[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Nigel Farage has admitted that it was a "mistake&qu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28
File: 1401127987457.jpg (43 KB, 780x520) Image search: [Google]
1401127987457.jpg
43 KB, 780x520
>Nigel Farage has admitted that it was a "mistake" to promise that £350million a week would be spent on the NHS if the UK backed a Brexit vote.

>Speaking just an hour after the Leave vote was confirmed the Ukip leader said the money could not be guaranteed and claimed he would never have made the promise in the first place.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/24/nigel-farage-350-million-pledge-to-fund-the-nhs-was-a-mistake/
>>
That fucking settles it, I am now on the #RemainTrain
>>
ahahahahahaaa
>>
Looks like Britain suffers from the Brexit the most. I wonder how future historians will see this: the day Britain bravely broke away from oppression, or as a textbook example of the flaws of democracy?
>>
getting a little tired of this Brexit shit, boys. Can we just go back to shitposting about the usual stuff?
>>
>>61275157
I think the latter will prove more correct.
>>
>>61275285
Wait till Trump becomes president, this site will be wrecked for months
>>
>>61275157
The 24th of June shall be remembered forever as the day the british betrayed their european brothers by chickening out the union, giving in to ignorance and populism.
>>
>>61275477
>an Italian talks about chickening out
:D
>>
>>61274822

He never made that claim though.

He's literally done nothing wrong in this instance.
>>
>>61277228
>He never made that claim though.
But he did.
>>
File: 1366130653990.jpg (23 KB, 449x500) Image search: [Google]
1366130653990.jpg
23 KB, 449x500
>>61277228
What i really,really like about your government is that you actually fucking allow and emrbace democracy.

You would allow scottland to leave and ireland to unite if they voted accordingly.

Our politicians seem to think and certainly act like they have to guide and educate the stupid masses.

I guess that is the difference, you being one of the longest standing sorta democracies.

Also our party sytem is cancer, your politicians at leats have to take personal responsibility.

Here they hide inside the faceless party blocks.

Your district system is fucked though, i like that this means you have one strong government party but it could mean that the majority of voters gets discounted in elections.
>>
>>61277277

He didn't, the Official Leave campaign did. The official Leave campaign hates farage.
>>
>>61277432
>The official leave campaign
Tsk tsk tsk.
>>
>>61277432
Why?
>>
>>61277474

Who openly disliked Nige.

Nige was affiliated with the UNOFFICIAL leave campaign.

Feel free to prove me wrong, I've only corrected 20 lefties since that story came out.

>>61277486

They said he did more harm than good for Brexit.
>>
>>61277533
>the UNOFFICIAL leave campaign.
>lefties
Yeah okay kiddo. I'm gonna stop taking you seriously now, sorry about that. But I'll give you a 3/10 for effort.
>>
>>61277363
>What i really,really like about your government is that you actually fucking allow and emrbace democracy.
You're speaking prematurely. But devolution of powers is/was certainly a good thing and will be what allows some of what you say to happen (if it happens).

Part of stepping down by Cameron will be to postpone talks on Ireland and Scotland in the hope they tire themselves out and don't leave.
>>
File: 1462482945179.webm (2 MB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1462482945179.webm
2 MB, 720x480
>>61277568

NOT
>>
>>61277363
>>61277228
Fully agree. Indeed I think Cameron did it perfectly, He was a fair president. A true democrat, another thing to be taken care of appart is if democracy is actually good or not.
>>
File: 00mosley2.jpg (23 KB, 490x313) Image search: [Google]
00mosley2.jpg
23 KB, 490x313
>>61277633

>if democracy is actually good or not
>>
>>61277633
>president
He was a prime minister. And the only reason he held the referendum was to get back votes from people who were moving to supporting UKIP, which has ironically cost him his role as PM. The guy is an idiot.
>>
>>61277633

Speak for yourself KEK. I have two degrees and a 142 IQ. Is also knock your fucking head off if you spoke to me like that. The only "dumb as dog shit" person here is you... You fucking KEK. I'd suggest watching Trumps speech about Hillary from The other day. We both know you won't, and I'd be a large portion of my salary that you've never watched one of his speeches. You get all your news from what? CNN? MSNBC? Tyt? Huff post? Tumblr? You're a little shit, with a shit brain and zero clue what's going on. Get fucked.
>>
>>61277721
Stop the weapons grade memeing please, britt-friend.
>>
>>61277681
It didn't "cost him his role," he made a willing decision to resign.
>>
>>61277721
mate you tagged the wrong person
>>
>>61277664
Don't missunderstand me, please. I'm not saying my opinion, just clarifying that some people mix both debates.
In my country the center-left candidate said about the brexit something like: this is what happens when you let citizens vote for the work politicians must do. A completely fucktard in my opinion.
That, for me, is fascism, and he's supposed to be a left candidate rofl.
>>
File: the fresh prince.png (87 KB, 292x333) Image search: [Google]
the fresh prince.png
87 KB, 292x333
>>61277787
Yeah, because he could have just stayed on after the biggest loss of his time as PM and that would have had no major effect on the rest of his career would it?
>>
>>61277568
>Yeah okay kiddo. I'm gonna stop taking you seriously now, sorry about that. But I'll give you a 3/10 for effort.
seems italy loses arguments worse than they lose wars tbqh
>>
File: 1413316600096.png (111 KB, 247x248) Image search: [Google]
1413316600096.png
111 KB, 247x248
>pound sinks
>leave wins because of old jeezers that will die in a few years
>aforementioned grandpas actually said they voted to leave because they thought their vote wouldn't matter, so they were basically trolling themselves
>major "leave" supporter admits he lied

Where were you when the UK was proclaimed most retarded country in Europe?

