[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you advise an American learning your language to get really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: world language.png (338 KB, 1240x827) Image search: [Google]
world language.png
338 KB, 1240x827
Would you advise an American learning your language to get really good with the pronunciation and try his best to sound like a native, or to embrace his own American accent?

Is an American accent seen as nice or attractive, or is the fact that someone is putting in the effort to speak your language their best more appreciated?
>>
american accent ? you mean like, relaxing your mouth to speak? it sounds kinda wierd with other languages but it can be understood
i think pronunciation is not that important but if you want be easier to understand get rid of your native accent
>>
>>61343677
>american accent ? you mean like, relaxing your mouth to speak?
So Americans speaking Spanish just sound really relaxed?
>>
Perfect pronunciation is more impressive obviously. An american accent might be cute I guess, but it sounds pretty dumb.
>>
he is NOT a native speaker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZagvXXGdNSo
>>
File: 1450669481201.jpg (41 KB, 437x501) Image search: [Google]
1450669481201.jpg
41 KB, 437x501
>>61344151
>it sounds pretty dumb
>>
>>61344296
Does this sound good to Russian ears?
>>
>>61344151
Swedish accent in English sounds dumb too
>>
>>61343758
it sounds a bit like you are not trying to pronounce the consonants
south american spanish is also relaxed but not as much
some south american people do sound like north americans that know spanish really well
>>
>>61344383
not on girls thens its qt
>>
>>61343554
We will secretly talk shit about you unless you speak proper German, also whereas you'd get a "wow you speak x so well" in other countries here you will get a "not bad" instead
that being said learn proper grammar first, I can stand accents, but when it's accents mixed with shit grammar it just sounds like gibberish
>>
Thick accent is the sign of a lazy person
>>
English is known worldwide
you might get words of encouragement or surprise from knowing a few words from other languages, but you dont know shit compared to what we know about english
>>
>>61344593
m8 I have been to spain please don't pretend that your country is english proficient even among young people
>>
American accent? I would suggest to get the pronounciation good because the tendency of Americans to put th sounds in our clear T sound, "A"pple A in our "A"lpha A sounds, confusion between é and e sounds, not rolling R and gurgling R sounds and tendency to hard sound the K, although the real K sound is much lighter, as in "c"lock C.
>>
>>61344681
i meant in the internet, sorry
its true, most people aren't that good with it
the educational system switched from french to english as the main external language to study very late in the 20 century
>>
>>61344383
Not as dumb as american accent in Swedish
>>
>>61343554
Perfect pronunciation is seen as attractive
>>
>>61344452
>it sounds a bit like you are not trying to pronounce the consonants
Is that just due to fact that Americans tend to neglect the final consonant of a word? I.e., pronouncing "bow" and "boat" the same.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.