[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Europeans, what are some American habits you just don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26
File: usa.png (924 KB, 1058x655) Image search: [Google]
usa.png
924 KB, 1058x655
Europeans, what are some American habits you just don't understand?
>>
Gonna guess pissing and shitting out of our cuntholes and sleeping with our shoes on
>>
debating politics in the street
>>
Europeans are completely Americanized, anything we claim will be a lie. We all aspire to be American
>>
File: 1262379160863.jpg (9 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
1262379160863.jpg
9 KB, 160x160
Starting conversations with strangers they meet on their way to work/on the street
>>
>>60888138
t. Micked on roots pilgrimage
>>
>>60888097
Getting shot, though we're learning about that one fast
>>
File: kuumottaa.jpg (24 KB, 314x364) Image search: [Google]
kuumottaa.jpg
24 KB, 314x364
>>60888171
This
>>
>>60888097
>Microwaving water to boil it
>Sleeping with your shoes on, basically never taking them off.
>Having to tip scroungers who have a shit job so they beg and pressure you into thinking then more money.
>Prom (never really understood why it's so special)
>Eating peanut butter and jam... it just sounds like it doesn't go.
>Black (literally it seems)Friday

That's all I can think of for now. Explain these to me.
>>
Price tags without tax included, really fucking dumb.
>>
>>60888171
>>60888212
How will you ever meet interesting people of you never meet new people?
>>
File: image.png (10 KB, 100x151) Image search: [Google]
image.png
10 KB, 100x151
watching primitively engineered cars make left turns for three hours while sipping pic rel out of red cups
>>
File: scared.png (149 KB, 278x240) Image search: [Google]
scared.png
149 KB, 278x240
>>60888171
this.
>>
I'm not european but the cinema clapping is weird as fuck
>>
>>60888171
Oh yes this; mind your own fucking business desu
>>
>>60888262
Yeah up in Alberta they just do it with Molsons
>>
>>60888258
>>60888258
>Price tags without tax included

Are these real ?
>>
>>60888136
Didn't you just have a series of massive strikes and demonstrations about some new labor law
>>
>>60888171
>>60888212
We are so friendly that Europeans even think that our personalities are "fake". I have no idea what makes Euros so cold
>>
>>60888261
There's a time and place for that and it's not on a cramped bus, or whilst I'm walking somewhere.
>>
>>60888328
tax is not displayed
>>
>>60888171
A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.
Hello, new friend.
>>
>>60888328
Pricetag one is at least.
>>
>>60888328
The tax one is real, yes. Businesses are too lazy to adjust it so the tax only shows up when you're ringing up at the end.
>>
>>60888295
I'm with you there. Makes no fucking sense.
>>
>>60888328
Yes from what yanks have told me. Also you gave that Norwegian my rightful (you)
>>
>>60888136
With friends? Happens all the time, it's healthy to sharpen you mind.

>>60888211
TOPS 400 people a year in mass shootings is a minute price for an absolutely free and sovereign state.

>>60888255
Microwaving water is stupid literally only only saw a black kid do that.
Nobody gives money to beggars anymore.
PBJ, that comment is bait, it would figure that a Brit lacks a tongue

>>60888262
Canadian posting

>>60888258
This is honestly fucking stupid, cannot and will not defend it
>>
>>60888261
i-is that step two
>>
>>60888333
demonstrations is not about debating, there's only one side screaming their shit while the others are at home or working. There is no confrontation, people let the other side express their opinion without bothering them.

I see a shitload of video showing people starting debate about trump, sexism, BLM and all kind of hot topics with total strangers. All the shit with people standing with sign waiting for confrontations too.
>>60888408
>With friends?
If it's with friend why are you doing it in the street ?
>>
>>60888255

>We find microwaves more convenient.
>Never heard of that one
>Because America is ass backwards, I don't know why we do it either.
>It's a meme
>They taste quite well together, depending on the brand of peanut butter and JELLY, not jam.
>American consumerism at it's finest.

Anything else Reginald?
>>
>>60888295
I've never experienced this.
>>
>>60888408
>Nobody gives money to beggars anymore.
I'm talking about waitresses, seems like you'd get shot for not tipping.

>PBJ, that comment is bait
It's not, guess I can't judge till I try it (will one day), but it just doesn't seem like it'd go.
>>
>>60888255
>>Microwaving water to boil it
Convenience. We don't have electric kettles and the microwave is easier than the stove.
>>Sleeping with your shoes on, basically never taking them off.
I've never even heard of someone sleeping with their shoes on unless they were drunk, sleeping outside and/or falling-down tired.
>>Having to tip scroungers who have a shit job so they beg and pressure you into thinking then more money.
Just a cultural thing, I guess. Many people worked those this jobs themselves when they were younger so I suppose they have sympathy.
>>Prom (never really understood why it's so special)
I have no idea. I never went to any school dances.
>>Eating peanut butter and jam... it just sounds like it doesn't go.
It's actually excellent if you use good ingredients but the common poorfag version (creamy peanut butter and grape jelly on wonderbread) is pretty lousy.
>>Black (literally it seems)Friday
Retailers kicking off the Christmas season. Thanksgiving is over and so they shift their marketing focus.
>>
>>60888479
If it true you lack roundabouts? I cannot fathom this..
>>
>wearing shoes inside
>taking long baths in a bath tub to clean themself
>talk to complete strangers on the street
>>
>>60888408
>Nobody gives money to beggars anymore.
I do.
>>
>>60888574
We're putting a few in here and there, mostly where there's slightly more traffic than a 4-way stop and not enough to justify a set of stoplights.
>>
>>60888574
Some places have them, but by and large we just use four-day stops and they work just as well; some large trucks might actually have trouble with smaller roundabouts.
>>
>>60888574
There's some where I live, but it varies by city.