>>61277721
is this pasta? because it definitely sounds like
>>
>>61277977
I was woken up by my girlfriend calling me. She said

THEY ACTUALLY DID IT THE ABSOLUTE INSELAFFEN
>>
>>61277568
>taking people on 4chan seriously
>>
>>61278208
SIE HABEN ES GETAN
>>
>>61275157
first step towards ww3. nation states rising again.
>>
>>61275477
>italian talkin about cowards

Mate fuck off
>>
When did Europeans become so stupid? We haven't left the EU it has to go to parliament now who can block it, you all think from 1 day of trading the future is predictable buy guess what if economists were usually right then we'd all be living in fucking mansions.

Tl;dr UK might stay in the EU or could still end up better off if we leave
>>
>>61279026
You can't decide to disregard a referendum and just stay

You are out

UK's European Commissioner just stepped down
>>
>>61275157
Actually European financial markets fared worse yesterday than the British markets.

I think world investors opinion of the eu project is similar to the British populace.

I think this will historically be seen as the moment the eu projects failure was cemented. To unite Europe we need a different approach, the EU is terrible.
>>
>>61279026
And holding the whole Continent hostage wouldn't be good even for Britain

You'd suffer tremendously from uncertainty
>>
>>61275402
And Boris Johnson will be our PM.

Imagine the two of them on a world tour...
>>
>>61279128

Yes they can, Scotland had a devolution referendum in 1979 with pretty much the same percentage for 'yes' but parliament ignored that. Everybody on here is talking about things they know nothing about, it's not legally binding and the government won't rush into it, everybody is butthurt at the moment but until anything official is announced its just bullshit
>>
File: image.png (565 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
565 KB, 640x1136
>>61279235
You won't have a time until October.

This isn't just about your own country. It concerns the whole EU.
>>
>>61277363
Ironically our fptp 'district' voting system is designed to secure accountability in our politicians. I still don't like it but it's not completely without merit.
>>
>>61279282

They can urge all they want but as I stated the government has not declared anything officially yet, as far as the EU is concerned this is an internal matter with nothing to do with you and they can hold it off as long as they want
>>
>>61279344
Invoking Article 50 will only lead to divorce from the EU

Free trade agreement will be negotiated separately and you can't expect favourable terms if your government chooses to stall and unnecessarily prolong the suffering

You voted out, so kindly fuck off now
>>
>>61277363
>implying

the masses of uneducated idiots already have a huge effect in germany.
we fucking banned all of our nuclear power plants because people know nothing about risk management.
>>
>>61279282
>>61279344
>>61279462
too lazy too seek out the source but the transition period is supposed to be 2 years isnt it?
>>
File: hYMIItH.png (142 KB, 511x564) Image search: [Google]
hYMIItH.png
142 KB, 511x564
>Brits are starting to regret their irrevocable decision
Reminds me of the time when I decided to change my degree from history to law. I could go back anytime I want though.
>>
i'm a remainer but he didn't make that claim? a bunch of people not even affiliated with him did?
>>
>>61279541
Yes, after invoking Article 50

Yesterday, Boris Johnson said there will be no rush to do so

European leaders disagree

This is going to be very hostile and ugly
>>
>>61276897
>>61278863
Your bantz don't change the fact that we are still in EU, and they don't
>>
File: 1323954328001.jpg (34 KB, 573x467) Image search: [Google]
1323954328001.jpg
34 KB, 573x467
>>61277228
Is that why his face and the money claim were printed and glued to the busses all over the country?
>>
>>61279462

Yeah but we haven't invoked it, how is that so hard to understand? We are still EU members and can delay as much as we like, since the PM is standing down he doesn't give a fuck about threats from France, all I'm saying is until it's official you're just spouting bollocks m8, might change next week so just wait
>>
>>61279568
I remember you. You're the animeposting retard that predicted Jeb Bush would get the nomination instead of Donald Trump because muh donors.
>>
>>61279568
The only people regretting are those who voted remain.

They've even started a petition to re-do the referendum, it has a million+ signings. That's how mad some people are.

>>61279579
The official campaign did, the words were something like "We send 350 million to the EU - Let's give it to the NHS instead".

They should've worded it better.
>>
>>61279282
>come under strong pressure
I.e. We can't do anything about it but we'll ask real nicely if he'd like to do us a favor after we did nothing to make meaningful change to the eu in response to the democratic will of a growing number of anti eu Europeans.

It's up to the British government to decide the timing of article 50. The British government won't do a thing until a new pm is elected because even if cameron wanted to, he doesn't command a majority in parliament on any issue regarding Europe.

