[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
China/Japan/Korea Chink/Nip/Gook alright. i get it But why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
China/Japan/Korea

Chink/Nip/Gook

alright. i get it
But why we should be called as Gook?

I mean, it's actually fine even if it's containing insult. that's okay

but i mean, gook was a word for vetcong in the vitenam war.
Why we should be called as the same with vietnamese? it dosen't make sense.

Koreans even fought against vietnam.

it would be really fine if we get called Like kimchi or Gopchan

But why gook?
Why?
>>
Chinese > Gook
Korean > Zipperhead
Japs > Tojo,Nip,Jap,Slope
Vietnamese > Gook
>>
It's because of the name of your country in your own language
>>
>>61258519
Chinese > chink

my bad
>>
I don't know han GOOK saram, you tell me
>>
>>61258369
Tbh you are all basically chinese ethnically.
I believe Chinese is the term that suit best the message it should convey.
>>
>>61258681
partly agreed. muhamad
>>
>>61258681
I totally agree, but so many asians get so fucking mad. They're all chinese/mongol rapebabies.

All black hair + black eyes. All short.
>>
File: download.png (7 KB, 225x224) Image search: [Google]
download.png
7 KB, 225x224
>>61258369
미국 was what we said to Americans during the Korean war. It means America in korean but to them it sound like "me gook" so they called us gooks since then.
Before that the japs called us chon.
>>
>>61258887
We used to stack you fucks 2 meters high and use the bodies as cover from bullets.
>>
>>61258871
t. united states of guatemala
>>
File: 1463877732340.jpg (358 KB, 1280x1707) Image search: [Google]
1463877732340.jpg
358 KB, 1280x1707
>>61258369

>"gook" comes from the Korean word "국" (guk), meaning "country",[7] "한국" (hanguk), meaning "Korea", or "미국" (miguk), meaning "America".[8] For example, American soldiers might have heard locals saying miguk, referring to Americans, and misinterpreted this as "Me gook."[9] It should be noted that "Mỹ Quốc"[10] is an archaism in Vietnamese that died out due to a language shift, starting from just before the Indochina Wars and culminating with the end of that period often referred to as the Vietnam War, which has the same root and similar pronunciation to Korean "미국" (miguk) both stemming from Chinese characters "美國"(Měiguó) also meaning "America."
>>
>>61258369
iirc Gook came from the Korean War to describe Koreans and because apparently asian arr rook saem, gook transferred to the Vietnamese during the Vietnamese war
>>
>>61260320
Gook was also used in WW2. It appears a few times in Richard Tregaskis' book Guadalcanal Diaries.
>>
>>61258887
Yeah i had a korean guy tell me that.
>>
>>61258887
>>61260279
this.

Koreans kept saying, "me gook! me gook!" so we started calling them "gooks".

"nip" comes from japan being "Nippon" in Japanese

"Chink" comes from the "Qing" dynasty in China.
>>
File: nyylogo.jpg (20 KB, 230x245) Image search: [Google]
nyylogo.jpg
20 KB, 230x245
>>61260736
yank/yankee for American is a bad word?
>>
I guess Korean are plesure of having their particular name,what a pathetic people.
>>
who the fuck cares
>>
>>61262204
Canada will be back-seated by chink, so you have to pay respect the next master race in Khanada. Call them Chink-sama :DDD
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.