[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else here learning a language for no reason other than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: Logo_maccabi.png (98 KB, 316x316) Image search: [Google]
Logo_maccabi.png
98 KB, 316x316
Anyone else here learning a language for no reason other than interest?

>tfw learning Hebrew because fuck you I like it
>tfw not Jewish and no ties to Israel
>>
>>61111257
young maximalist ITT
>>
>>61111257
Learned Russian. Tried doing the same with Arabic, but I just don't seem to be able to get it.
>>
>>61111257
I tried to learn Russian with a text book i found in a flea market, but it was boring.
>>
>>61112623
I also tried to learn the two other languages of my country but it was EXTREMELY boring.
>>
Learning Russian right now, I've always loved the way it sounds
>>
>>61112699
what is your mother tongue?
>>
>>61111257
I am learning Korean simply because I like how it sounds, no kpop, no culture appreciation, no nothing. And hangul is kinda like serbian alphabets, so it was really really easy to learn and read
>>
>>61112955
puked
>>
>>61111962
Shouldn't the latter be much easier?
>>
>>61113852
szyscykowiesc
>>
Started learning some Chinese these last couple of weeks. I don't really have a purpose but it's kind of interesting.

I'm starting to see some of the internal logic of the writing system, it's actually got me kind of excited. When I dabbled in weaboo-tier Japanese language learning, kanji always fucked me up, but being forced to learn hanzi because there's no syllabary to fall back on is turning out to be fun.
>>
File: dsc_6019_01.jpg (2 MB, 4288x2412) Image search: [Google]
dsc_6019_01.jpg
2 MB, 4288x2412
>>61111257
Slovene language pack is looking good.
Wishings me of luck.
>>
>>61113830
>And hangul is kinda like serbian alphabets
how so?
>>
>>61121907
I meant that they are read as they are written, the sounds letters make rarely change, unlike English
>>
kind of want to study latin and biblical hebrew because they're kind of neat desu.
>>
yod (vocalized sheva) hey (cholam) vav (qamatz) hey
source: aleppo codex
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.