As usual, eu leaders have no idea how democracy works.
>>
File: image.jpg (145 KB, 640x998) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
145 KB, 640x998
>>61279660
European Union was going to make you suffer anyway to discourage France from leaving, which would lead to break up of the EU

It looks like it's going to be even worse than I thought
>>
>>61279737
They can't force us out though. Just another day of the EU trying to get more power or abuse it.
>>
File: ayy.gif (1 MB, 500x451) Image search: [Google]
ayy.gif
1 MB, 500x451
>>61279684
>The only people regretting are those who voted remain.
Do you realize how little sense you're making? Of course you don't, you voted Brexit.
>>61279682
Sorry, you probably confused me with some other fag. I hate people who post here that are from my own country because they don't know how to behave.
>>
>>61277363
>Our politicians seem to think and certainly act like they have to guide and educate the stupid masses.
I think that's the problem a lot of people have with the EU. It's not a democracy, it's a benevolent tyranny in disguise.
>>
>>61279737

Idle threats that will hurt the EU just as much as the UK and could backfire on the EU badly especially if the UK economy booms outside even after bullying, the point is you don't know the mood in the UK and if they rush the leave then there will be riots from butthurt remain voters
>>
>>61279809
Oh sorry my mistake.
>>
>>61279462
Cameron no longer commands a majority party in parliament on any European issue. As a resigning pm, the party is now focusing on a leadership contest and will not do anything on Europe until October at the earliest. We voted out because the eu didn't listen, hilarious that NOW they're talking about reform. I happy this is hurting the eu.
>>
>>61277977
>>major "leave" supporter admits he lied
That's not true though. He never made the claim himself, and when on a panel with another Leave campaigner, he actually pointed out that she was wrong to quote that figure.

This isn't some massive backtracking, his story has been completely consistent throughout. It's other people who got their numbers wrong.
>>
File: UK_and_Azusa.jpg (337 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
UK_and_Azusa.jpg
337 KB, 1920x1080
>>61279797
>Please stay, we need you
>They can't force us out though. Just another day of the EU trying to get more power or abuse it.

>Then please get the fuck out
>They can't force us out though. Just another day of the EU trying to get more power or abuse it.
>>
>>61279729
>>61279797
You think you can hold us all for ransom? After UK starts enacting legislation that will disentangle it from the EU, this could be taken as invocation of article 50.

This is so disgusting and immature.
>>
>>61279606
Boris probably thought Remain would win by a small margin and he could just use his exposure from his participation in the Leave campaign to catapult himself into 10 Downing Street.
>>
>>61275157

It will be seen as first in a series events that lead to the radicalisation, splitting and eventual downfall of the western society.
Next up is Trump.
War is coming.

Thank you Baby Boomers. Thank you for nothing.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnmauldin/2016/06/24/millennials-are-doomed-to-face-an-existential-crisis-that-will-define-the-rest-of-their-lives/#7dd1dce849fc
>>
>>61279923
Damn krauts and their 4th Reich
>>
>>61279737
If the EU is willing to punish us just for threatening their power, that's a pretty good demonstration of how shit a system is. If it truly is a benevolent system for the good of everyone, they wouldn't bother attempting to fuck over countries, they'd just try to do what's best for everyone.
>>
>>61280033
Trump is on a downslope though.
>>
File: Azusa_offers_her_help.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Azusa_offers_her_help.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>61279841
Don't worry.
I did post this on /sp/ the other day though.
>>>/sp/68790720
>>
if EU was destroyed, germans are take on responsibility?
or Is all responsibility shift on Merkel like hitler?
>>
>>61279606
Ed leaders can bark all they want, they clearly don't understand how democracy works, we can't just decide to invoke article 50 without parliament. Right now, there is no power in the governing party on any du issue since their fragile majority is nullified by the Tory eurosceptics.

I wish the eu leaders would talk about all the great things they plan do to improve the democratic accountability of the eu and put sensible limits on free movement of people in a positive message to encourage eu nations not to consider britains choice. Instead they're just trying to scare other eu nations from leaving with bullying tactics i.e. eu procedure for the last 20 years.
>>
>>61279923
UK, the geopolitical tsundere of the world.
>>
>>61279950
>After UK starts enacting legislation that will disentangle it from the EU, this could be taken as invocation of article 50.
Not right now it wouldn't. If you kicked people out for breaking the rules of the EU you'd have no one left.

I don't understand why you've got your knickers in a twist though. The dates already been set (roughly) for a new Conservative leader and then we'll go through with it. There's no hostage taking involved at all.

I mean what are we doing to negatively affect your country?

>>61279982
Boris didn't need any more exposure.
>>
>>61279737
>THERE WILL BE CONSEQUENCES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSt1ptsOjL0
>>
>>61280056
How is that a punishment? You wanted out, so get the fuck out

This is only prolonging uncertainty and that is hurting both the EU and UK
>>
https://twitter.com/BBCNewsnight/status/746466834610692096
>>
>>61279950

Cry more faggot, is it not clear by now that we do what the fuck we want? It's funny how everybody keeps going on about our financial institutions moving to frankfurt but that just won't happen, you're hoping well turn into some shit hole and be left in the dust by Europe but I'm sorry there's no chance
>>
>>61280124

It seems to be hurting the EU more, we can weather it, guess you should've just stopped being such a shitty politically corrupt union and maintained an economic union as it was always supposed to be, you didn't fucking listen and now you are getting btfo for it
>>
>>61280060

Yes and the day before yesterday everybody said Brexit was in the minority.

