[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 13
What went wrong?
>>
File: 1444343858934.jpg (15 KB, 200x160) Image search: [Google]
1444343858934.jpg
15 KB, 200x160
>>
>>61051409
didnt grow enough potatoes
this is why ireland will become a superpower
>>
>>61051409
No empire endures forever
>>
We fucked natives instead of killing them
>>
File: 1454625004619.jpg (39 KB, 500x386) Image search: [Google]
1454625004619.jpg
39 KB, 500x386
too much picardia
>>
File: teddy roosevelt debate.jpg (112 KB, 634x421) Image search: [Google]
teddy roosevelt debate.jpg
112 KB, 634x421
>>61051409

DIE LATIN EMPIRE

DIE
>>
>>61051409
The Spanish
>>
File: napoleon celebrated EASTER.png (36 KB, 876x928) Image search: [Google]
napoleon celebrated EASTER.png
36 KB, 876x928
>>
File: Italian Empire - Copia (2).png (307 KB, 4500x2592) Image search: [Google]
Italian Empire - Copia (2).png
307 KB, 4500x2592
What went wrong?
>>
>>61051554
this
>>
>>61051664
dick is hard to be honest
>>
>>61051554
>tfw arabs fucked iberians instead of killing them
>>
File: smile hellsing.jpg (44 KB, 1186x664) Image search: [Google]
smile hellsing.jpg
44 KB, 1186x664
>>61051664

M5S
>>
>>61051664
N Sheeit
>>
File: image.png (274 KB, 590x207) Image search: [Google]
image.png
274 KB, 590x207
>>61051664
>>
>>61051664
>World ruled by Berlusconi
>Free sluts for all citizens
I VOTE YES
>>
File: berl (2).jpg (34 KB, 303x327) Image search: [Google]
berl (2).jpg
34 KB, 303x327
>>61051823
>>
File: NOS FUIMUS REGIS ET STERCUM..png (300 KB, 1493x595) Image search: [Google]
NOS FUIMUS REGIS ET STERCUM..png
300 KB, 1493x595
>>61051664
WE
>>
>>61051702
get #rekt whitey
>>
post velas
>>
>>61051554
You fucked the slaves too. The Spanish love stink dick.
>>
File: 1433757900269.jpg (21 KB, 500x498) Image search: [Google]
1433757900269.jpg
21 KB, 500x498
>>61052475
>>
it's the opposite, what went right?:

>migration from the European Union to Latin America overcomes migration from LatAm to the EU.

http://internacional.elpais.com/internacional/2015/06/04/actualidad/1433434554_572544.html
>>
Fernando VII was a retard
>>
>>61051409
-isabel and fernando only had daughters
-the oldest one died in childbirth and her child died a couple years later
-the youngest managed to have a child with an habsburg before the midle sister could bear a superior portuguese infant
-habsburgers proceed to involve spain in all kinds of fuckery in europe
-spain got huge debts
-spain went bakrup
-spain got huge debts
-spain went bakrupt
and so on
>>
File: bismarck.jpg (86 KB, 618x340) Image search: [Google]
bismarck.jpg
86 KB, 618x340
>>
>>61051409
this is the result of long periods of prosperity. All golden ages transfer to heroin age. Basically the country burns itself out on luxury.

The Spaniards committed unspeakable atrocities against the proud and noble natives of America. They had great culture but unfortunately it is the European way

>le aztec sacrifice !!!!1!

Wow, so you commit genocide because those who commit genocide are doing the wrong thing? Edgym8.

And the Aztec nobility which were massacred were a small proportion of the natives killed. You fuckers massacred even the village dwelling islanders. You spared no one.

you may not have been responsible for this, but you live and reap off the benefits of these plunders of wealth which your grandparents commited
>>
>>61051554
you should've killed more of our natives desu
>>
mined too much silver, didn't know how to do economics and inflation caused them to lose grasp on their colonies
>>
>>61051890
>REGIS
wtf
wtf
wtf
>>
>>61056922
>le noble savage maymay
just top with this shit, clearly you're uninformed

For example, where I live, there used to be Hurons hundreds of years ago. When my ancestors arrived, the Hurons quickly allied with them (even before they did anything useful for the Hurons). Not once did the French battle with the Huron. The Hurons were also very quick to convert to Christianity.

