[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
All memes aside, how likely is this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: vV9mZQD.png (170 KB, 870x1074) Image search: [Google]
vV9mZQD.png
170 KB, 870x1074
All memes aside, how likely is this?
>>
>>61278367
(not very though)
>>
20%
>>
if Scotland and United Ireland would be seperate countries, then very likely.
>>
File: file.png (93 KB, 2000x1200) Image search: [Google]
file.png
93 KB, 2000x1200
bad flag
>>
Scotland will have a confirmed 2nd independence referendum soon, and they are practically guaranteed to leave

Northern Ireland has no chance of joining Ireland

There will be negotiations to allow Scotland into the UK as they were held against their will
>>
>>61278367
A union of Ireland and Scotland would never ever happen.
>>
Great Britain and the United Kingdom are history now.
It's just England and Wales.
Haha.
>>
>>61278478
>>61278492
i wish you guys could reunify with norn iron

but in practicality it doesnt look likey
we'll probably just hammer out a way of keeping the status quo with you guys
>>
>>61278544
We will someday. When all the inbred unionists die off.
>>
What the fuck will Unionists do if Scotland leaves the UK? Unionists define themselves as British, but ethnically, religiously and historically most see themselves as Scots. They don't really have any connection with England as an entity - only the queen, and she is equally queen of Scotland.

I could see NI uniting with Scotland long before I could see a United Ireland.
>>
>>61278632
They'll never have a choice of uniting with Scotland, the Scottish people simply wouldn't have them. If the UK does break up then I can imagine Westminster nudging them to fuck off. If they ever get their welfare pulled they will have absolutely no choice but to join the republic. Then again they could just be retarded and choose to be an Africa-tier failed state.
>>
I somehow doubt Ireland would unite with another country
>>
>>61278544
>>61278476
>>61278632
But if Scotland and Ireland are the same country anyway why would they care? Unionists feel connected with Scotland more than England or Wales. This is the best solution for everyone.

Majority of the population of Northern Ireland wants in the EU, they're just as dependent on EU money as they are on a weaker England.
>>
>>61279187
Sorry but Scottish people are simply not Gaelic enough to unify with.
>>
Unlikely. A 2nd Scottish referendum isn't actually all that likely in the short term because of how shit the oil and gas prices are (though still possible).

A united Ireland is a joke.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.