[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So...What's your career/plan for a career? Age 26 currently:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 13
File: 39385297.jpg (10 KB, 251x222) Image search: [Google]
39385297.jpg
10 KB, 251x222
So...What's your career/plan for a career?

Age 26 currently:

I'm currently on a path in college to be a licensed Registered Nurse, to one day be employed as an RN in either a pediatric clinic, or as a neonatal nurse. One day I'll hopefully become what's called a Nurse Manager.

My ultimate aspiration is to pursue my entrepreneurial ideas, hopefully within the first two years of being an RN I'll use that money to fund my ideas to eventually get rich and retire early. If that doesn't work though, then my backup will be the RN path.

You?
>>
Im 22 and work in a warehouse. No prospects or ambition.
>>
Finishing my degree then joining up as an officer.
>>
24 pizza hut delively parttimer,dropped out uni.
>>
Age 25 and straight out of uni.
I took English literature in university as my BA and now I don't know what to do with my life.
Being an English teacher here is an absolutely dreadful job with really shit pay. Still got my teaching certificate though... But I don't like this path I'm taking...
I'm lost as to what I can do, but I feel like I wouldn't be able to accomplish anything else anyway.
>>
>>61397766
join military, kill arabs. while you can.
>>
>>61397177
currently java developer, saving money to eventually start my own business I guess
>>
age 19
live with parents because they let me as long as i take care of my sister with ASL, after she dies they will probably kick me out.
>>
>>61397177
did you actually want to be a nurse, or did you just pick it cause it's an easy way to earn money?
>>
File: watamote_10_3[1].jpg (41 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
watamote_10_3[1].jpg
41 KB, 640x360
>>61397801
Give me a break, already did that for 3 years.
I was too much of a sperg to even be considered for combat, so I ended up as a secretary in the middle of Tel Aviv.
>>
>>61397921
I chose a job where I'd be semi happy working from potentially now until retirement age at 65 or so. I don't want to break my body in the Trades, or sit in front of a computer for the next 40 years either. Seemed like the best job.

Although the plan is to get rich anyway from my ideas, but to start now so I'll already have a backup going if my plans fail
>>
>>61397177
Archaeology
I wil probably end in the dole queue
>>
I've been so focused on helping my family since freshman year I forgot to make a plan.
>>
I'm thinking of going to college to get some kind of degree that will help me get a sales position, but my dream job is to be an actor. I figure I should check out casting calls in my area and start a YouTube channel with my friends to build up a resume and hope for the best. Obviously I won't leave my sales job (hoping I get one, of course) until I make mroe money on acting.

What do you think, /int/? Currently I'm 18 and I live with my parents.
>>

Inherit the family business and pass it on to my son(s).
>>
File: 1403537644986.jpg (40 KB, 453x500) Image search: [Google]
1403537644986.jpg
40 KB, 453x500
Actually tying a rope to a traction bar to hang myself tonight
>>

No idea. I'm an alcoholic and currently out of a job.
>>
Doing a master in finance.
I plan to work as equity analyst or credit analyst.
Both are pretty comfy, decently pay and don't have the insane IB hours.
>>
20. Going to school to be an electrician. Gonna see if I can get back into acting on the side.
>>
22 (23 soon)

about to graduate with a 2:2 in German and Italian

I'm gonna blow my savings on a random holiday or some shit then drown myself

I've wasted my life no way I get a career
>>
>>61398564
stream, plos.
>>
>>61399093
>wasted life at 22
>>
23, graduated from uk uni two weeks ago with high first class degree, moving to korea tomorrow to work as a software engineer, getting paid tons to do exciting work
life's good
>>
International relations.
>>
File: 1418355633331.jpg (19 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1418355633331.jpg
19 KB, 250x250
>>61397177
>age 24
>just anything really
>>
>>61399184

well im not gonna earn any money or get a decent career so yeah i think it's pretty wasted

i cba doing shit jobs for the rest of my life but that's all ive got left
>>
>>61397177
If my grades are good enough I wanna study anthropology
>>
File: 1463393307251.jpg (113 KB, 864x960) Image search: [Google]
1463393307251.jpg
113 KB, 864x960
I don't have one, I just don't care anymore.
>>
File: 1384203905665.jpg (11 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1384203905665.jpg
11 KB, 200x200
>>61397177
I lay in bed thinking about becoming a carpenter or a security guard, but I'll probably never have a career. I think I'll just flit from one low paid job to another for the rest of my life.
>>
>>61397891
shit sucks m8
>>

I wanted to be a Psychiatrist, but said fuck that. Now I'm just gonna enlist in the Marine Corps and see where that takes me.
>>

i want to study psychology, Im intrigued by human mind and dreams. Would like to study abroad, will try Denmark probably
>>
>>61400344
Do you have good grades? Psychology is one of the educations here where you need really good grades. At least when you study it in Danish, idk if there's also an english education of psychology
>>
>>61397177
>Registered Nurse
Are you a girl or a faggot?
>>
>>61400505
I would only go to English classes, if i got accepted i would learn Danish on the side.

