[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was just watching a civ 6 video, and most of the victory conditions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
I was just watching a civ 6 video, and most of the victory conditions are very USA, USA, USA!!! inspired.

the science victory is clearly referencing the US's landing on the moon, which is some selective history, seeing as the russians beat us to space, but it can't be denied the US is the only country to make it to the moon (and has a space program as far reaching as ours)

That said, there are clearly other countries that must beat us in other ways. Even though the science end game in civ is space travel, you would be stupid to think the US is ahead of Japan or South Korea in terms of technology. We have tech giants like apple, microsoft, and google, but they would be crippled without Asian companies backing them up.

Take one look at the US auto industry for a good example. There are countries where they just do better than us. We do trucks real good because merrica, trucks!!! outside of that we are getting murdered.

How does your civ in a game? science, culture, industry, religion?

noone can argue that china isnt murdering USA in terms of production. everything that isn't our software market (and US military) has moved over there
>>
>most of the victory conditions are very USA, USA, USA!!! inspired.

so it's trash, good to know.
>>
Science victory isn't actually about technology, it's about being the first to get off the rock and send your people to Alpha Centauri. Once you've done that it's implied you nuke everybody back to the stone age so that only your civilization has the privilege of going to space. Everybody else is left to wallow in a living hell, it doesn't get more victorious than that.
>>
>>61263758
The science victory doesn't reference the moon landing dipshit it references space colonization.
>>
>>61263758
>they would be crippled without Asian companies backing them up.
American education at its finest.
>>
>>61263758
>nip computer companies doing anything relavent post 2000
>Intel, amd, nvidia all merrican

Fucking delusion

>But muh korean armshit!

Apple does it better
>>
>>61264149
What are Sony and Samsung? I'm sure we would be in the same place without them.
>>
File: dGZuxeg.jpg (89 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
dGZuxeg.jpg
89 KB, 1024x576
>>61264149
>Apple does it better
>entirely backed by chinese production

apple is nothing without asian countries production anon. he claims to be the visionary behind the iphone, but really the thing that made apple successful was his ability to drive down production prices
>>
>>61264259

And what actually hardware does sony make today? Hint: they use other peoples panels

Ditto for samsung, minus their ram and sdd manufacturing, but they arent super cutting edge in either

>>61264421

It was in reference to arm cpus, which apple designs better than samsung or chink shit.

So what actually important cpu has ever come out of an asian country? Or gpu? Or any other substanial hardware advance? Oh, they make lots of capacitors and resistors and can assemble hardware that uses western made chips? Bravo sony!
>>
>>61263758
Retarded post
>>
>>61264078
cool
>>
>>61263758
>American made game
>has a slight American bias
woah i fuckin wonder
>>
>>61263758

Every Civ game I can think of has had the science victory be 'get to Alpha Centauri.' The moonlanding is just a step along the way. If you want USA themed victory, look at Civ V's culture victory where whenever you attained cultural dominance over another Civ, their leader would come to you and say 'their youth have started listening to your rock and roll music and wearing your blue jeans' or something to that effect.
>>
>>61263758
Maybe it's because the game is made by americans?
The space victory though is to travel to alpha centauri, not the moon and it's kinda of a meme in the civ games. The real victory that is USA style is the cultural one like >>61266824 said.
Though it seems blue jeans have been getting out of trend lately...
>>
America is purely military in civ
I wish they would do a MODERN Greece, Italy or Egypt instead of focusing on ancient times
>>
>>61263906
>Once you've done that it's implied you nuke everybody back to the stone age so that only your civilization has the privilege of going to space
That is in no way implied
>>
File: djokoviceyes_zpsb5114f1b.jpg (130 KB, 620x357) Image search: [Google]
djokoviceyes_zpsb5114f1b.jpg
130 KB, 620x357
>>61263758

Gee, it's almost like the USA is the most successful nation of all time!
>>
Still no finland
> -No massive culture bonus after internet is invented
> -No 1000% str bonus vs russians
SHIT GAME
>>
I'm sad to know you have king of queens wallpapers.
>>
>>61267387
"Swedish Empire" includes Finland (Helsinki, Turku, Oulu, haakapeliika)
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.