[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Durian
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: King of fruit.jpg (215 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
King of fruit.jpg
215 KB, 1000x1000
Has anyone tried Durian fruit?

I have heard that some people think it reeks really fucking bad (and is even illegal on some public transport because of it) and some people jizz their pants and worship it over how good it tastes

I am curious as to weather I would like it or not, and I want to try it, or at least smell it.
>>
It has a very strong smell. if you eat it in your room, the smell will persist for about a day.

It's impossible to know if you'll like it without actually trying it. I don't know how to describe the smell, there's nothing quite like it. Don't believe the people that tell you it smells like rotten eggs, because that's just not true.
>>
funny you mention it, because earlier today i watched an australian woman eat some of it on youtube and she said it smelled like feet.. and her revolted reaction to the taste was so fucking hilarious i cried laughing.

for some reason this made me curious to try it as well... im pretty sure ive seen it in the local asian markets...
>>
File: yuca_sancochada.jpg (37 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
yuca_sancochada.jpg
37 KB, 500x375
I have not tried durian yet, but I tried yuca for the first time the other day and it was gross. It's trying to be a potato, but it fails miserably. Do people in South America really enjoy this?
>>
it's fucking disgusting
>>
I have some durian popsicles in my freezer. They taste like melon and garlic.
>>
>>61065391

My Indo side of the family loves that stuff. I hate the smell but if you cover/don't breathe through your nose you can see why people think it's awesome.
>>
>>61065581
Fried yucca > fried potatoes tho
>>
>>61065391
It's delicious. Sadly, it is horrific smell wise.

I brought some into university once. I ended up having to bin it because of the smell. It stunk the whole floor out.

It's a very strong rotting smell.
>>
Yeah durian is nice when you're in South East Asia and it's humid as fuck

I tried some frozen durian (imported from thailand) here and it was fucking gross
>>
it's likereally intense parmesan, similar to foot smell. it's almost like a foot fetish if you like durian
>>
On my first bite i thought that it was revolting. However, you quickly get immunised to the smell and then it tastes amazing. I love it now. Best eaten fresh in the open from a cart in South East Asia.
>>
>>61067513
Footfag here. Smell is awful compared to feet.
>>
>date chink
>she and her family unironically thought I wouldn't knock them out after they kept trying to make me smell that shit when they ate it
>>
Not a fan, but my family and relatives love it.
>>
>>61065391
Smells exactly like a chemical plant I worked at for a few years.
>>
I've been to Java. It smells awful
>>
I LIKE, BUT IT TO EXPENSIVE
>>
IF YOU EAT FISH SOUCE NOTHING SMEL BAD FOR YOU
>>
>>61067513

When you think about it...cheese is what...rotten milk? I have smelled some dank cheese in my time. I can imagine that they like durian for the same reason.
>>
They smell a bit more tolerable than Surstromming. But it still smells bad like most of you fucbois.
>>
>>61065391
My family has an orchard in Penang. It smells strongly but not really disagreeable. If you encounter Durians, the best defence is to breath deeply. It will quickly overwhelm your olfactory receptors and you become immune to it shortly. The taste is like creamy onion custard. It triggers the umami receptors.
>>
It looks a little like jackfruit. Is the taste similar?
>>
>>61065581
Fried cassava is good.
>>
>>61065391
It tastes good and smells good. Just try it.
>>
>>61076899
TO EXPENSIVE! GOOD PRICE FOR BAT IS 99 PER 1$
>>
>>61065391
It's delicious, and so is the ice cream made from it. I used to eat bowlfuls of it in 'Nam.
>>
>>61065391
It's like the Nic Cage of fruits. You either hate it or you love it. Personally, I LOVE durian. Unfortunately, I can't have too much since it's so fucking high in cholesterol and I'm already fat as it is.

Bit of advice, when you use your hands the smell is gonna stick. To get that off, just rub your fingers against the inner wall of the shell while pouring water over your hands. It'll get the smell off.
>>
>>61077145
Calm down and speak English.
>>
Durian is the aryan ubermencsh of fruit familia
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.