Im also unsure how do they compare grades between different countries, im in electirican (idk how to say it properly in english) highschool so pretty much all subjects except English are irrelevant
>>
>>61400713
cool. idk either. why Denmark if i may ask? :i
>>
>>61400690
Rude Manuel. This is not how you talk to others.
>>
File: y32.jpg (3 MB, 3500x2334) Image search: [Google]
y32.jpg
3 MB, 3500x2334
merchant navy
>>
eh, graduated last month with a degree and a half worth of credits.

took biology, psychology, history, etc. deciding on grad school or something random, making choices is a goddamn bitch.

>>61400344
go neuroscience and psychology, something with a biological base to it.

psychology as a field is fucking useless not real science, etc.

>>61397891
Is this amyloid lateral sclerosis?

there's some pretty radical ideas on how to treat it a t m with gene therapy/new drugs, there might be hope a few years down the line. i read a paper not too long ago about a drug that slowed down disease progression.

see if you can get her on experimental/clinical trials.
>>
>>61397891
Pics of your sister!!!!!
>>

I'm currently doing Chinese and Business. I'm not sure what I'll do with it.

If my life isn't going anywhere when I'm 40, I'll kill myself after "going missing" for a few years
>>
>>61400927
Psychology is useful in Denmark. In some countries it's a useless degree because there are so many who takes it but in Denmark not many graduate psychology because you need really good grades to study it. Also apparently mental problems are on the rise. therapists also make tons of money here but sadly if you're a man you'll, averagely, earn less than the women
>>
>>61400690
A man who wants to make a shit load of money without starting in front of a computer all day kiddo
>>
File: laugh-002.jpg (487 KB, 2500x1735) Image search: [Google]
laugh-002.jpg
487 KB, 2500x1735
>>61401087
>Nurse
>make a shit load of money
>>
>>61400783
some danish anon posted thread here about how Denmark actually supports foreign students and it is cool country, idk im not even decided its still 1,5 years away, probably gonna just say fuck it and study here but i would like to go to other country
>>
>>61401054
Do heroin first.
I've heard heroin is great and I plan to do it if I ever kill myself.
>>
Gonna work a part time job and live with my parents for a year then join thr police academy as soon as I'm old enough to (19 currently)
>>
should i do anthropology if I have the chance?
>>
>>61401164
not him, in the right US city you can make up to 3-40$ an hour before overtime.
>>
File: 1426196775431.jpg (44 KB, 525x461) Image search: [Google]
1426196775431.jpg
44 KB, 525x461

Working full-time at a school in Chicago as a TA.. Transitioning to a full-time teacher by next year (hopefully) once I complete my Master's which the school is paying for. Plan on teaching history for a bit then maybe getting my PhD in history or education to teach at the college level. Pray for me brahs, I hope I make it.
>>
>>61401226
definitely if it interests you
>>
>>61397424
police officer? my friend got a BA in Criminal Justice and has been trying to become a cop now for 2 years so good luck buddy
>>
>>61397891
Do you masturbate your sister?
With ALS i bet she can't masturbate, are you a good brother that take care of her sexual needs?
>>
>>61397177
im 25 and studying comp sci and i also want to use my money to invest in other things dont want to be a wage cuck ( albeit a highly paid wage cuck) all my life.
>>
>>61401164
in America, specifically my state of Oregon you can buckaroo. $80-100k+

According to glassdoor.com

>Kaiser Permanente Nurse Manager: $138,000
>>
File: 546365436543.png (109 KB, 274x231) Image search: [Google]
546365436543.png
109 KB, 274x231
>>61400970
>>61401325
wtf man, she can't even talk.
>>
>>61401304
nope, Chemical engineering, going for EOD. (explosives was my main research field)
>>
>>61397177
Eternal NEET
tfw parents are doctor
>>
>>61401527
But can she moan?
>>
21, studying math and preparing for unemployment (I'm not studying financial math, stats or probability so it's not looking great)
>>
age 25

working for the biggest logistics company in europe, make good money and have good promotion prospects.
>>
>>61397177
>registered nurse
If you want to make any money, you better work nights and weekends. You can make an extra 20k a year doing that.

My mom is a Nurse Manager right now for two ICU's at a level 1 trauma center. She has no life. She wakes up at 530 in the morning and comes home normally around 6 or 7 at night. She is in bed by 830.

It is a tough path anon.
>>

NEET here
I just failed in life
thinking about joinning the foreign legion to fix my life
>>
I had a dream once, I can't remember what it was. It was so long ago.

I think my career path is leading to suicide. I'll stream if I ever decide to do it.
>>
>>61397766
>tfw teaching is a /comfy/ tier job in Germany
>tfw STEMlords used to laugh at me for studying genuinely fun degrees
>>
>>61401236
You're working as a TA at a school in Chicago. Of fucking course they're paying for your Masters. When's the next teachers strike or are you working at a college?