But with populism it's like alcohol. Just in a single night you're in a rush, are hyped amd turned up and the next morning you wake up with a hangover and regret everything you've done.
>>
>>61279950
Haha no you can't infer that article 50 is enacted, it is either enacted by a national parliament or it isn't. Of course eu leaders want this to happen as quickly as possible, unfortunately they are going to have to wait until our governing party can govern on European issues which it can't right now. I know democracy is a foreign concept to these people and just getting what they want all the time is what they're used to but it's out of their hands now. Oh and they could have prevented this.
>>
>>61280056
Sorry it can't be as peaceful as Irish independence, m8.
>>
>>61280033
Good. Let the millennials get fucked and we shall clap our hands. This is what they deserve

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0diJNybk0Mw
>>
>>61280139

Nobody is hoping that. It will simply happen because of the rules of economics. There is no other way this can turn out. I'm sorry.
>>
>>61280134
This is the funniest part about all this, constant attacks by the BBC and nitpicking.

Of course there won't be 0 immigration, but letting in 50,000 skilled workers in a currently high demand area is better than 50,000 random people. That's how it works everywhere else so I'm not sure why he's getting heckled.

It's like they keep going on about guarantees. Nobody can guarantee anything because they don't have the power, but this is seen as some sort of win by the other side.
>>
>>61280233
>Just in a single night you're in a rush, are hyped amd turned up and the next morning you wake up with a hangover and regret everything you've done
Sounds like preparing for a test the day before and fucking it up really bad.
>>
0/10 clickbait
>>
UK civil war when? :)
>>
He never said that, that was the other leave campaign he was not part of.
>>
>>61280124
We will leave, when we have a democratically elected government that is capable of doing it. We don't right now and I'm afraid you'll just have to wait. I'm sorry you find democracy frustrating.

>>61280231
This exactly
>>
>>61280293

What do you know about economics? I'm a banker and I'm saying that wont happen as much as you'd like to believe it
>>
>>61280386
The Remains and media fearmongerers don't care, they are desperate and do everything they can to lie about Brexit.
>>
Whats even more hillarious is how people say there is a real chance for a second vote.
>>
>>61280424

I'm in sales and I'm saying it is inevitable.
>>
File: 1460925483185.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1460925483185.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>>61277970
Australia c'mon you can do much better, can't you?
>>
>>61280280
Mate, you've been posting that video and vying for left-wing blood for the past 72hrs, it's getting embarrassing; get some rest.
>>
>Britain renegotiates their deals with EU
>For this they still pay money to EU
>Britain still implements EU regulations
>Rapefugees still come to UK
>Lost all their influence in EU

Bravo, britbongs
>>
>>61280507
>sales
Your opinion is now highly respected.
>>
>>61280492

Yeah those cucks are in denial, it's more likely that parliament will reject the referendum outcome due to the closeness of the result, especially if the EU offers some peanuts that the gov can pretend made it staying worthwhile
>>
>>61280544
It's weird how the rest of the world trades with the eu without this...

Why do people think the only nations that trade with the eu are Norway and Switzerland ?
>>
>>61280492
But only the Remain camp wants a second vote.
>>
>>61274822
He didnt, it was a different campaign that had nothing to do with him that said this. Youre retarded m8
>>
>>61280583
>especially if the EU offers some peanuts that the gov can pretend made it staying worthwhile

The EU just said that with the current vote all "peanuts" they already offered in December '15 are null and void.
Highly unlikely you will get a better deal now.
>>
>>61280583
What you're suggesting is basically the end of democracy in Britain

That means Parliament will go against the will of the people.
>>
>>61277633
>president

My IQ is dropping just from reading this
>>
>>61280583
Living in a dream world mate. The U.K.s special 'deal' is no off the table. We are leaving, the only question is how and when. EU leaders are acting like little children who didn't get their way and it is most amusing.
>>
>>61280687
Yea, not like they've ever done that before.
>>
>>61280507

You don't seem to understand the complexity and cost of relocating, even if it did happen it would be decades for some institutions but many here don't even deal much with the EU so its fairly irrelevant for them, and that's assuming that in a few years time we'll be doing badly enough to make it worth leaving
>>
>>61280687

They do that all the time, that's why people voted leave as it was largely a message to our own government who have been refusing to offer this ref for years
>>
>>61280617

The thing is the EU has a real interest in not trading with the UK because they want the UK to fail to not risk other countries copying UK.

Your only leverage is the ecobomical benefit you can give the EU but on the other hand if you're too successful the EU will fall apart damaging their economy.

So basically if they have to take the dip they'd rather try to bring UK down and save whatever they can. In other words: You're fucked.
>>
File: 20160614beachhiddlestonkissu97.jpg (4 MB, 1784x2152) Image search: [Google]
20160614beachhiddlestonkissu97.jpg
4 MB, 1784x2152
>>61277228
>He never made that claim though.

