[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does this image intimidate you? It should. The smartest people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: ARWU.png (51 KB, 691x619) Image search: [Google]
ARWU.png
51 KB, 691x619
Does this image intimidate you?

It should. The smartest people on the planet aren't in your country--they're in mine.
>>
File: 1372973302449.jpg (51 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1372973302449.jpg
51 KB, 500x500
>>60991210

The smartest people on the planet work at Google trying to make you click that ad.
>>
>>60991489
Well they can't be that smart if I can just block it in a few seconds
>>
>>60991210
How can non Anglos even get an education?
>>
>>60991210
Their smartness is your woe. Enjoy being exploited
>>
File: 1465215343791.png (15 KB, 333x333) Image search: [Google]
1465215343791.png
15 KB, 333x333
>be American
>get access to the best education in the world
>>
how does Harvard have a perfect 100 with the #2 not even reaching 80?
>>
>>60991660
you're australian though
>>
>>60991210
Yes. But they're Jews, not anglos. Not even memeing.
>>
>>60991210
Those universities are a joke they've been taken over by feminists and SJWs.
>>
>>60991764
this. kikes are like 2% of their population and make up c. 25% of Ivy League universities
>>60991720
Yeah, it's ironic reverse-banter
>>
>>60991966
And chinese and indians are like other 25%
>>
>>60991210
good luck paying for your marxist degree
>>
>>60991966
>>60992006
this is just muh diversity. over compensating because non whites are dumber, thats it
>>
>>60992012
If you knew anything about elite higher education, you would know a Harvard degree in Tranny Studies with a minor in Tweeting will pay more than virtually any degree from any university in your country
>>
>>60992028
it is harder for asians, whites and jews to be accepted into these universities and easier for everyone else.
>>
>>60992230
Because hispanics, blacks and abos are not slaves of muh uni degrees?
>>
>>60992230
>whites
nope, many of these schools have grandfather clauses where anglo saxons get in easiest
>>
>>60992360
That's more of simple corruption than anything racial. It's easy for Asians with family former alumni to get in too.
>>
>>60991210
Yes, the smartest people go to where they can get the most money, which is in most cases the US. The tertiary education is mostly equivalent in most countries, as long as they keep ethical standards and not just shit out good grades for shits and giggles. Especially Bachelor and Master students mostly learn theory anyways, which can be learned from books. And every retard can just copy a curriculum, so theoretically you can have the same learn effect in a run down shack in Kongo if they provide the books and demand as much from their students as it is the case in a proper institution.

What sets the US University appart is their vast budget for expensive doctorate and postdoc gadgets. But a student will literally get nothing from that.
>>
>>60992360
>Anglo saxon

Noone here cares about your specific special snowflake sub type of white.
>>
>>60991210
You also have the dumbest, so the cosmic balance is respected.
>>
>>60992583
anglosaxon is the true master race though
>>
>>60992583
i meant the people who were already established in these institution before affirmative action, and that's mainly anglo saxons and jewes. unfortunately for you the Chinese and Indians are powering through with raw ability.
>>
>>60991210
>rank based on number of publications done in english
>dominated by the 2 biggest english speaking countries

wow what a shocker
>>
>>60991210
Every country has a different definition of smartness anon.
Academia in various countries value different standards, and while it is true that academic performance is of high value in the USA, most of your graduates are groomed into a certain industry (most of the time it's wall street) where they will be worked like slaves because university has conditioned them to work to be above the rest. Many countries would rate that mindset as the pinnacle of stupidity. Plus, most of the time rankings are based on quantitative knowledge, as you can't easily rate qualitative knowledge, making the ranking half-meaningless.

tl;dr: define smart
>>
>>60992565
What sets US universities apart is that they're the main research centres in the country, whereas most other countries have independent research institutions for research.
Also all english language unis have a massive, massive advantage in these rankings because international presence counts for a lot and it's much easier to get foreigners to an english language uni than an italian or japanese language one.
>>
>>60991210
but my mom always says I'm smart :(
>>
File: Proofster1.png (49 KB, 1519x1000) Image search: [Google]
Proofster1.png
49 KB, 1519x1000
>>60991210
>How smart 1% of my students are reflects how smart my country is
This is why your country is this stupid.
>>
>>60992795
everyone can be ironic
>>
there's no way university of chicago is in the top ten if even i got accepted there
>>
>>60992739
>>rank based on number of publications done in english
Lmao, no it isn't?

I guess these are the kind of research skills they're teaching in Norwegian universities
>>
File: LMAO.jpg (92 KB, 702x338) Image search: [Google]
LMAO.jpg
92 KB, 702x338
>>60991210
>>
>>60991210
Cambridge is objectively better than any yank uni
>>
There's literally no need for an Ivy League school but for the networking involved. On a resume no one gives a shit for 99% of jobs
>>
>Universities are ranked by several indicators of academic or research performance, including alumni and staff winning Nobel Prizes and Fields Medals, highly cited researchers, papers published in Nature and Science, papers indexed in major citation indices, and the per capita academic performance of an institution
Seems like a shitty system. Harvard clearly hoards all of the Nobel prize winners and pumps out tons of research papers, even if they're not useful.
>>
>>60995193
This canĀ“t actually be the scoring criteria
Education quality and performance only make for 20%?
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.