[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok I'd like to end this meme once and for all The Brexit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5
File: nosurrender.png (117 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
nosurrender.png
117 KB, 600x700
Ok I'd like to end this meme once and for all

The Brexit will not lead to Irish reunification. Northern Ireland is massively subsidised by the British government and the Republic could not hope to match that. A large amount of the jobs in NI are public sector which would also obviously go. The protestant community was split 50-50 in this referendum but will be 95% united in support of remaining. Even a drastic increase of support amongst the Catholic community for reunification would not be enough to overturn the demographic advantage of the Protestant community. Check back in 15 years when maybe the demographics have shifted somewhat but for now Northern Ireland is going nowhere.
>>
>Northern Ireland is massively subsidised by the British government
Not for long, LOL
>>
>>61230081

>Unrionically wanting to spend 1/3rd of your budget to subsidise a bunch of incredibly pissed of loyalists
>>
File: Farage.jpg (436 KB, 1182x966) Image search: [Google]
Farage.jpg
436 KB, 1182x966
Take me now senpai
>>
>>61230143
I don't want to do that, I think they should be mass deported to Britain. Sick of these squatters.
>>
>>61230143
We'll be buddies now. Did you see our flag? That orange bit is you right there. It's pretty.
>>
Polls I've seen show that even most Catholics want to stay a part of the UK.
>>
File: ni.7.png (114 KB, 800x524) Image search: [Google]
ni.7.png
114 KB, 800x524
hmmm ah yes
>>
Can't make this shit up!
>>
>>61230665
Economic benefits. The IRA purposely wrecked Northern Ireland for 30 years specifically so it wouldn't be economically viable for the UK to hold it, failing to realize the UK didn't care if it was economically viable and they'd just pour money into the place indefinitely.

The main argument against reunification has always been that the Irish Republic wouldn't be able to afford it, but now England might not be able to afford it either.

Now Northern Ireland won't get any EU funding (which was very important), the British economy could potentially collapse and now it's just them and a weaker uncaring English government.

If Scotland leaves most of them won't feel any connection to the UK anymore. Plus Scotland leaving or even holding a referendum will damage the UK's overall economy which will make things in NI worse.

Exciting times.
>>
File: 507279.jpg (43 KB, 528x492) Image search: [Google]
507279.jpg
43 KB, 528x492
>>61230665
>polls Ive seen show that most Brits want to remain part of the EU
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.