You know who ended up genociding the Hurons and reducing Huronia to almost NOTHING? It wasn't the English. It wasn't the French. It was the fucking Iroquois, who had been trying to exterminate every single last Huron for at least decades, if not more. And they did so in horrific brutish manners which would make you think the act had been carried out by fucking dogs instead of humans. And today we have leftist retards such as yourself trying to portray the genocidal Iroquois as somehow being victims in all of this.

Now, I don't know the exact details of the Aztecs, and other aboriginals within Spanish America, but I have no doubts that they weren't so different than those where I live. So, in summary, fuck you.
>>
French revolution and Napoleon.
Then the USA had to come and kick the dead corpse again. Those fat motherfuckers.
>>
>>61051554
i could have been white in another timeline
>>
>>61057122
>but I have no doubts that they weren't so different than those where I live
Well, i know the Incas had a civil war that completely wrecked their empire and Pizarro only came at the very end to pick up the pieces, so that's that.
>>
>>61057122
you are a contrarian teenage white boy who knows absolutely nothing about history. You can't seriously believe that the death of 90 million native americans is because of themselves based on their own savagery

are you seriosuly that retarded to believe a few isolated incidents (that are uncited but Ill take your word for it) are proof that the natives killed each other?

Why is it that shortly after european arrival in the americas they started to die in disproportionate numbers? You fucking idiot, if it was them killing themselves they would have done it long before your white ass got there

You are literally such a contrarian that you dont acknowledge the most obvious facts about your own history

>so, in summary, fuck you

no fuck you you murderer. Today natives in canada specificially in the north have some of the highest suicide rates and poverty rates in your nation. im not saying this is your fault, but those who are silent side with the oppressors
>>
>>61051409
We joined in.
>>
>>61057292
>Why is it that shortly after european arrival in the americas they started to die in disproportionate numbers?
Illness?
It's a very well known fact that illnesses like even the common cold can be deadly to isolated tribes because they don't have any defense against them.
Estimates have it that as many as 90% of the deaths were because of illnesses like smallpox
>>
>>61057292
>Spaniards were bad people
And brits were worse
>>
>>61057292
>You can't seriously believe that the death of 90 million native americans is because of themselves based on their own savagery
No, most of the damage was from diseases. While this was very unfortunate, it wasn't a consequence that was even slightly foreseen by the French, and the French most certainly had no intentions of making their only allies (without whom the colony never would have survived) sick.

However, as soon as the Hurons started becoming sick, it was the Iroquois that genocided them. Again, NOT the French, NOT the English, NOT the Dutch, NOT the Basque. The Iroquois, and none other. They had been trying to accomplish this for a long time already, and soon as they saw the opportunity to genocide them, they didn't hesitate.

>that are uncited but Ill take your word for it
fucking google it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huronia_(region)
http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/huronia/

"After long conflict with the Iroquois, the Wendat/Hurons were almost exterminated by the Iroquois. The expelled remainder of the nation settled in exile within the territory of their French allies in Quebec with others dispersed to the territories of the present day US Mid-west.[1]"

>You are literally such a contrarian
says the one defending a genocidal nation

>Today natives in canada specificially in the north have some of the highest suicide rates and poverty rates in your nation. im not saying this is your fault, but those who are silent side with the oppressors
Yes, and I'm not denying that the various governments here greatly mismanaged the aboriginal issue. That, combined with major alcoholism problems, is what mostly lead to their present state. But this has little to do with your original claim that the Spanish committed "unspeakable atrocities" against the "noble" aboriginals.
>>
>>61057292
>3000 spaniards conquering america
>90 million of deaths

lel. the black leyend never die.
>>
>>61057292
>90 million
that was from disease before we had any notion of germ theory. Fucking Arabized retard.
>>
>>61051409
>no Alabama or Georgia
see me after class
>>
>>61057122

basically natives helped spaniards kill other natives as well
>>
>>61051664
kinda wouldn't mind desu
>>
File: 1454464166666.jpg (4 KB, 285x298) Image search: [Google]
1454464166666.jpg
4 KB, 285x298
The Spanish never understood economics or even a merchant economy for that matter.

They just cared about whose king and what.
>>
Ally with France.
>>
Religion made the Eshpañolesh obselet at economics
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.