[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do Americans make Brits the baddies in so many films? I thought
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: Isabel-Hardman_R2A024_350.jpg (51 KB, 350x525) Image search: [Google]
Isabel-Hardman_R2A024_350.jpg
51 KB, 350x525
Why do Americans make Brits the baddies in so many films? I thought we were friends ;_;
>>
>>61083699
Maybe because of our accents? do we do good villain accents?
>>
English accent sounds imperialistic and villanous in the right context

>All Roman Empire films have british accents
>All star wars baddies have british accents
>Evil bald guys usually have a British accent
>Good guys always have typical Midwestern accents
>>
>>61084561
gee i wonder why my american friend?
>>
>>61084635
Anglophobic propaganda by the Eternal Y*nk
>>
no not always
usually nowadays brit accent is the eccentric help/scientist/hacker behind the scenes guy
>>
File: download (1).jpg (9 KB, 145x214) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
9 KB, 145x214
>be ameriscum
>make film based on british book
>set it in america
>change all the characters to americans
>except the villain
>>
>>61086608
Brits are just scarier
>>
>>61083699

you were the bad guy for much of recent history. blame your ancestors.
>>
when will brits be portrayed as the violent but clumsy drunks they are? pls jews get it right
>>
>>61086825
Yeah like when we fought against the Jew gassing Nazis OH SHIT
Yeah like when we stopped the Warmonger Kasier OH SHIT
Yeah like when we stopped Muslim oppression of Hindus in India OH SHIT
Yeah like when stropped Boer genocide of blacks OH SHIT
Yeah like when we stopped the slave trade OH SHIT
We're fucking heroes.
>>
>>61087145

Shit bait.
>>
>>61086608

you remember the characters in this movie? all i remember is the chocolate cake eating scene.
>>
>>61083699
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7gR7EYjcP8
>>
>>61087311
Nice argument Rasheed
>>
>>61087145
It's all memes, John

You guys were much better than the Germans, Russians, or even French
>>
File: Sharpe.jpg (670 KB, 1622x1610) Image search: [Google]
Sharpe.jpg
670 KB, 1622x1610
Even in British made things the Brits are often the bad guys too. The James Bond franchise has a lot of Russian bad guys, but also its fair share of British.
>>
>>61087673
My name is Nigel, so some fucking respect.
>>
>>61087145
>Yeah like when stropped Boer genocide of blacks OH SHIT
By genociding the fucking Boers
>>
>>61087145
>Yeah like when we stopped the Warmonger Kasier OH SHIT
>warmongering Kaiser
>thinks this is the reason for WW1 and that he wanted war
reeeee learn some fucking history you piece of shit
>>
>>61091435
Fuck off you fucking cunt we went to war to defend your country and you show no respect, it's disgusting.
>>
>>61091482
You're completely avoiding my point and I don't have to respect you just for being from the nation that did something 100 years ago when we were both not even alive
>>
>>61091718
I'm a WWI veteran posting from my death bed and this is how you treat me?
>>
>>61091482
Probably because you're acting like a child
>>
>>61091873
I am German, fuck you, WILLY DID NOTHING WRONG
>>
Boring answer? Because brits have a tradition of theater (-re?) acting that lends itself to credible villains without getting too cartoony... unless that's desired, in which case there's always 1980s Tim Curry.
>>
File: CPGpZpdWUAEpGvv.png (180 KB, 527x319) Image search: [Google]
CPGpZpdWUAEpGvv.png
180 KB, 527x319
>>61083699
oh man i sometimes browse spectators site (douglas murray is a pretty cool guy) and ive seen this major qt in ads on the site, i was wondering who she was was. my dick thanks you famalam
>>
>>61092357
Isabel Hardman. She's often on television here too on political shows. Can find her on youtube probably.
>>
>>61084561
All of the most solid people the protagonists relied upon were British. You dun gone and talked fancy-like for too long for us to forget.
>>
>>61083699
British accents sound noble and sophisticated. Good traits for a jaded rugged protagonist to go up again.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.