[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did Britain decline into insignificance while the US grew
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 180x90) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 180x90
Why did Britain decline into insignificance while the US grew from a tiny, backwoods colony into a dominant super power?
>>
immigration, land, manpower, and resources I would guess
>>
>>61052275

Britain had the resources and manpower of a vast empire at their disposal.
>>
>>61051780
The Mississippi river system is the largest system of internal navigable waterways in the world and it's situated next to the largest continuous area of arable land in the world

It's nearly impossible to fuck that up
>>
>>61051780
world wars, mostly
>>
>>61051780

The British were cucked by WWI and WWII and gave away their empire piece by piece.
>>
>>61051780
world wars and being in the lovely position of being able to bail europe out - with interest - securing them money and influence in europe, and thus globally. also having lots of land and a large population.
>>
>>61051780

we didnt have a whole new continent to ourselves?
>yanks
>>
>>61053306
this
churchill idiot didnt arrange with hitler and lost his power at sea. he lost it all almost except this one island.
>>
The answer is gold.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (482 KB, 642x891) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
482 KB, 642x891
>>61051780

Empires became a really bad thing after Hitler tried to make his own
>>
Britain took the full brunt of two world wars. The USA was pretty much untouched.
>>
>>61051780
Jews
>>
File: bj8AvoC.gif (2 MB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
bj8AvoC.gif
2 MB, 256x192
>mfw i see another "look how big my dick is compared to yours" post made by an american
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.