[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have the opportunity to study abroad in France or Iceland for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: icelandandfrance.jpg (66 KB, 400x320) Image search: [Google]
icelandandfrance.jpg
66 KB, 400x320
I have the opportunity to study abroad in France or Iceland for a year.

Which would you choose, and why?
>>
>>61114029
Where is it in France?
>>
>>61114111
I have no idea yet, and I will not know unless I select that program, after which I will receive more details.

Strange, I know.
>>
>>61114029
You'll bore yourself to death one year in Iceland.
>>
French is more useful in an international market. Iceland is dying.
>>
>>61114142
That is honestly my biggest fear.
>>
I you want to live in a small frozen town in the middle of nowhere with insular and hard to get to know people just move to alaska.

If you want to actually live go to france.
>>
>>61114135
What program? Is it a Uni program? Or did you just apply?

I would go with Iceland desu, I like snow and cold places, but it's more depressing there and the language is more difficult
>>
>>61114135
what field is it ? engineerings, social sciences..?
>>
>>61114029
Icelanders are hicks, all their professors graduated from foreign universities and they get all their information off the internet.

French universities are some of the worst in Europe but it's still a better option.
>>
>>61114246
Social sciences.

>>61114214
I am extremely paranoid, and saying what it iq could potentially reveal my location. Call it autism if you want, but sorry.
>>
>>61114274
is*
>>
>>61114250
Universities are mostly bad poorly funded and with unmotivated students. Grandes écoles (engineering and business schools) are top tier though.
>>
>>61114250
Student exchange is more about partying than anything uni-related
>>
>>61114274
>Social sciences.
You'll be working in starbucks so just flip a coin.
>>
>>61114358
I consider myself a serious student, but I hope to enjoy what the country has to offer.

>>61114374
I am studying linguistics, which is slightly above the average social science in terms of employment.
>>
Depends

Iceland is empty and has better teachers.
France has more people, but has also angry Arabs and bad universities.
>>
>>61114274
I just want to know so I can apply somewhere too

Is that program free or just exchanging with students? We have similar stuff here too
>>
France 100%
>>
>>61114451
Which one do you think will be more fulfilling and enjoyable?
>>
>>61114493
Depends on what you're looking for. If I were you I'd pick France and go to Iceland for a few days while being there. In France you can truly enjoy Europe, travel around. In Iceland you can truly enjoy your bedroom.
>>
>>61114713
Yeah, Icelandic seems like a great place to visit, but not to live.
>>
>>61114772
You should find other students who did one of those programs and ask them about it.

All the americans I met at my engineering school where enjoying there staying here. But most of them coudln't really follow up the classes in French and all they did was partying and getting laid.
>>
>>61114713
He talked to me, you needn't to answer for me, asshole.
>>
>>61114855
Could you share your opinion then, please?

>>61114835
I would have a fair amount of time to learn French (or at least attempt to), and I would like to take as many classes as possible while there to improve it.
>>
>>61114029
Iceland
>>
File: 1330723596370.jpg (54 KB, 430x430) Image search: [Google]
1330723596370.jpg
54 KB, 430x430
You will not regret coming here, ameribuddy
>>
>>61114901
Why?

>>61114911
Thank you, ami.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.