[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Scars
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 8k4kVsd.jpg (517 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
8k4kVsd.jpg
517 KB, 1920x1080
It's sad how history leaves scars on countries.

For example in Poland we have old, often partly rebuild city centers, with commie blocks and new blocks all around because of WW1, WW2 and communism. Pic very related.

If it wasn't for 2 World Wars and a shitty political system the country might have looked so differently, but here wer are - scarred for at least 100 years more.

What scars did history leave on your countries "body" ?
>>
File: smug.png (513 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
smug.png
513 KB, 1280x720
>his country doesn't have the most well preserved historical cities in the world
>>
>>60917662
Yes. Yes it dosn't and it kinda fucking hurts Luigi.
>>
>>60917517
>If it wasn't for 2 World Wars and a shitty political system the country might have looked so differently

I serious doubt it

Even countries that had nothing to do with ww2 or communism have that "scar"
>>
Being the waste land of Europe meant we never got any interest from any one thus no investments were made here. Which is why we don't have much of old buildings.
>>
>>60917517
what city is that?
>>
>>60917718
Not as big. Here, sometimes, it's 90% of the town.

It's ugly, it makes you sad and there is literally nothing that we can do about it besides leveling the building and creating new stuff.
>>
We have a few parts of cities that are so undesirable due to poverty and crime that they literally can't give the houses away. Baltimore, for instance, has houses you can buy for a pittance - but for some stupid reason you'd have to pay the astronomical back taxes on them, making them just as expensive as houses in places where people would actually want to live.
>>
>>60917756
ToruĊ„
>>
>>60917844
I didn't realize how ugly it was. You only see the Old Town in pictures from there.
>>
>>60917517
Eh Torun wasn't really damaged in WW2...
>>
File: 20160617_144445.png (1 MB, 1008x698) Image search: [Google]
20160617_144445.png
1 MB, 1008x698
>>60917517

Do you guys want to see my scars?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.