It was literally on all the leave busses, you daft cunt.
>>
>>61280685

Yeah of course they're saying that as they're butthurt and trying to act tough, when reality sets in for both sides I wouldn't be remotely surprised if there was some deal even if just behind closed doors
>>
>>61280732
I mean there will be an immediate outflow of back office jobs but I reckon there will be job growth in the city because the amount of consultants and project people that will be required to disentangle eu regulations from our regulations.
>>
File: 1466762267680.png (105 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1466762267680.png
105 KB, 512x512
>nothing to do with the campaign which made the promise
>not an MP, has literally 0 political power once we leave the EU
>normies on twitter and JFs don't understand
>>
>>61280583
No peanuts for you. Only way to avoid leaving now is a new vote about it or your goverment doing a full turn and offering peanuts to EU for ignoring the results.
>>
>>61277363

>is that you allow and embrace democracy

Don't speak too soon. Idiots that were told to vote for leaving the EU can be told that scotland is an aggressive country, and we need to pre-emptively strike.
>>
>>61280732
Reports indicate that the free passporting the UK enjoys will get removed as part of the exist negotiations which would kill the financial sector in the UK.
>>
>>61280844
He wasn't officially part of the Leave campaign apparently, Boris was.

He still was an avid supporter of the idea of course.

The promise was retarded but they asked the wrong person.
>>
>>61280915

We don't need to offer the EU anything unless you try to force us out which seems unlikely since its not in your interest
>>
>>61280231
How was it any more than an economic union?
The EU rules entirely on economic concerns.
>>
>>61280944

Specially paid for EU reports I take it as that makes no sense to me
>>
>>61275157
>textbook example of the flaws of democracy?

it started when women could vote senpai
>>
>>61280708
EU's leaders are tyrannical narcissists who don't care about the European people. I'm glad you voted Leave, this shit has to stop.
>>
>>61277970

Didn't you lose a war to emus once?

Leave was a mistake, only beaten by the mistakes that make up the campaign. Still can't believe that the choices for the next prime minister include idiot schemer Bojo and mentally subnormal eugenics advocate Gove.

Still hope it gets blocked, but meh, that ain't gonna happen.
>>
>>61280833
The eu now has a massive hole in their budget and will lose a net importing market. They have every reason to keep trading with us.

I truly don't understand why they don't want nations to leave at the democratic behest of their people? Secondly, accepting their un democratic, despotic demand to keep nations in the eu, by are they not sending a positive message to the eu of how they will reform and improve the accountability of the eu and drastically change. Instead they're acting like children having a strop and trying to scare other nations into staying. It's quite a telling sign of all that is wrong with the eu really.
>>
>>61281038

Like insisting we take a portion of dirty refugees?
>>
>>61279153
>this delusion

look gbp/eur and cry lad
>>
>>61280849
You won't get a better deal. The Brexit might hurt the EUs economy, but it will hurt the UKs (as long it exists) economy drasticly more. So you are in no position to negotiate bonusses.
>>
>>61280944
Mifid passporting can be done by any nation.

>reports indicate
Yeah all this is pure bluster at the moment, negotiations haven't even started yet.
>>
>>61281182

He said the markets, you got raped m8, ours has been at that level repeatedly over the last year
>>
File: 1464838515072.jpg (1 MB, 1670x2941) Image search: [Google]
1464838515072.jpg
1 MB, 1670x2941
>>61280878
>nothing to do with the campaign which made the promise
>Nigel Farage had nothing to do with the leave campaign

He stll heavily endorsed it and made numerous media appearences which influenced people.
>>
>>61281019
EU takes those votes seriously in an attempt to seem democratic. You must probably at least have to forget those deals you negotiated previously in case you stayed.
>>
>>61281038
>The EU rules entirely on economic concerns.

HAHAHAHAHA, I literally had playgrounds removed near me because they werent up to "EU standards"
>>
>>61281152
The quota system was killed by the council and has never been in effect.
Sharing the burden of the refugee crisis is in the economic interest of the most affected members.
>>
>>61281242
For Leave.EU, not Vote Leave.

He never made the claim and rightfully called it a mistake by those who did it.
>>
>>61281203

Why are you such fucking experts on no information? All in saying is might maybe possible yet you're all so confident in your bullshit, I'm waiting to see what happens before making conclusions
>>
>>61281242
Nigel did not make the promise, because Nigel dont have any political power to back it up. He had fuck all to do with it
>>
>>61281182
>confusing currency markets with national stock markets
It's not even worth trying to help you understand if you're this retarded.
>>
>>61281114
>I truly don't understand why they don't want nations to leave at the democratic behest of their people
Because the eu means profit for someone
>>
>>61281242
It's two separate campaigns you idiot. Leave EU, which was Farage's campaign and Vote Leave, which was a mix of Tories and Labour.

