[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happens here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Vorarlberg.png (80 KB, 2000x1047) Image search: [Google]
Vorarlberg.png
80 KB, 2000x1047
What happens here?
>>
>>61071878
old people watching their goats eat grass
>>
>>61073235
Sounds comfy
>>
>>61071878
They wish they were part of Switzerland.
>>
>>61073457
Why? Were they at some point?
>>
>>61075824
They tried to be after WW1, but the Swiss refused.
>>
>>61076045
Any particular reason for that?
>>
>>61077141
The Swiss feared the added population would tip the balance of their country in favor of the catholics.
>>
>>61077468
And why did they Vorabergians (?) want to secede? Funny how these things aren't mentioned much
>>
>>61077534
I don't really know that much about it since it isn't even taught in Austrian schools.
I just read up on it an apparently they held a referendum in Vorarlberg after Austria-Hungary lost the war. The "Vorarlberger" voted 81% in favor of joining the Swiss confederation. The Swiss just debated the application before the Entente killed the whole thing and created facts with the treaty of Saint-Gertmain which established Austria with its today borders.

I don't know exactly why they wanted to join Switzerland and Idon't know how much standard of living was a factor at the time.
I guess their language may have been a factor, since their dialect is closer to Swiss German than Austrian German.
>>
>>61078077
Thanks for the reply, lad
>>
>>61078107
You're welcome
>>
It's a part of Switzerland that belongs to Austria. They wanted to join Switzerland after WW1, but the Swiss didn't want this.

Other than that absolutely nothing happens there, ever.
>>
>>61071878
Turks
>>
>>61071878
liechtensteiner clay
>>
>>61078077
I guess its geographical position could also be a reason. Even today there are only four roads connecting it with the rest of Austria of which only one is really useful (the other three are passes with two of those passes connecting backwater-like areas)
>>
>>61071878
It looks like the tip of a penis
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.