[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the most beautiful language? Pic unrelated.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2
What is the most beautiful language?

Pic unrelated.
>>
the one your mum involuntarily speaks when I'm in her
>>
>>61319440
Russian
>>
how the fuck would anyone ever know? nobody can speak them all, and even then it's highly subjective.
>>
>>61319459
Québécois detected.
>>
>>61319440

Italian by far.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SgbdTeIYV5Y
>>
>>61319494

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b06_ffOYE4U
>>
I've always loved German, I think it gets a bad reputation. It's logical and quite fluid.

Aside from that I'd say maybe Norwegian or perhaps Polish.
>>
>>61319630
>logical
When will these meme end? Languages like Norwegian or Swedish have far more logical grammar than German. Compared to most Northern European languages, German grammar is very nonsensical and in no way 'logical'. Hell, Italian grammar is far more logical by comparison.
>>
>>61319707
Can you give example?
>>
>>61319482
Speaking a language actually makes you worse at judging its beauty, because you now understand it and are not good at judging it purely based on sound. It would be like asking you how beautiful English is, how would you know?

>>61319732
German grammar is rife with strong verbs, which are verbs that indicate their tenses through vowel change. Their formation of plurals is also highly irregular, to the point where you must just memorie the plural form with the noun. This also goes for gender, because you have to learn it with the noun. Italian almost always reveals the gender of the noun based on the final sound of the word, and the rules for forming the plural are quite regular.

German word order can also be a bit strange, though whether this part specifically is illogical is up to your native language.
>>
French
Italian
Iranian
>>
>>61319459
kek'd
>>
Russian
>>
>>61319806
memorise*

Also, here are some examples of plurals.

Mädchen - Mädchen
Hund - Hunde
Hause - Häuse
Kind - Kinder
Mann - Männer
Frau - Frauen
Prinz - Prinzen
Drache - Drachen
Onkel - Onkel
Lehrer - Lehrer
Vater - Väter
Heft - Hefte
Sohn - Söhne
Gott - Götter
Licht - Lichter

You can look up more things for yourself (verbs, nouns, adjectives, etc), but in the end you will realise that German grammar is very irregular and 'illogical'. Now, German is still a beautiful language, and I definitely enjoy it, but this whole 'logical' thing is a meme, and people who have studied German as well as various other languages would likely never call German a 'logical' language.
>>
>>61319812
French sounds like someone hocking spit

Disgusting language
>>
cannot go wrong with latin. is useless most of the time but sounds smart as hell
>>
>>61320123
Ecclesiastical or Classical pronunciation?
>>
Icelandic or Brazilian Portuguese
>>
>>61320144
i've got no fucking clue
probably classical
>>
>>61320162
Would you pronounce the C in Acinus as an S or as a K?
>>
>>61319440
I like Italian, and French can sound nice depending on who is doing the speaking.
>>
Definitely Hungarian
>>
>>61320204
pronounce it as a K
but i do not know latin
>>
File: 1436110988226.png (52 KB, 221x208) Image search: [Google]
1436110988226.png
52 KB, 221x208
r8 how Venetian sounds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gyKLNQH44I
>>
Beautiful language is a meme, depends on the speaker.

Case closed.
>>
>>61320249
Okay, good. That is Classical, which is how the Romans actually pronounced it. Ecclesiastical is just modern Italian pronunciation used with Latin, which is used by the Roman Catholic Church.

>>61320253
Sounds great, friend, like everything on that peninsula :)
>>
>>61320253
i do not like it as much as i like the italian i have heard. but it is good language, i like it more than say german or dutch, fucking dutch
>>
>>61319440
French
Russian
Italian
>>
>>61320253
Sounds likes spanish a lot. I understand so of it.
>>
>>61320271
would romans pronounce caesar as see sar or kie sar?
and thank you anon, today i learned
>>
>>61320300
Kae-sar

With the 'ae' being pronounced like 'eye.'

No problem.
>>
>>61320287
Italians sound more singy-songy than us desu.
>>
>>61320343
Isnt italian really like german where each regional accent can really be its own langauge.
>>
>>61320334
thanks again
>>61320343
i rather like how it sounds, like every sentence is a fucking opera xaxa
>>
>>61320365
Yes. However, regional dialects are being slowly washed away and becoming more and more just accents of Standard Italian with a few lexical differences. This is by no means isolated though, this is happening to most European languages.
>>
>>61320253
I can't really tell the difference between it and Italian tbqh, but I can pick up ~1/4 words and the gist of what he's talking about like I can in any other latin language.
>>
>>61319440

Arabic, the language of Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala
>>
italian
>>
I like Asian languages more than European ones. Maybe it's because they're more exotic.
I think Japanese is really interesting. It's so sharp, and kind of cute almost. Korean is also pretty gud.
Chinese, though, just makes everything sound like the person is angry.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.