He didn't make the promise, had nothing to do with it in fact. Lots of people in the Vote Leave campaign were lefties.
>>
>>61281286
>Sharing the burden of the refugee crisis is in the economic interest of the most affected members.
That's quite a load of bullshit ambiguity. Theoretically speaking, you can trace virtually anything to economy.
>>
>>61281245

All the government needs to do is say due to the turnout of 72% and the small lead for remain were staying, done there will be minimal unrest
>>
>>61281230
>h-he said markets and not currency becuz that's what m-matters

Dude the fucking paper in your pocket with that old hag printed all over it is worth 7% less than two days ago compared to euro, the ship is shinking brother
>>
>>61281230
The British market is valued in pounds and the Bank of England just sunk 250b pounds to stabilize it, so don't act like this somehow doesn't affect you.
>>
>>61281286
All issues have an economic effect of some sort or another.

Also which eu treaty clause states they only act on economic issues?
>>
>>61281306

We actually listen to the newd and what experts have to say.
This is the most likely turn of events.
The EU has the bigger lever, the politicians that currently run the UK didn't even really want the Brexit and it's undeniable the negotiations are gonna be ugly and not really on friendly terms.
It's not gonna be a deal for a unity, it's gonna be a deal for a divorce where both sides are forced to regulate stuff without really having an interest to have the other side have a good deal.
This is just how it is.
>>
>>61281306
yeaaaah, sure, i am the confident one..... i just envy the guys who have their currency on the lowest rate since 1985
>>
>>61281385
How's the weather there up your own arse?
>>
>>61279026
The top six european leaders all said to go fuck yourself and give us your resignation paper ASAP so we can say goodbye, with no renegociation.

Your special snowflakism really paid off this time
>>
File: 1466200246429.png (418 KB, 676x699) Image search: [Google]
1466200246429.png
418 KB, 676x699
>>61281529
>The top six european leaders
oh my all six of them huh
>>
>>61280139
>is it not clear by now that we do what the fuck we want?

Not anymore you fucking faggot
>>
>>61279026

The guy who votes to block this referendum won't have a political career after that day. You can't just ignore something like this.

>if economists were usually right then we'd all be living in fucking mansions

Being this retarded must be a nice way of living
>>
>>61281502

Am I not right?
>>
>>61280094
>I wish the eu leaders would talk about all the great things they plan do to improve the democratic accountability of the eu and put sensible limits on free movement of people in a positive message to encourage eu nations

Oh but we're gonna do that don't worry. Except without you
>>
i used to think the average /brit/ poster was just pretending to be a retard. i thought they were just all ironically britposting.
>>
>>61277363
true democracy is a failure. There was a human being in Cleveland eating feces off the ground. I do not want him voting for my president
>>
>>61281666
He'd probably vote for Trump, so...
>>
>>61281398
And the value of European companies has sunk more than UK companies.

But yes your childish understanding of the value and merits of cross currency fluctuations tells me all I need to know about you.
>>
>>61281653
this
>>
File: 1431595541564.jpg (389 KB, 1284x980) Image search: [Google]
1431595541564.jpg
389 KB, 1284x980
>he actually thinks economists will be correct
>>
>>61281476
>I'm an expert because of the biased news instantly after everybody is butthurt

People don't always follow through on what they say and things probably won't go the way you or I expect, you might be right but it's foolish to assume you are
>>
>>61281642
I'll believe it when I see it mate.
>>
I just don't get how you can vote something huge with just a 4% majority, especially because it's irreversible.

If you wanna change the constitution you need at least a 2/3 majority. What the fuck
>>
Direct democracy is crap, we've known that since ancient Greece that's why we have representative democracy.
Sadly dodgy dave couldn't be bothered to learn why this is how things are.
Now UK pays.
>>
>>61277363
It's not UK that's great, it's Germoney that sucks. Your people were meant to live as tribesmen, not as a state.
>>
>>61280094

No need for that, all they need to do is wait for you guys get your shit fucked up and the EU will last a thousand years
>>
I seriously do not know why i am so mad right now, i am from Frankfurt so i should be kind of happy with the result
>>
>>61281896
The EU will not last 20 years.
>>
>>61281864
>what the fuck democracy sucks!!!
No matter how small, the majority wanted to leave and now they will. That is democracy
>>
>>61281882
right back at you
>>
>>61281864
Because it's direct democracy
>>
>>61281864
>a German doesn't understand democracy
Pretty much sums it up
>>
>>61281803

No of course we don't know for sure. But it's delusional to think UK will get a better deal than they have now.
We're just painting the most likely event and that is Britain gets fucked. Of course it might turn out better. Or it might turn out even much much worse.
The point is you have to be prepared and think of the possible consequences and how to deal with them
>>
>>61281726
>value of companies
>value of stock shares
>same thing for this chav

You showed me man, now I finally see lmao
>>
>>61281882
P.S. it's almost as ludicrous as an Arab state
>>
>>61281933
>The EU will not last 20 years.