>>61397177
Age 24, 25 in a month. I'm in my last year of didactic courses for my pharmD. I'll have my doctorate next May.
Short term, I want a job.
Long term, I want to revolutionize how we develop antibiotics that is sustainable and adaptable to antibiotic resistance.
>>
>>61397766
I studied English Lit at university too. It was a mistake, but what's done is done.
>>
File: tygtigern.jpg (9 KB, 208x160) Image search: [Google]
tygtigern.jpg
9 KB, 208x160
>>61397177

I go to my dayjob. I toil my evenings with my hobbies, make fishing flies, lures, reinvent gunpowder and the likes.

I dont quite much care about my career, but I care about the investments I have made to my cousins business's, which have gone belly up, each and every one of them.
I have given them false hope, and made them stake their inheritance shares to me as repayment for just this unfortunate possibility.

My father has loaned money to my aunts and uncles.
Basically we're both rubbing our hands together and waiting for them to default out. And I rub my hands together waiting for my father to just retire as we have won, and become the head of the family around age 30.
Quite much the only reason I dont hold the deeds already is that my aunts hold their consent out of spite, but I have made it clear, I will outlive them, unlike some of their sons and their habbits with alcohol and swimming.

I can make substantial income by chopping that evergreen down, replanting it and making cabins to rent out for southerners by using the wood.
>>
>>61397177
Above 35. 3 kids. Was a lecturer with MSc. Pursuing a PhD in the Biomedical Sciences. Afterwards going to try to become a full time Researcher at one of the many government research institutes or become a uni lecturer again.
>>
>>61401959
I'm lucky, I'm in a private school where the kids are not shitty. 95% of my students go to college so they are definitely there to learn and not chimp out.
>>
planning on moving to a small town and saving the white race
>>
>>61402105
Hey, biomedical research fucker.

Look into that plant that's native to SE Asia that has opiod-antagonist properties but works on another pathway as our traditional opiates and opioids. The studies I've read on it suggest that it could have all the benefits of current opioids without the risk of abuse, the constipation, or the risk of respiratory depression.

You'd win a Nobel prize in both medicine and peace for solving the opioid epidemic.

>>61402232
>private school where the kids aren't shitty
catholic or public school?
>>
>>61401790
OP here

My dad was the same way before he retired though. He grossed 100k from doing HVAC installations. Would leave early and come home around 6-7. Not ALL the time, but a bit of it.

That's work bro. If there's was an easier way your mom or my dad would have done it
>>
>>61397177
I have none, but I'm going to school in Poland soon and I'm trying to get back into 3d modeling on the side
>>
>>61397177
I'm 24, currently in med school. I'm not sure yet of what specialization to choose, but I'm pending towards orthopaedics right now.
My end goal is to have a practice of my own. Or perhaps take over my dad-in-law to be's, tho that would have many complications too.
>>

Unemployed
Trying to get in working on film sets in between my existential crisis's
>>
>>61402272
Public school that was taken over by a network of private/charter schools. My school has zero tolerance for any sort of bs thank god.
>>
>>61402324
I'm 26 and I didn't figure out what I wanted to do until this year lol.

Getting a good girlfriend helps a lot, along with sativa weed
>>
>>61402105
>>61402272
Kratom.

Seriously, look into Kratom.

>>61402300
My brothers and I constantly tell her to go to another hospital because they underpay the shit out of her too. A tip? Always, always, always document your communications with your workers. Especially the black females. My mom has had at least 3 lawsuits by black women whom my mom fired for gross negligence but they argued that she fired them because they were black. Cover your ass at all times, but never forget that you're there to help the patients.

>>61402375
Nice. Sounds like a good gig. How's the neighborhood? I'm not trying to dox you or anything, but I know taht some of those neighborhoods can be hit or miss (literally).

>>61402310
How long is med school over there?
>>
>>61397177
I'm a 25yo uni dropout.
Right now I'm a shop assistant at a local supermarket chain, pays enough for me to live off of.
I'm ok with what I am now, and I don't really have any career ambitions, but I wouldn't mind moving into the supermarket offices rather than stay in the aisles.
>>
>>61402463
It's a great job, lots of perks and shit! Get a free gym pass and reduced divvys but fuck those things haha (they are public use bikes). And you're absolutely right, a lot of our sister schools are in not so great areas. However, gentrification and red-lining has done a good job of upping the land/home values, further pushing the ghetto more west.. Good for the city, bad for the broke af people.
>>
>>61402463
>How long is med school over there?
6 years of med school, starting right after high school. After that you're technically a full doctor, but without specialization you're going nowhere. That's a further 3 to 6 years (depending on specializations, most are 5 years) of work/study comparable to your insternship/residency period.
All in all, an average total of 11 years, same as your 4 years of college, 4 of med school and 3 of residency.
>>
>>61402671
They're pushing for the same thing for pharmacy too. It's 2-4 of undergrad depending on the school, 3-4 of classes (3 years are accelerated programs), and if you want to do anything that isn't working at a retail store, you do 1-2 years of residency work, 2 years if you want to specialize.
>>
>>61402408
Comforting to hear. Although I do have an idea of what I want to do, in the mean time I need a job asap so I can stay alive
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.