[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post your country's lesser known controversial heroes.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: 2016-06-23-09-07-33-1447430212.jpg (6 KB, 199x253) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-23-09-07-33-1447430212.jpg
6 KB, 199x253
Pic related is William Tecumseh Sherman, a Union general during the Civil War who utterly crippled Southern industry and agriculture in his famous March to The Sea. Southerners are intensely butthurt about him since he completely torched quite a few of their cities and burned down many homesteads, but many non-Southerners recognize he drastically shortened the length of the war by doing this.
>>
File: Robespierre.jpg (135 KB, 800x1014) Image search: [Google]
Robespierre.jpg
135 KB, 800x1014
Maximilien Marie Isidore de Robespierre.
Ended the fake revolution of the elites and brought liberty to the French people.
>>
File: 1402391181069.gif (97 KB, 236x213) Image search: [Google]
1402391181069.gif
97 KB, 236x213
fuck off Sherman shill reeeeeeeee
>>
>>61162679
He wasn't even as bad as the Southerners like to act like he was, they just want another excuse for being a shithole over 150 years after the end of the war.
>>61166354
I feel like Robespierre is actually pretty well known though. If a burger knows a single person from the Revolution, it's him.
>>
>sherman
>lesser known

fucking millenials
>>
I thought Tecumseh was the one who placed the curse on the presidents.
>>
>>61162679
Too bad he did not burn the whole thing down.
>>
>>61172677
Since it's /int/ I can only hope he means lesser known abroad. I doubt your average bong or ausfag knows who he is.
>>
O Barão do Rio Branco // The Baton of the White River

Just the best diplomat, he setlle all the biggest issues about borders of Brazil and died in office.
>>
>>61166354
Robespierre is pretty famous imo just like Danton and 1 other guy whom i forgot the name (Marat?).
>>
>>61172790
I'm pretty sure average >abroader knows only his name from civil war along with Lincoln, Ulysses
>>
>>61162679
>Georgians are intensely butthurt about him
ftfy family
>>
>>61176459
>other countries have to learn about the US Civil War
It feels good to be #1
>>
>>61166354
What a man. During the Revolution they called him "The Incorruptible", he also never cared about dying because of a terminal disease and he was 100% sure sooner or later they would have come for him. We need more Robespierres.
>>
>>61176459
What about Robert E. Lee?
>>
>>61177105
>>other countries have to learn about the US Civil War
The only reason I know anything about it (and I know fucking nothing about it) came about because of that time poofs got butthurt about the confederate flag.
>>
File: Robespierre_IMG_2303.jpg (4 MB, 3744x5616) Image search: [Google]
Robespierre_IMG_2303.jpg
4 MB, 3744x5616
>>61166354
This. He was also opposed to the crazy proto-commies, opposed dechristianisation, promoted the based cult of the Supreme Being, was willing to get rid of even his closest friends when they turned out to be corrupt. He is the saviour the French Revolution, willing to go as far as needed.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.