The vast majority of stops are traffic lights.
>>
>>60888171
This so much
>>
>>60888136
nice riots

>>60888171
wrong, were all gay

>>60888211
DELET

>>60888255
>nobody fucking microwaves water
>nobody sleeps with their shoes on, thats a meme
>what are you even talking about?
>prom is dumb, ill give you that one
>i hate pb&j but alot of people like it. it tastes horrible
>i like having 90% off on a 200$ tv lad
>>
peanut butter is fucking disgusting, I don't know how americans do it

shame since it has so much protein in it
>>
>>60888693
Which did you try, creamy or chunky?
>>
>>60888341
>I have no idea what makes Euros so cold
Atleast for Britain (don't know about other euros). It's not that were trying to be harsh or cold, just that it's really awkward and feals fake and 'forced'.

Me and my brother when we were younger, would play a game when we were out, to go up to strangers and just see how long you could hold a conversation with them. This might just be me playing weird games though..
>>
>>60888598
>>wearing shoes inside
Why bother taking them off? Obviously if it's muddy outside or something then you would and putting shoes on furniture is unacceptable.
>>taking long baths in a bath tub to clean themself
Nobody does this unless they've been exposed to something foul (sewage, skunks, etc.) and need time to scrub it off. People take baths to enjoy the soak but even then they're not popular.
>>talk to complete strangers on the street
Most people only talk to others that look talkative. Look sullen and people will generally ignore you.
>>
>>60888693
depends how you make it

pbnj is pretty good
>>
>>60888693
You're a piece of fucking shit if you don't like peanut butter. Go die in a goddamn tire fire you limey sack of cock buckets.
>>
>>60888727
chunky is masterrace desu
>>
>>60888727
both
I tried expensive & cheap too

its genuinely just disgusting, I have to wash it down with like 4 glasses of water to get the taste out
>>
>>60888574
Not true. Were I live there are at least five in my city, and where I grew up there were plenty as well.

They are tucked away in neighborhoods though.

For reference I am in Midwestern America.
>>
>>60888693
Protip: peanut butter worth eating has nothing in it except peanuts, peanut oil and salt. The stuff with hydrogenated oil and sugar is fucking pig disgusting and reserved for white trash and niggers.
>>
>>60888793
Milk would have worked better.
>>
>>60888793
its a shame you're not allergic to it.
>>
>>60888759
>Why bother taking them off
I don't know if this is American laziness or if you're just this strange.
>>
>>60888793
Fair enough.

I'm not going to force you to like it.
>>
>>60888693
Allergy cuck detected
>>
>>60888766
Agreed,
>>
File: rööki-kibsu.png (49 KB, 521x426) Image search: [Google]
rööki-kibsu.png
49 KB, 521x426
>>60888097
>driving around in a fattie-scooter even when you could just use your feet
>getting your legs blown off in a marathon
>>
>>60888857
>Allergy
???????
>>
>>60888854
You don't have hardwood and role flooring, Nigel?
>>
>>60888854
>>60888920
*tile
>>
>>60888693
I fucking hate peanut butter.
>>
>>60888255
>microwave
I never use it to boil it but for tea and ramen, it's just quicker

>shoes
that's degenerate and I never did that

>tip
I agree, they should just pay them minimum wage, but for some places, tips are worth it just to have a friend that works there

>prom
literally haven't thought of mine in years until this post, it's utterly forgettable and hyped up to be this proto wedding

>peanut butter and jelly
go put some on toast right now, you philistine it's the snack of kings

>Black Friday
Is starting to die off thanks to Amazon, Best Buy and Target used to have the biggest events and people camped outside overnight and everything, now the lines as still long but it's not as crazy as it used to be, and I think it's only going to be worse as the years go by

It's mostly a New York thing where you see people with 100 shopping bags
>>
>>60888395
so how do you know you have enough money to pay for stuff, do you just guesstimate? When money is tight I have to go around and add up the cost of every grocery I plan on purchasing, having to figure out tax as well sounds like a real pain in the arse
>>
>>60888793
so you don't eat whole peanuts either?
>>
>>60888920
Yes I have laminate floors, but that doesn't mean I keep my shoes on. Shoes are an outdoor accessory not indoor.

Also what is role flooring? A carpet?
>>
>>60888963
>it's the snack of kings
>he never tried Nutella, peanut butter and banana sandwich
>>
>>60888986
peanuts taste like shit too
worst nut
>>
>>60888136
I thought that was a heavily French thing to do.
Or is it just striking, and other complaining things?
>>
>>60888995
It auto-corrected to that when I typed "tile".
>>
Not understanding per capita statistics. It isn't that complicated you thick fucks.

>muh 300 million multiculturalism
>>
>>60889006
i had the worst nut last night fucking ur mum m8
>>
>>60889006
Technically legume.
>>
>>60888171
>Euros are too autistic to talk to strangers
What made you guys this way?
>>
>>60888258
In theory, you're right
In practice, the tax is some dollar and cents more that you can just pay with another bill so it doesn't matter

For adults, everything 90% of the time goes to a credit card anyways, so most don't even count the extra pocket change out

>>60888295
People just get excited in movies

>>60888598
>shoes inside
I agree, it brings dirt

>baths
NOTHING is greater than a bath with some oil, nothing sexual at least, but that's after a shower