We want 10 years yet of taking funds.
>>
A few days ago you would have all been pro Brexit, but now it seems that you've all fallen victim to remain propaganda, just goes to show how weak minded you all are. This is their plan, fuck shit up as much as possible until we vote the way they want us to.
>>
>>61281896
>the eu will last 1000 years
Hahahahaha, do you really believe this?
>>
>>61281994
you have a non proportional voting system and want to talk about democracy?
>>
>>61282002

But the mistake you're making is being obsessed with the deal we'll get with the EU, if we get a shitty deal that doesn't screw us, sure it'll have an impact but we'll probably look at different trading partners which could potentially work out and the EU misses out then
>>
>wanting a re-do because you didn't got what you wanted
I feel the world getting further and further away from democracy, this is getting scary, honestly
>>
>>61281940
>>61281950
>>61281994

That's not democracy, it's ochlocracy.

If 51% voted to nuke yourself, would you do it?
>>
>>61280844
>>61279648

Please do some research before commenting.
>>
>>61282058
Yeah calm the fuck down. Some markets going down due to investor's fears is not the end of the world.

Lift your head up and ask yourselves: what changed? For now, nothing at all.
>>
>>61282075
the UK will be gone by 2020 imo
>>
>>61282154
2020 is only four years away. It won't be that soon. Maybe by 2030.
>>
File: 1459635328812.jpg (126 KB, 911x615) Image search: [Google]
1459635328812.jpg
126 KB, 911x615
>>61282140
>That's not democracy, it's ochlocracy.
No, it is exactly what democracy is, the vote of the majority decides.

Honestly, it's rather pathetic to complain because the result wasnt to your liking.
>>
>>61282075

Not really it was a Hitler joke, but yeah, it'll last waaaaaaaay longer than the UK that's for sure
>>
>>61280233
but how exactly would trump be as bad as brexit?
>>
>>61281641
Theoretically probably but like >>61281623 said, blocking that referendum would be political suicide. Not to mention opinions about the EU probably would get even worse after that.
>>
>>61282058
Don't worry, Britbro, the media smearing is not working.

Anglo-Portuguese Treaty of 1373, never forget.
>>
>>61275157
"THE BIG BLOODY BLUNDER OF 2016"
>>
>>61275157
>or as a textbook example of the flaws of democracy?

No, thankfully we all overcame the women vote
>>
File: democracy in action.jpg (86 KB, 648x644) Image search: [Google]
democracy in action.jpg
86 KB, 648x644
>>61281940
>>61281950
>>61281994

Implying 100% democracy is a good thing.
I definitly wouldn't trust my fellow countrymen with a decision like that.
Hell, I wouldn't even trust myself with a decision like that.
>>
>>61282154

If you're referring to Scotland leaving then that will be such a cluster fuck it's not even worth thinking about, Scotland can hold a referendum without UK government approval but it can be ignored but the leave campaign would get btfo because of oil prices and would probably get even less of the vote than they did last time
>>
>>61282201
Does it really matter if the populace doesn't like? They are undirectly elected after all, right?
>>
File: 1456596597648.jpg (2 MB, 6064x6072) Image search: [Google]
1456596597648.jpg
2 MB, 6064x6072
>>61282246
You can't make this shit up
>>
>>61282246
>still reposting this nonsense
>>
>>61282140
That's the dilemma of democracy, Hanz.
>>
>>61282201

Not really considering the demographics of those who voted and that most like the EU just not how it's run
>>
>>61282182

Didnt answer my question. If 51% of the country voted to nuke yourself, would you do it?

Also hownis it not Ochlocracy in the most literal sense?
>>
>>61281114
you wanted to leave and now the EU leaders want to get over with it as soon as possible
I dont really understand what you are complaining about
>>
>>61282266

Scots wanted to remain in the UE though
>>
>>61282246
>bellow voting age people don't exist
>>
>>61281864
>especially because it's irreversible.

It's not, they can still apply for membership again in a few years if they want to like any other country. They might get a shittier deal however...
>>
>>61282329
Do you follow the lead of experts? So if your most qualified people decided to nuke your own country, would you be okay with it?
>>
>>61282329
Would you do it if 75% of the country voted for it?
>>
>>61282387
Heck, a lot of voting age folks didn't even vote. This is typical clickbait from Remain cowards.
>>
>if you do this, this will happen as a direct consequence, do you understand?
>do thing
>consequence happens
>"W-WHY SO V-VINDICTIVE M8? YOU CAN'T H-HANDLE A STRONK UK HAHA"

Pathetic to be honest
>>
>>61282421
I'd rather trust someone associated to an University and thus with a higher degree of education than a fucking sheep shagging cunt in Wales.
>>
>>61282308

All forms of government have their degenerated forms. Monarchy has Tyranny, Aristrocracy has Oligarcy.
But that's precisely why you need regulation preventing this from happen. Like if you want to vote on something that is irreversible you need a 2/3 majority like with constitutional votes.

