[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /int/ Long story short, my girlfriend and myself are planning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: asdfasdfasd.jpg (171 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
asdfasdfasd.jpg
171 KB, 1920x1080
Sup /int/

Long story short, my girlfriend and myself are planning on moving to Japan at the beginning of next year, primarily to tutor conversational English.

Basically, I'm curious as to how Japanese people, in general, react to foreigners. Any answers would be appreciated, be it from Japanese locals themselves or from anyone who's had similar experiences. Also, we'll be based in Osaka.

Thanks guys.
>>
>>60920587
I've heard English teachers like you are looked down upon.
>>
You gonna get discriminated by manlet beta Japs. Move to Mongolia - true jewel of Asia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Toq_rvKdfx4
>>
>>60920587
I'm told they react weirdly to blonde people.
>>
>>60920778

Any idea why?

>>60920793

That's pretty fucking awesome. The video that is, manlet betas, less so.
>>
>>60920587
>how Japanese people, in general, react to foreigners
non meme answer: they're polite always, albeit they need time to warm up to you
meme answer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uC4AUyju7k
>>
>>60920961
Heard similar things myself. Luckily for me I have brown hair.
>>
>>60921059

>non meme answer: they're polite always, albeit they need time to warm up to you

Speaking from personal experience or?

Also, that video is top fucking kek.
>>
>>60921175
>Speaking from personal experience
yeah, both first hand and second hand (i didn't make the trip to Japan but most friends did)
>>
>>60921560
Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated :)
>>
>>60921059
Seconding the non meme answer, from first hand experience.

Showing interest to their culture, language and customs in an non-weaboo/obnoxious fashion, is a big plus in their book in general.
>>
>>60921713
>>60921976
forgot to add that the young people are the most open. a couple of beers always help. and that nobody knows english for shit, so yeah never give up learning japanese if you want to talk to both young and elders. japanese language is not hard, just.. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG
>>
>>60921976

Well that's good to know, since I legitimately am interested in learning how the live and communicate and go about their daily lives (to name but a few aspects). It's as much a learning experience for me as it would be for any potential students. Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>60922127

That's something I've been trying to brush up on from what I've picked up in text books and general online shit, though nothing beats actual face to face conversation when it comes to learning a language.
>>
>>60920587
>my girlfriend and myself
You should learn English first
>>
>>60922536
indeed: immersion
tho this guy speaks the truth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8-YLAKW7DU&t=3m52s
>>
>>60922605
Stop trying to kill the Boers and their language you filthy anglo
>>
File: 987656789.jpg (15 KB, 591x603) Image search: [Google]
987656789.jpg
15 KB, 591x603
>>60922703
hmm
>>
>>60922605
Brit gets it.

OP, dude, stop.
>>
>>60922641
I'm heading home from work in a few, I'll check it out when I get home :)
>>
>>60922605
>>60922901

It's an informal conversation on the internet, who the fuck really cares?

Also >>60922794

It's a ruse. A cunning one.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.