>strangers
people are usually friendly, the assholes are rare
>>
>>60889006
Peanuts aren't bad, but they're not the best. That would be either cashew or pistachio
>>
>>60889018
>>60888478
>>
College sports. I don't get why anyone would give a shit about some kids playing, but the leagues seem to be getting tons of media attention.
>>
>>60888255
>Microwaving water
Literally a poor person thing
>Sleeping with shoes on
I have never encountered this, and would kick them out if they tried it at my place.
>Having to tip
I agree, it sucks, but if you don't then the waiters don't get to pay their bills.
>Prom
It's almost a coming of age thing. It's usually more important to the girls than the boys.
>Eating peanut butter an *jelly*
It goes, and it is very delicious.
>Black Friday
Madness, disorder, and the only time I actually got close to fist fighting another guy. (He was the angry one though.)
>>
>>60888097
being obese, black and gay
>>
>>60889005
I tried a Nutella, Peanut Butter, and weed cracker
>>
>>60889109
>For adults, everything 90% of the time goes to a credit card anyways
This is something I don't get. Credit cards are ubiquitous in america. I hardly know people using them.
>>
>>60889125
It's a scam, promoters and colleges get insanely rich off it and the players (because they're students) make absolutely nothing
>>
>>60889112
If I get a vote, I'd go with cashew.
>>
The fact that every single thing in their society has been commercialized

Sports teams are franchises whose only aim is to make profit for their owners and every sports venue is brought to you by something like Duff McDuff Ultra Light Zero Fatâ„¢

They use genetically modified crops to feed their genetically modified livestock which is then chemically washed to make burgers for their franchised fast food restaurants

The fact that a guy on an FBI watchlist can walk into a gun store to buy an assault rifle with high capacity magazines without anybody giving a fuck until dozens of people lay cold on the ground

The fact that they're perfectly fine with than 1% of the people making 20% of the overall income while 13,2% of the population lives in poverty

The fact that college football coaches make on average over 10 times more than the highest paid professors

so basically everything
>>
>>60888854
I grew up on American TV and got yelled at for walking inside with my shoes on and have seen it exactly once. This nigga is weird.
>>
>>60889058
The non-autistic Europeans went to the USA
>>
>>60889112
cashews, pistachios and walnuts are great
>>
>>60889197
>The fact that a guy on an FBI watchlist can walk into a gun store to buy an assault rifle with high capacity magazines without anybody giving a fuck until dozens of people lay cold on the ground

That's a good thing though.
>>
>>60889112
You forgot macadamia.
>>
>>60889058
I tried this and got nothing, is it a rural thing?

>>60889197
You seem like a lefty that is insufferable to even your countrymen.
>>
>>60889168
Too many credit cards available with many different rewards and conveniences.

It's easier to pay one bill a month for all your basic needs and get some sort of points for it than to go to an ATM, get cash out, and break it down to bills and coins.

I like having some cash with me, but for a working individual, it's the one stop wallet that pays for what you need at the moment. Of course, unfortunately, this also leads to people with no control to get into credit card debt
>>
>>60889240
Florida doesn't do background checks. My state does.
#notallstates
>>
>>60888097
Drinking milk with pizza.
>>
>>60889334
That's... not a thing here. Maybe for young children, maybe.
>>
>>60889334
Did you see this in a movie or something? We drink beer with pizza.
>>
>>60889304
I get the convenience aspect, but why not use your debit card instead?
You essentially get the same out of it without being in a position where you can financially fuck yourself rather easily if you don't watch out.
>>
>>60889325

Background checks are mostly useless, so whatever.

If a person cannot be trusted with all their freedoms, then they shouldn't be out in public in the first place.
>>
>>60889293
politically closer to centre-right
>>
>>60889163
Imagine being a child that gets whatever he wants.

All he has to do is throw a massive tantrum.

That is being Black in America.
>>
>>60889325
>Florida doesn't do background checks
Yes it does if it's through a FFL dealer.

>My state
I bet you live in Commiefornia.
>>
>>60889325
Your state gave up it's basic rights to hassle law abiding citizens. Also all gunstore purchases must go through NICS Omar had clearances and checks that failed to catch anything after TWO FBI interviews. And you want this bureaucracy in charge of your rights.
>>
>>60889378
>>60889389
My sister's teacher told her that, and she told me.
>>
>>60889421
Points/miles/whatever the reward system is, plus credit companies tend to offer some kind of purchase satisfaction above and beyond the retailer.
Honestly if you pay the balance off every month anyway, you might as well put it on the card and build credit.
>>
>>60889462
Well, they're both misinformed.
>>
>>60889462
Oh, you must be talking about school lunches. For some reason they push absolute trash food on kids becasue it's cheap and give milk or juice as a way to make up for it or something.
>>
>>60889494
I guess that makes sense.
I personally use mine only when absolutely necessary, since I don't like owing something to somebody, but that's just me.
How much of a problem would you say is it in the US that people go overboard with their spending due to using credit cards?
>>
>>60888171
Tbh I do this. But only if I have something to talk about like if they have a nice car I'll compliment them
>>
>>60889197
>Sports
I don't know about any of that but it's entertainment for communities and sports venues are the first to help out during an emergency

>GMOs
The BEST thing to come to agriculture since plumbing, you mean.

Cheaper produce, longer shelf life, less pests, all by some tweaking that your body doesn't care about as it just burns it as carbs. Cheaper animal feed for more animal products because animal products are, pound for pound, the biggest nutritional bang for your buck. McDonald's just takes all of that and runs it through factories to sell it to you with high sodium and fats for a few dollars. This answers your poverty question, cheaper food.

>Guns
Gun stores are private businesses, some owner isn't going to call up the FBI for every costumer, rifles are very popular for hunting, nothing really prevents someone going to a gun store for hunting and getting a rifle like nothing prevents someone getting a bow and some arrows at a hunting store and later go and attack people.

Ideally, our country would be full of people who recognize the reality of guns and learn to use and keep their own guns for safety. Instead we have everyone do the opposite.

