend you seem to be looking for.
>>
>>61420787

Hang out just means go out do anything or nothing at all for an amount of time something like 1 hour to a whole day it depends, but its not like you gotta devote yourself to the other person, maybe jappanesse are too cordial for our western manners.
> "let's hang out" means "I have a complete day off for you. Let's have fun."
thats gay
>>
>>61421965
It's not normal to tell lies to your friend so...
>>
>>61422070
Thank you. Good to know its not an "American thing"
>>
If someone asked me.to hang out it would be from 14:00 till 17:30 or from 18:00 to 23:00

If they ask me to come over for dunner it would be from 15:00 to 20:00

If they ask me to come over it would be 2 hours till 3 hours

If they asked me to grab a bite it would be 1 or 2 hours

If they asked me to sleep over it would be 20 hours

If they ask me to go out with friends and stuff 10 hours would be normal
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.