[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I suck at economics so explain this to me. Now that the bongs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Picture-230.png (271 KB, 462x619) Image search: [Google]
Picture-230.png
271 KB, 462x619
I suck at economics so explain this to me.

Now that the bongs have finally fucked off, does that mean that EU members will prefer other members for trade?

Because that sounds like great news for us, to have that kind of competitor out and relegated to a second choice.
>>
>>61219670
Is that a legitimate article?
>>
>>61219718
yes

"culona inchiavabile"
>>
Why did God create economists?

In order to make weather forecasters look good.
>>
>>61220048
that's nice.

I'm still confus though
>>
>>61219670
There's something named the "European Economic Area", check it out.

It won't change many things on a pure trade basis. They'll still trade, just like Swiss and Norway can perfectly trade freely despite not being in the EU.

THe difference is they won't have an influence on the decision process when the EU will decide new/different rules. That's why Swiss and Norway are not as independant as people say: for those 2 countries the EU is so important as a trade partner that they have to comply to whatever rules the EU sets, if they want an access to the European market.

In term of economy and trade, a brexit won't change that many things. The real loss for them is that they won't be able to influence, lobby and disrupt everything from the inside, as they did since they entered. And THIS is a real gain for the rest of the EU.

Plus, they're still far from being actually out. They won't magically be out in a night, the negociations and process will take years, and in the meantime all the politics and lobbies they have will certainly find a way to deny them their vote and make them stay.
>>
>>61221345
Thank you for explaining this.

Do you think EU is going to let them stay if they change their mind though?

I wouldn't, it's not like you can jump the ship and then climb back on as you please, they should be out now that they voted for it. Scotland and Northern Ireland should be allowed in again if they want to split from the rest though.
>>
>>61222591
actually, the article 50 from the Lisbon treaty give 2 years for a country to negociate its exit once it has been activated, and can be renewed for 2 more years. You can bet that they will take the maximum time they can.

Plus, they will stale as much as they can before activating it. First, Cameron said he wouldn't do it, as he considers the mandate he's been given was not for this (which can make sense, as he called for "remain", but on the other hand his the one who promised a referendum if he was elected, so he should have been aware of the consequences). But he'll only resign in october, and they'll need new elections, so they won't activate article 50 before several months, possibly more than a year. The actual "brexit" is still nowhere near and won't happen before half a decade, at least. And they can perfectly change their mind in the meantime.
>>
>>61221345
>>61222591
the important part of the EEA is that you have give free workvisa and apply 75% of the legislation, and pay into the EU budget

they left because of these things, EU already said no special agreement, so if they dont agree to the rules set, no trade :^)
>>
>>61224617
That's not the only kind of partnership. Canada has a free-trade agreement with the EU without being in the EEA and it works for them too.
>>
>>61221345
You are talking out of your arse.
The EU won't probably offer the UK a Norway/Switzerland kinda deal when renegociating.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.