>le 1%
We have so much money going around, I believe New York City ONLY exists from Manhattan folks using their money for everything, until someone else starts their business or buys real estate from saving that money etc etc

The country works like that as a whole. Simple minded folk work every day and think that is their role, but what is really the case is that people work to provide a service to someone with more money than them, and what is supposed to happen is that they find these people and learn what they did to get there themselves. It's exactly how the restaurants work, a dishwasher cleans, the chef needs help someday and brings the dishwasher to do soups, 7 years later that dishwasher owns his own restaurant and vice versa.
>>
>>60889636
>How much of a problem
I'm not really qualified to guess, but it seems like people who can't manage their finances would be screwed even if they didn't load up their credit cards with debt.
I knew of a few people who maxed out their credit cards and only ever made the minimum payments every month. One of them basically became a NEET in his mom's basement just to stop being harassed by creditors.
>>
>>60889421
>debit
Because if you lose that, you now have a very annoying trip to make

Credit cards offer a layer of security, you lose it, one call and whatever charge it had from when you lost it is null and void, and you get a new card in the mail. Credit cards also work as a quick loan, if you don't have $5k in the bank but you have a $5k limit, go crazy. That liquidity is unmatched and is why credit cards still stuck around, it's money on demand until whenever you get billed. If you were an absolute madman, you could transfer the bill to new cards but I don't suggest that
>>
>>60888574
They're called 'rotaries' and they are fucking everwhere where I live
>>
>>60888651
What even are manners
>>
>>60888341
Sometimes they obviously are.
>>
>>60889636
Like the other anon said, it's VERY easy for people to fall into the trap because the minimum is so stupidly small

I'm talking about having a $1000 debt and being able to legally only pay something like $30 a month for it, now, for the entrepreneurial mind, that sounds FANTASTIC because now you can do some selling with a minimal bill to pay, but for people who buy a new CoD Gayman PC, they throw away their money on the interest. That's basically what the problem comes down to, many many many options available for money but not enough people who understand it's value.
>>
TIL Europe is full of anti social people
>>
>>60890356
You're the odd one out though. You're hyper-social.
>>
>>60890356
TIL US if full of normies
>>
>>60889197
>Sports teams are franchises whose only aim is to make profit for their owners
Yeah, that's another thing that baffles me, the whole relocation and rebranding of massive teams with thousands of established fans. How such a team can get any real fans after its relocation is beyond me. They've basically taking a huge dump on their local identity and community.

If a team like Leeds United were to tell their fans 'Sorry lads, but you guys are simply awful fans, and you're not making us enough money, so we've decided to rename our club Wildcats and move to Aberdeen to play in the Scottish Premiership, get fucked', there would be protests for months. In the US it seems like a city with a fancy enough stadium can just buy their place into the top leagues and no one bats an eye.
>>
>>60890287
The NEET I mentioned bought a plasma tv set on credit and paid the minimum balance every month. I asked him why, because it meant he was paying as much as 3x the price compared to just paying it off immediately; he couldn't construct a rational answer. He was a smart guy, he went to college and had a good job, he just blew through money as fast as he made it.
That's the problem; some people just can't consider what they buy on credit as money already spent.
>>
>>60888982
Simple math

>>60888255
Most are memes

>>60888295
Only clap if it's a good movie and they had a good tim
>>
>>60888910
>driving around in a fattie-scooter even when you could just use your feet
It's so our shoes aren't dirty when we get home. Who wants nasty carpets?
>getting your legs blown off in a marathon
America is a place where everyone who comes over contributes some of their culture, that one is what the Muslims provide.
>>
>>60888171
Why are white people so antisocial?

(I would have said autistic but that's ableist.)
>>
>pharmacies sell cigarettes

wtf
>>
>>60891223
There was a big blowback against advertising tobacco to children, so the cigarettes are all hidden behind the front counters in stores so high schoolers can't reach them

Basically, you have to be old enough to go to a pharmacy in order to find them. The pharmacies are for-profit, so they get to make a bit of extra cash too
>>
>>60888097

getting shot
>>
>>60888255
Sometimes you need to make tea fast and kettles too slow
Nobody does this
>Having to tip scroungers who have a shit job so they beg and pressure you into thinking then more money.
For some reason some jobs can get away with paying their employees less than minimum wage with the expectation that it will be made up in tips. If they don't receive tips their bosses are required by law to make up the difference.
It isn't teenagers just make a big deal out of everything.
Sounds like a you problem.
Degenerates and people that are still unaware of amazon.
>>
File: 1463982403580.jpg (23 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1463982403580.jpg
23 KB, 480x480
>>60888171
if you don't do that then you'll never talk to enough grills to get enough numbers to date and fuck women and have a remotely meaningful social life

unless your game is tight and you go to parties all the time or something, but even then you're talking to strangers
>>
>>60891223
CVS stopped selling tobacco products about a year or so ago, despite knowing they'd take a hit in revenue.
The others, as far as I know, still do.
>>
>>60891290
OP said Europeans, not canal trash.
>>
>>60888512
Not tipping is literally the scumiest thing you could do at a restaurant, literally Frenchmen tier. There's stereotype here for Frenchmen to be rude and not tip.
>>
>>60889197
>The fact that a guy on an FBI watchlist can walk into a gun store to buy an assault rifle with high capacity magazines without anybody giving a fuck until dozens of people lay cold on the ground

You can't though. One: assault rifles have been banned since the 80's, you need a special high-level licence usually reserved for dealers to obtain one. And two: SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.
>>
>>60891335
>kettles too slow
I've heard this is because of the vintage of your plug sockets, apparently they're not as high as ours or European.

Because i could probably boil a completley full kettle quicker than a bowl in a microwave here.
>>
>>60892368
We use stovetop kettles mostly, lad. Once had an electric kettle, it was godly.
>>
>>60888138
Makes sense, you're potatoland but potatoes are from the americas.
>>
>>60888255
Prom was created as another way to squeeze money out the greasy little shits they already force to buy "education". Its really just everyday jewry.
>>
>>60889293
It might be.