Otherwise a stable society cannot be granted
>>
>>61282460
>Spanish stockmarket plummeted the most from brexxit

lmao so hard
>>
>>61282421

Someone who thinks it's ok to nuke the own country is by definition no expert to me
>>
>>61282470
If more than half of your country is a sheep fucker in wales, that is the direction your country deserves
>>
>>61282408

I refuse to believe we would be cuck enough to even consider accepting this fucking sabotaging retards again. I seriously cannot believe it
>>
>>61282515
Spain had a stockmarket!?
>>
>>61282470
Argumentum ad verecundiam
>>
>>61282525
Who the fuck are you to decide? Are you an expert?
>>
>>61279197
Pleaae educate me on what's wrong wirh Boris Johnson.
>>
>>61282515
>Sweden coming in defense of their cuck brothers

Like clockwork
>>
>>61282003
Do you actually not understand what it is they trade on the stock market?
>>
>>61282387
>Every citizen above voting age has the mental capacity to grasp all the implications of a monumental decision like that.
I'm willing to bet that there is a quite substantial percentage of the population whose process of informing themselves stopped at "pakis out m8!"
>>
>>61282535
Have you seen the average Leave voter?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD0ncBLxQKc
>>
>>61282279
Well it does matter if the politicians want to get re-elected.
>>
>>61282460
>I-it's still worth it lads, a-at least we're free, right?
>>
>>61282586
He's a slimy bastard. It was so obvious that his support for Brexit was a calculated political move. He never thought that Britain would actually leave.
>>
>>61282636
>Every citizen above voting age bothered to vote
Fixed it for you.
>>
>>61282434

Might as well pull the trigger. A country that wants to kill itself that badly is prolly not worth saving
>>
>>61282460

Literally said no one ever.
>>
>>61282575
As bad as ipse dixit. However, while the argument from an academic may be flawed, it is still assumed more thought and research went to it from his side than whatever the Leave campaign has been feeding its voters.
>>
>>61282642
>anecdotal evidence
>>
>>61282636
You're in 4chan
>>
>>61282737
>it is still assumed
And that's your mistake. Having a degree doesn't even mean you know shit about anything, only that you were somehow capable of obtaining a sheet of paper that says "congrats, you're an expert, you retarded faggot".
>>
>>61282329

But your question is irrelvant because no such thing would ever happen because it goes against the well being of the citizens in question you dumb fuck.
>>
>>61282636
but that is the same generalization, I could say that probably a lot of remain people just voted because their group of friends or their favorite actor voted remain without knowing what the fuck was going on
there is no middle ground on this, every fucking argument is generalizing the people and making both sides hate each other
you can't make decisions like this
>>
>>61282737

>Leave campaign has been feeding its voters

As opposed to constant 24/7 world wide pro EU brain washing you mean?
>>
>>61282643
What I meant is that he doesn't need to care about the people's desires if he is not elected by them.

>>61282642
Sure, and the average remain voter is a recent graduate in gender studies from london who dresses in a qeer fashion and sees london as a global city before a british one.
>>
>>61282837

Farange has already admitted he lied to the people as you can see in the OP. Not blaming him though, if someone was so retarded as to believe that shit they deserve seeing their country desintegrating like this
>>
>>61282368
The eu to be precise. We don't have a government that can make any legislation concerning the eu now, we cannot begin to leave until we have a government in power to do so, which won't happen until October. The fact that the eu leaders don't understand this is typical of eu politicians just wanting to get their own way regardless of how democracy works.
>>
>>61282918

He didn't lie, he admited the BREXIT campaign had something that wasn't really true.

And again, it's irrelevant for there is still a lot of money free to be used in the NHS, it's just not guaranteed that it will be.
>>
>>61282846

Except it does happen and that's exactly what you call Ochlocracy
>>
>>61277977

>while germany gets literally genetically cleansed

Can't wait to move to the uk now, enjoy the immigrants germany.
>>
>>61282967
>He didn't lie
> he admited the BREXIT campaign had something that wasn't really true
>he admitted he said something not true

So he lied ?
>>
>>61282878
I'm not saying they voted wrong, I'm saying a decision like that shouldn't be decided by a referendum in the first place. The issues at hand were just way too complex and the whole process got hijacked by populists.
>>
>>61282918
>Farange has already admitted he lied
But he didn't. He said the Vote Leave campaign made a mistake with their suggestion. His campaign is Leave.EU, not Vote Leave.
>>
File: 1461740626003.jpg (12 KB, 258x245) Image search: [Google]
1461740626003.jpg
12 KB, 258x245
>>61282967
>He didn't lie, he admited the BREXIT campaign had something that wasn't really true.

Holy fucking shit
>>
>>61282918
Alright, let's clarify this this disinformation.

There is an official leave campaign, who made the 350 million to the NHS statement.

Nigel was not on that campaign, infact they are not quite fond of him. He was campaigning for leave outside of it.
>>
>>61282279
Because that leads to revolution, and the first people to get hanged will be everyone in Brussells
>>
>>61279797
WOW, the average britbong everyone, delusive as fuck. You need the EU more than you think, but i guess you'll find that out soon enough.
>>
>>61283036
This
>>
>>61282950
Why wait til october with relections?
Having these uncertainties is bad for both EU and UK. Cameron should step down immediatelly and his successor should start negotiating our divorce yesterday
>>
>>61283024
>>61283048
He never made the claim you fucking retards, it wasn't even his campaign, and he wouldnt promise it because he has 0 political power to back it up.

jesus christ
>>
I want this meme of Britains pretending to be retarded to end.
It's not funny anymore.
>>
>>61283024
>>61283048

It wasn't his claim, how did he lie?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.