[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/antiurban/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: crops.jpg (118 KB, 668x623) Image search: [Google]
crops.jpg
118 KB, 668x623
itt people from rural areas and city folks who want to change their lifestye
>>
I live in an island, can i stay?
>>
population of my town is like 20,000

we also kicked out syrian refugees by beating them up :DDD
>>
File: 1466605369050.jpg (51 KB, 475x403) Image search: [Google]
1466605369050.jpg
51 KB, 475x403
>live in the city
>noise 24/7, turks everywhere, expensive, not even 1 tree in a 100m radius, it sucks
>be 18, want to move to the countryside
>wait, shit my way to uni would be way too long
>be 26, have masters degree now
>want to move out of the city
>well shit there are no jobs outside of the city, I don't wanna commute 2 hours every morning

I am born in this concrete nightmare and I will die here
>>
File: 1456967302550.jpg (39 KB, 500x540) Image search: [Google]
1456967302550.jpg
39 KB, 500x540
>>61187062
I know exactly these feels

In my case it's even worse because I love cultuvating things. Making things grow is basically my favorite hobby (even though I can only do it a few months a year because of our shitty useless weather). But it's essentially impossible to become a farmer nowadays. Even well established farmers on small family farms are struggling greatly nowadays because they're being eaten alive by major conglomerates, and that's despite the fact that they already have the equipment (which is insanely expensive), the experience and know-how, the support from family and community as well as the land which was already being cultivated before they were even born. Someone who has none of the above has absolutely zero way of becoming a farmer.
>>
>>61187333
Why do you even compete with the conglomerates? If you even want a chance you have to either produce something that is exceptionally rare, or of exceptional quality.

For example we have some farmers here that raise pigs the traditional way, by just putting them into a piece of forest and let them run around all day and eat whatever they want. It takes way longer until they are ready to be slaughtered but the meat is of exceptional quality and the demand exceeds the available meat by far, despite the fact it costs like 15 times as much as conventional pork.
>>
>>61187705
maybe you're right, but it's still incredibly difficult to establish yourself out of completely nowhere

I would need to get a very lucky break and somehow be granted a piece of rural fertile land as inheritance, or happen to marry into a rural family or something like that. But, just like you, I'm afraid that I'll spend my entire life rotting away in the concrete nightmare.
>>
>>61187897
Yep it is.

My plan is to run in the hamster wheel for a decade or something, then try to open a business somewhere away from the city. I can at least try I guess.
>>
>>61186940
Alabama here. I think I've found my thread.
>>
>>61186940
Georgia here
Got my own lil place out innawoods where I can shoot guns and actually see the stars
It's nice.
Not farm land though, too hilly and too densely wooded.
>>
>>61186940
grew up in a <1000 people village
good when you're a kid, you can fuck around with cows in fields and shit, and there is a fucking big underground quarry in the forest we liked to explore
but when you turn 10 it becomes boring as shit, and when you have to take the bus for one hour to go to high school and another hour to come back every day you just start hating it

>hey anon, wanna come to a bar to get drunk after school ?
>I can't, I'm gonna miss the bus

and that's how I had no friends in high school
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.