Here in rural Illinois that happens all the damn time.
>>
t. Texas
I get so much attention in Europe due to my accent and "Oooo Texas...cowboy" gawkers. After 5 years working in eastern Europe, I can't walk around with my shoes on anymore. I am infected with that, but I understand why. Imagine all the shit you walk through all day, and then walk on your carpet in your home...disgusting!
>>60889165
T'hell's a weed cracker?
>>
Why dont americans celebrate canada day?
>>
>>60888171
Most people don't do this any more, we are nothing but another huddle of misanthropic degenerates who lie dodge their way through life.
>>
>>60888255
Never heard of anyone doing this. Sounds like a ghetto thing.
Fucking disgusting.
Only waiters for me and the price is subsidized regardless.
Never went. Normie tradition desu.
Its amazing. Try it.
Consumerist cancer. Never been.
>>
>>60892600
Because you burnt down our white house while we were dealing with the limey shits.

Until Trudeau apologizes no celebrating.
>>
>>60888574
They are more of a upper middle class/rich thing here. My town has plenty and people bitch about them. No idea why because they are based.
>>
>>60892368
>Electric kettles
Never even heard of that I just have one I put on the stove.
>>
>>60892596
How much slav pussy you pull with your Texan shtick? Could I do the same but for New York instead of Texas you think?
>>
>>60888341
Young Normies are faking, everyone hates eveyone in schools, in fact pretty much anyone without grey hair is probably a grumpy beta shit stain.
>>
>>60888255
We don't microwave water
Nobody I know does that
Its a culture, they are meant to be tipped and are paid accordingly. Its just manners
It just is a thing I cannot explain it, it is important af
Its delicious you commie
Corporate hold over Christmas
>>
microwaves literally work by heating water, thats what they do. When you microwave something it cooks because the water in it gets hot. It makes perfect sense to vibrate water alone if you want to make just hot water.

Its literally high tech futuristic space technique of beaming energy directly into water.

But for some reason THATS backwards and passing electricity through a gigantic resistor to generate waste heat is somehow the 'right way'.
>>
>>60888295
No one does this.
>>
>>60889197
>Sports teams are franchises whose only aim is to make profit for their owners and every sports venue is brought to you by something like Duff McDuff Ultra Light Zero Fatâ„¢
>The fact that they're perfectly fine with than 1% of the people making 20% of the overall income while 13,2% of the population lives in poverty
>The fact that college football coaches make on average over 10 times more than the highest paid professors
No arguments here.
>>
why are you so obsessed with guns

just let them go, it's for the best
>>
>>60892737
Go see a major blockbuster release on opening night.
>>
>>60892780
they are required to preserve liberty
>>
>>60892824
I remember for godzilla everyone stood and clapped when he fired his laser.
>>
>>60892688
Europeans love New Yorkers because many European's perception of America is uneducated hicks outside of Cali, NY, and Texas, because everyone in Cali is a moviestar, everyone in NY is educated, and everyone in Texas is a cowboy
>>
>>60892870
If an actor dies after filming but before release, sometimes they get a goddamned standing ovation in the opening credits.
>>
>>60892780
You're joking, right?

America was founded long after swords had gone out of style. More than half our country's landmass was settled by frontiersmen.

Cowboys and guns are part of our mythos, they're even more romantic to us than knights are to you. We'll stop being obsessed with guns when you stop being obsessed with wars between Italian city-states.
>>
I don't understand how Americans can smile to strangers on the street.
>>
>>60892780
Because guns aren't our problem, violent oragnaized crime is. Also we keep them to infuriate faggots like you who think they know whats best for us, as you have no global authority so all you can do is critize the ones with power.
>>
>>60892935
It doesn't cost anything to acknowledge the existence of a passerby. A nod is sufficient.
>>
>>60892688
A lot. The town I was in was less than 100,000 people and you are a novelty by default. I got the cowboy and indian questions, do I have a hat or boots, my cute accent comments....it was fun. For you a New Yorker, I would say the same. The 3 biggest assumptions you get in EE is, are you from NY, Cali or Texas. There you go. You'd be fine.
>>60892871
This guy here.
>>
>>60892859

how do you intend to preserve liberty with the guns civilians are allowed to keep?

you see, back when the height of technology was a musket and artillery they indeed had some purpose in preserving liberty.

i think that possibility is long gone

>>60892928

>America was founded long after swords had gone out of style. More than half our country's landmass was settled by frontiersmen.

i fail to see why this has any bearing. Italy's unification is more recent and was possible thanks to guns aswell. We aren't obsessed with them, neither is any european country.

>We'll stop being obsessed with guns when you stop being obsessed with wars between Italian city-states.

Nobody here is obsessed with that. Do you actually think we are or was it an attempt to be witty?

>>60892948

>Because guns aren't our problem, violent oragnaized crime is

Every country has its crime, you happen to have more gun deaths per million people than other first world countries. It's a gun problem.

>Also we keep them to infuriate faggots like you who think they know whats best for us, as you have no global authority so all you can do is critize the ones with power.

I just asked why you're obsessed with guns. You're clearly the one infuriated here.
>>
>>60892968
It's tiring to smile to everyone you catch eye with.
>>
>>60893043
>French on holiday
How's Tunis?
>>
>>60892780
>this triggers the yankstain
>>
>>60893043
Its more of a regional thing. For example it would be silly to do so in NYC but in the midwest, where you are less likely to walk by many people, people are more likely to smile (not terribly common) or perse their lips or say hi. N You aren't expected to and its not like you are going to have a chat with them its just considered nice.
>>
>>60893043
I'm in djerba, I go there for pilgrimage every year. It's cozy, the beach is nice and there's still some good clubs, I like it a lot.

