[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain what's wrong with MUH HERITAGE?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: PINterest.jpg (8 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
PINterest.jpg
8 KB, 236x236
Can someone explain what's wrong with MUH HERITAGE?
>>
thinking you are a special snowflake apart from other citizens of your country for having a different ancestry
>>
Just my opinion on this:

If you are going to 'embrace your heritage', I highly suggest learning the language of whatever that country is, and spending as much time there as possible. To embrace a country's culture without knowing their language or actual culture is not a wise decision.
>>
>>60970626
Nothing, Europeans are just looking for things to laugh at you to feel better about themselves.
>>
It's an idealization of what you are not because you refuse to accept your true self
>>
Literally nothing
>>
>>60970626
Because it's special snowflake syndrome
You're an American, nothing more
>>
Well apparently, nothing.

But it's just, you know...

A bit, Gay.
>>
File: 1465222700833.jpg (57 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1465222700833.jpg
57 KB, 600x450
Americans and people from colony countries in general are mutts of multiple ethnicities and races. It's pointless to identify with one group more than the other unless your ancestry is 100% from that group.
>>
>>60970738
Thanks, my fellow Irishman.

Up the ra!
>>
>>60970802
sembra deliziosa peo
>>
File: my fugly ass ancestor.jpg (115 KB, 800x985) Image search: [Google]
my fugly ass ancestor.jpg
115 KB, 800x985
>>60970626
what's the point? Most whites are european mutts anyways so unless your grandma immigrated here recently you've got no real connection to the area

that being said I'm literally an english noble so pls gib land, pic related-it's my ancestor
>>
But what if I was born there
>>
>>
It's just banter. Nothing wrong or strange about being interested in your past beyond where you parents came from. Human nature and all.
>>
>>60970626
Nothing, unless you keep bringing it up constantly.
>>
>>60970918
>>60970835
This makes me proud
>>
>>60970626
Literally nothing, good on you for remembering your european roots.
>>
if scots and irish have the same heritage (celtic), why the irish were always treated like shit in america while scots weren't?
>>
>>60971116
cause brits
>>
>>60971137
This t.bh

The Scots weren't thought of as a Papist invasion like the Irish were either
>>
>>60971116
Scotts Irish were Protestants, it wasn't about Irish being Celtic at all, it was about religion. There was also mass immigration of Irish into major cities after we had become a country, while Scotts Irish came way before that and settled in the south.

It's similar to Americans having no problems with German Protestant immigrants but with Catholic Germans, it wasnt about ethnicity but culture and religion
>>
File: 1382784889682.jpg (3 KB, 125x118) Image search: [Google]
1382784889682.jpg
3 KB, 125x118
>>60970918
Ireland lives in me too but I have 0 Irish blood in me
>>
>>60971246
i hate "nationality weeabos".
>>
>>60970626
Because apparently being born here means we are so steeped in images and signs that claiming heritage in another culture is like claiming loyalty to a brand.
>>
>>60970626
It's wrong when you're 50% Norwegian, don't speak a single word of Norwegian, never been to Norway and yet you claim to be Norwegian, for instance
>>
Because 90% of ''heritage'' is culture not genes
>>
>>60970626
I'm Native American but I have a half chinese/half german parent and was born in Germany

I belong to my tribe and have US citizenship, along with a German passport, and speak English, German, and Cantonese.

I'm the weirdest fucking mix.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.