[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are relatively wealthy non-Western countries like UAE, Bahrain,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: zzz.jpg (72 KB, 1152x768) Image search: [Google]
zzz.jpg
72 KB, 1152x768
Are relatively wealthy non-Western countries like UAE, Bahrain, Qatar and Saudi Arabia just shitholes with oil money, or are they actually reasonably successful and decently developed countries?
>>
Depends on who you ask. Terrible human rights record/governments but above average standards of living as long as you are a gulf arab or an expat with money and not a filipino/indian/pakistani construction worker
>>
>>61102453
Good countries but without any liberties at all
>>
>>61102453
UAE and Qatar have pretty diversified economies.

Bahrain is a tiny oil island

Saudi is going to shit soon

I'm not sure about Kuwait
>>
>>61102453
saudi arabia has one university that ranks top 10 world in mathematics.
the rest of the arab world is absolutely garbage when it comes to education. there is a reason their best people study abroad most of the time, unlike russians, japanese, germans, etc.
>>
File: image.png (18 KB, 824x928) Image search: [Google]
image.png
18 KB, 824x928
>>61103206
>unlike russians, japanese, germans, etc.

They study in Canada all the time though
>>
shit-holes with money. arab countries have not industrialized or built their own wealth like korea which has 0 resources.

they are racist towards their indians who are ironically the only people educated enough to get admitted to western schools imo. the rest of them are too retarded and just get oil welfare.

>>61103206
>top 10

majority of good saudi schools are staffed by foreigners. they are objectively shit in terms of student quality.
>>
>>61103238
we only get the indians tb h, i've only met 1 arab from there and he went to some shit hole school that's not even a real university.
>>
>>61102453
went to the UAE in a business trip
its really fucking developed
>>
>>61102453
they are wealthy and successful like western countries, not just propped up by oil (at least in the case of the Gulf) but with completely different values so they have pretty shit standards if you aren't an Arab or at least white
>>
File: Qatar_Export_Treemap.png (62 KB, 852x667) Image search: [Google]
Qatar_Export_Treemap.png
62 KB, 852x667
>>61103040
>UAE and Qatar have pretty diversified economies
>Qatar
>>
>>61103597
Are you retarded?

You realize countries GDP don't only involve the export of raw materials right?

Qatar has airlines, financial services, and tourism
>>
>>61103885
I'm sure you understand Qatar's economy better than the people over at Harvard.

http://atlas.cid.harvard.edu/rankings/
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.