>>60893103
Okay, yeah if you tell me it'd be silly in NY I understand a bit more.
>>
File: 40SprintCar800px-DaveBlaney.jpg (84 KB, 800x640) Image search: [Google]
40SprintCar800px-DaveBlaney.jpg
84 KB, 800x640
>>60888262
I've used to be confused by this as well, in fact I never understood the appeal of sports in general, but I figured it out once on a Boy Scouts trip.

See, this one month, we went on a camping trip and whatever we'd been planning on doing fell through. I don't remember why, exactly, but instead we wound up going to a dirt track and watching buggies and those odd cars that look like pic related flying around in a circle really fast. We sat on the grass right next to the cage seperating us from the track, and every time they went by a wave of dust would fly up and get everywhere, including the inside of our uniforms. It was hot and loud, so a handful of us were feeling kinda bored and in general regretful of how things were going.

At this point I decided (I think I was 15 or so at the time) that I was done being bored. From this point on, I was going to root for the LIME GREEN car. And so I did, loudly, and I encouraged all of my friends to do so as well. After then, it was much more fun. By arbitrarily deciding that the LIME GREEN CAR was the best car and that the drivers of all the other cars were backstabbing sons-of-bitches, me and a handful of other fellows had a good time. We thrilled when it went fast and despaired when it went slow and yelled a lot either way and we had a blast. When the sprint cars finished racing (I looked them up, that's what these are called), I cheered for the lime green stock car instead. Some other people disagreed, but that was how I realized that enjoyment of sports mostly comes down to emotional attachment to the outcome, no matter what. It's dumb, but it can be (I think) dumb fun.

I still don't watch NASCAR willingly, though, but I can imagine if I had family that did or something I might
>>
>>60888793
drink milk instead my dude
>>
>>60891564

dont think your brain can process geography so dont fret it and just take the opinion
>>
>>60888255

Always ready to go, frontiersmam heritage you faggots would never understand
>>
>>60892996
By shooting threats to the constitution, or more correctly, keeping threats from being threats because they will get shot.

>more gun deaths
not really a relevant statistic. Suicides are counted in that, and its not like plenty of people shot wouldn't be stabbed or bludgeoned otherwise.

Almost 40k people die in the US every year from accidentally poisoning themselves. You dont say we have a poison problem.

The arguments against guns seems to fall under the idea that they arent useful for anything. But this is false. They are used to preserve liberty. They fill this function simply by existing and being in the hands of the populace.
>>
>>60893215
>Sleeping with your shoes on, basically never taking them off
Out in the woods, I live off the grid. Taking a nap? Yeah, I sleep with my boots on.

But if I'm retiring for the night, no, I would never put shoes in my bed.
>>
>>60891564
Shit bants
>>
>>60890068
Don't Americans have PINs attached to debit cards that are required for all transactions?
>>
>>60888295
I never experienced this up until a few years ago. I always thought it was ironic since it was always high school/college age people who were doing it.
>>
>>60893103
I live in San Diego and strangers tend to smile at me and I smile back to not be rude. Granted most times the strangers that are smiling are women. They probably happy to be in power these days.
>>
>>60888295
Basically only time that's happened to me is when somebody who helped make the movie was there and we were congratulating him.
>>
>>60892996

>how do you intend to preserve liberty with the guns civilians are allowed to keep?

>you see, back when the height of technology was a musket and artillery they indeed had some purpose in preserving liberty.

>i think that possibility is long gone

Why?

>Every country has its crime, you happen to have more gun deaths per million people than other first world countries. It's a gun problem.

When someone drinks and drives over a kid, do you blame the car?
>>
>>60893409
Only when you run your card as credit.
>>
>>60892780
SHALL
>>
>>60888303
Word. Albertan in the hizzouse
>>
>>60893146
i've been to a dirt track hundreds of times and it's always exciting. once a sprint car hit the outside wall, caught the fence, started flipping and flew about 100ft into the air, soared over the 30ft fence between the track and the nearby highway and then landed right in traffic causing a pileup of 5 cars and an amish horse buggy. nobody was hurt but holy shit that was insane. it's one of the craziest things i've ever seen in my life. sprints cars were banned from the track afterwards because they were just too damn fast. the track is so small and dusty that dust tornadoes start to form during each heat. they have to get huge water trucks and empty out a pond to keep the track wet every weekend. i actually raced my shitty beater honda(i was just a kid back then) during a spectator race and placed 3rd and won a shitty plastic medal and a free tickets for the rest of the year. it looked slow as fuck but my adrenaline was pumping so hard i was about to pass out.

anyways, dirt tracks are fun. i still go to see the modifieds and late models sometimes, but it's never the same as it was 15-20 years ago; too many safety regulations and speed limiters.
>>
Tipping every person that does something for you.
>>
File: e-w inverted usa.png (346 KB, 800x495) Image search: [Google]
e-w inverted usa.png
346 KB, 800x495
>>60888171
This is literally one of our most powerful tools in cultural integration of immigrants.
>>
>>60893609
It's not every person.
>>
Already been brought up, but tipping.

Over here you have to give exceptionally good service to get a tip at all, but in America it seems like you have to give exceptionally shit service to not get one
>>
>>60893616
Why is this making me so uncomfortable. I don't understand.
Please delete this
>>
>>60893616
This map makes me very uncomfortable for some reason.
>>
>>60893635
>>60893638
Weird.
>>
>>60888295
In my experience this only happens on a film's opening day, and even then it's uncommon. It's fun to be in an audience, even if you're not at a live performance.
>>
>>60888255
My mom used to do that to make tea. It makes the tea taste worse.

We don't sleep with them, but we don't take them off indoors very often. My dad used to tell me it was rude to not wear shoes in the house when you have company over.
They don't scrounge for them. But there is a social expectation that you tip. My friend made a point of not tipping and everyone got really mad at him.
I didn't go. It's becoming less prevalent culturally, I think. It used to be a reward, which of course means less now that every non-nigger graduates.
Try it. It does. It also has no nutrition.
It's before the Christmas shipments come through, so stores want to get rid of old technology before they can't get rid of it. It's since accelerated into a competition between stores to draw in the biggest crowds. Companies are starting to scale back because it's been getting out of hand (and possibly unprofitable?) Cyber Monday is only getting bigger now and a lot of stores and websites are extending their sales from Friday to Monday to break up the madness.
>>
>>60893670
>It also has no nutrition
What kind of shit PB&Js are you easting?
>>
>>60888171
only vagrants do this to me

usually to panhandle but sometimes they just want to talk
>>
Why do Americans dress so poorly? Like, I'm not expecting everyone to look like Gucci models but when you pictures and videos of kids in highschool or walking around supermarkets, they're dressed like they're not going to go outside.
>>
File: 1463440697306.webm (364 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1463440697306.webm
364 KB, 1280x720
I don't understand how some Americans genuinely prefer half baked pies/cakes.
>>
>>60893688
A thin slather of peanut butter and jam is hardly nutritious. It's mostly bread and sugar, you rube.
>>
>>60893616
>>60893635
>>60893638
It's like looking at it with fresh eyes.
I love inverted maps, I discover so much looking at them.
>>
>>60893768
Only if you're using shit ingredients.
>>
>>60893801
>peanut butter
>jelly
>bread
The best you can do is use Dave's Killer Bread for the protein and some high class chunky peanut butter and jelly. It's still pretty weak. Eat some fish or something, bro.
>>
File: flags.jpg (19 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
flags.jpg
19 KB, 236x236
>Every murricun hangs their flag on the front porch.
Reminds me of Germany in the 1930's.
>>
>>60893828
You're allowed to be proud when you win the war.
>>
Not being able to eat something unless it has 10 tonnes of sugar in it
>>
>>60893828
We don't do that except on holidays mate
>>
American 'chocolate'. When compared with Belgian Swiss and German the word doesn't even seem fitting anymore. Even British chocolate BTFOs it.
>>
>>60892996
>muh crime

Not if you're white.

I'm 2000, for example, the homicide rate for non-Hispanic whites was 1.8 (the UK's homicide rate during the same year was 1.7) the homicide rate for hispanics was 12.2 and the homicide rate for blacks was 20.8.

Other violent crime statistics are similarly proportional.
>>
Being content with ignorance
Bitching about having to read subtitles on movies
Doesnt mind frequent comercials and ads on tv
>>
>>60893910
Our lower tier stuff is shit, granted, but we have decent high-quality chocolate. It's not all hershey's shit.
>>
>>60893744
Nice b8
>>
Why no one from the U.S. seems to be able to order any food at all without changing atleast 2 thing per course.
Over the top patriotism.
The constant need to tell people about what its like in the U.S.
Trying to speak the language and not even bothering about pronounciation and speaking with your exact same accent and tone.
Why every other American man walks around in blue jeans, running shoes and a fleece sweater/jacket, with his sunglasses on his forehead, or he has a baseball cap backwards and his sunglasses on the brim of it.
Valley accent
Sending money to televangelists.
Joining weird cults.
Why everyone feels overly entitled to voice their ill founded opinions.
Why people join the military without being drafted.
Mentally unstable people getting british rich men(Simon Cowell/Gordon Ramsay) to yell at them and bully them on reality TV.

I'll let you know if I can think of any more.
>>
>>60893921
>Being content with ignorance
>Bitching about having to read subtitles on movies
>Doesnt mind frequent comercials and ads on tv
I try not to associate with anyone like that.
>>
>>60888258
>mfw I live in a state with no sales tax
>tfw no federal sales tax
Feels good.
>>
>>60893953
>Mentally unstable people getting british rich men(Simon Cowell/Gordon Ramsay) to yell at them and bully them on reality TV.

Colonial past

They rebelled against us but they secretly loved being bullied by redcoats
>>
>>60893971
Fuck you, Oregonian.
>>
>>60888097
School shootings.
>>
File: vgb.png (98 KB, 388x231) Image search: [Google]
vgb.png
98 KB, 388x231
democracy
>>
>>60893953
Alhæfingar eru ekki alúðlegar :/
>>
>>60888295
I almost never saw this in California, when I joined the Army and moved to Ft. Benning, Georgia, every movie in the cinema no shit started with the national anthem playing while a giant US flag waved on screen, everyone stood with a hand over his or her heart. When the music ended everyone clapped then sat down for film.
>>
>>60894022
Já, af því þessi þráður er bara fyrir komment um hluti sem ná yfir alla í bandaríkjunum
>>
Why they can't just eat healthy
>>
>>60888258
It's the same in Canada. Even worse, government liquor stores in British Columbia always had prices that included taxes but recently they changed it so the displayed prices no longer include taxes. What the fucking fuck are these fags thinking
>>
>>60894059
Ó, þá skil ég.
>>
>>60893953
>Why no one from the U.S. seems to be able to order any food at all without changing at least 2 thing per course.

It's a little annoying but it is alright to have food the way you want it. Even if that way is usually shit.

>Over the top patriotism.

It's fun.

>The constant need to tell people about what its like in the U.S.

See above.

>Trying to speak the language and not even bothering about pronounciation and speaking with your exact same accent and tone.

A lot of Americans don't even know they do this. I think it's a result of being generally untravelled and internationally uncultured, since international travel is pretty uncommon in a lot of the country. Also stupid people.

>Why every other American man walks around in blue jeans, running shoes and a fleece sweater/jacket, with his sunglasses on his forehead, or he has a baseball cap backwards and his sunglasses on the brim of it.

It's comfortable.

>Valley accent

Absolutely disgusting.

>Sending money to televangelists.

Stupid people.

>Joining weird cults.

Stupid people.

>Why everyone feels overly entitled to voice their ill founded opinions.

Stupid people.

>Why people join the military without being drafted.

Stupid people and/or patriotism.

>Mentally unstable people getting british rich men(Simon Cowell/Gordon Ramsay) to yell at them and bully them on reality TV.

Stupid angloboos.
>>
>>60894058
Is that a joke? I'm from California. Are you serious? I've been on airplanes where people clapped, but like.
>>
>CYBER MONDAY
>SUPER DELEGATES
>HYPER QUALIFIERS
>SUPER HYPER CYBER AWESOME SUPER BOWL ADVERTISEMENTS

why?
>>
>>60894062
A lot do, but in a lot of places, especially in middle America, there isn't a ton of access to healthy foods, especially for poorer families. Also we're lazy and fast food is easy and cheap.
>>
>>60894134
>Not that bad, it's a day of sales
>Stupid
>Literally what
>Capitalism fuck yeah
>>
>>60894058
what the fuck
truly the south is a third-world country
>>
>>60894134
>>CYBER MONDAY
Digital black friday, on a different day so they don't conpete
>>SUPER DELEGATE
The Democratic party is rigged. Oh the irony.
>>HYPER QUALIFIERS
Don't even know what this is
>>SUPER HYPER CYBER AWESOME SUPER BOWL ADVERTISEMENTS
No idea what this is either and it sounds suspiciously like a maymay
>>
>>60894134
>>CYBER MONDAY
Sales on electronics on that day.
>>SUPER DELEGATES
Party convention delegates not bound to vote the way the states do in the primaries, to keep the populists down and the party in charge of itself.
>>HYPER QUALIFIERS
No fucking idea.
>>SUPER HYPER CYBER AWESOME SUPER BOWL ADVERTISEMENTS
Now you're just fucking with me.
>>
>>60894160
I was referring to the constant use of some HURR SO AWESOME buzzword that you put in front of everything, even political things
>>
>>60894111
> Joining the military
> Stupid
Fuck around your whole contract, adventure if you're combat arms, have a cushy job if you're not, get paid well, have a low cost of living, get tricare for the rest of your life, pension, and schooling benefits

> stupid people
>>
>>60894134
>Super delegates
delegates that are above ("super-," from Latin: word-forming element meaning "above, over, beyond") the rest of the delegates in that they can vote how they want
>hyper qualifiers
The fuck are those?
>the rest
marketing
>>
>>60894189
Because Yanks are literally children with ADHD that need EPIC and WACKY things to keep them interested

That's why History Channel doesn't make history shows anymore
>>
>>60889025
In what way? Give me an example?
>>
YOURE FIRED
>>
>>60894280
Yeah that's the cobclusion I reached too but I wanted to hear the opinion of a Yank. What's pretty funny that none of them understood my actual point even though I made it quite obvious :D
>>
>>60888097

Why are Americans fucking allergic to so many things?
>>
>>60893635
>>60893638
Literally me too. What the fuck
>>
File: 1463874908254.jpg (41 KB, 523x409) Image search: [Google]
1463874908254.jpg
41 KB, 523x409
>>60894280
>>60894325
it's just companies competing for our attention
>>
File: 1417625224480.gif (817 KB, 200x233) Image search: [Google]
1417625224480.gif
817 KB, 200x233
Treating your guests like kings. I've noticed this in west Germany, too, when you have guests from there they expect to be pandered and have everything paid for. Around here in east Germany we try to be as hassle free guests as possible to make the host experience more pleasurable and therefore increase chances that someone wants to host again. If hosting is such a giant pain, why would anyone ever want to host?
>>
>>60888171
That shit weirds me out too

If someone walks up and talks to me i just assume that they're trying to sell me something. I can't imagine walking up to someone and starting a conversation, what would I talk about? Why am I talking to this guy? Maybe I'm just autistic
>>
Strike up a conversation with a stranger on the bus
>>
>>60894349
Sheltered life in the suburbs makes the kid's developing immune system have no contact with pathogens or foreign new things so it treats everything as a threat. Chronic use of medication for every ailment fucks it up even further. The best thing you can do for your kid is to let him or her get dirty.
>>
>>60894390
Because if you treat people well as guests, they'll treat you well as guests?
>>
>>60888097
Why do Americans pee in stalls so often even when there are lots of open urinals? I don't give a shit if they do or not, just curious because it's so common yet so weird
>>
>>60894423
I sit down when I pee
there's nothin that special about me
I'm just takin a wizz, mind your own biz!
why's everybody always starin at me?
>>
File: 2.jpg (36 KB, 640x432) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
36 KB, 640x432
>>60888171
>walking to work
I bought and restored a Camaro so I could drive there and avoid speaking to plebeians.
>>
>>60894423
It's proper to keep an open urinal between you and the next guy unless it's really crowded. We like having room.
>>
>>60894437
t. Sven Lincoln, proud 5th generation Swedish American
>>
>>60894393
big, new country leftover mate, its the same in australia. its a habit from when meeting new people you could talk could be rare if you were rural.
>>
>>60894421
But what if they dodge hosting you because hosting is turned into such a pain? Being a little forthcoming as the guest is a big help to the host without worsening your guest experience in any major way.
>>
>>60894390
I'm with the muricans on this one. Only savages don't treat their guests as better as possible.
>>
>>60894423
I personally will take a stall over a urinal if theres one stall free, not gonna stand and wait for a stall if there are urinals free tho.
>>
>>60888295
I haven't seen it happen much, but it's really annoying when it does. Especially since it's almost always a shit movie
>>
>>60889112
Pecan is my all-time favorite. Pecan pie, pecans in cereal... no idea what makes em so delicious.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.