[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does Britain still tolerate royal family? They inbreed, they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: The Queen Is German.jpg (65 KB, 625x371) Image search: [Google]
The Queen Is German.jpg
65 KB, 625x371
Why does Britain still tolerate royal family? They inbreed, they live off of the tax payers money and they just piss about going to party and shite all the time. Why not just hang them for shits and giggles then behead a couple of sand niggers to even it out.
>>
They are just a bunch of celebrities with no political power, they bring some decent tourism money since a monarchy is seen as something exotic.
>>
>>60884623
Fair point but I've only ever gone to England to see a football game or to hang out with lads I know from England because they are decent craic
>>
File: not quite.jpg (27 KB, 508x524) Image search: [Google]
not quite.jpg
27 KB, 508x524
>>60884530
Britain is a parliamentary democracy therefore we need a figurehead head of state who is not the Prime Minister.

Royal Family costs public money and is very popular with the public
A British President would cost public money and the idea is very UNPOPULAR with the public

Hmmm why does Britain have a Royal Family? I wonder. It's a mystery.

...Do the maths, as they say
>>
>>60885087
I should add that a (powerless) British President - and his/her family - would cost much MORE money than the Royal Family because elections are bloody expensive.
>>
>>60885087
>>60884530
The Royal family doesn't cost us money. George III gave control over the Crown Estate to the Exchequer in return for an annual grant from the British government to the Royal family. This was more recently changed, so now the Royal family recieves 15% of the revenue from the Crown Estate, and the remaining 85% of the revenue goes to the Exchequer.

They actually pay us, rather than the other way around. I'm sure the British public could seize their public and private estates from them if we wanted to and also have that last 15%, but we don't want to.
>>
File: 23673737.png (50 KB, 685x610) Image search: [Google]
23673737.png
50 KB, 685x610
We should hang Republicans for shits and giggles
>>
>>60885386
We get a net financial benefit, but they do get public money. As a monarchist I have no problem admitting that.

Also you got it slightly wrong, the Royal Family still have significant private property/land holdings across the country which the government has no right to seize.

For example, Buckingham Palace and Windsor Castle are part of the Crown Estate (i.e. belong to the Taxpayer) but Balmoral and Sandringham are the private property of the royal family
>>
>>60885386
Everyone always repeats this crap. The crown estate is not the Queens personal property; it belongs to the crown and therefore the state. When Edward VIII abdicated he had to give up the palace and the rest of the estate, as should any future monarch in the case of a republic.
>>
because for some people tradition is important

Plus, they attract a lot of tourists every year
>>
>>60888324
Politicians come and go. The Royals remain. They act as dampeners and escape valves for political extremism. They introduce decorum and respect for following protocols and process. They are the last refuge of the massess against dictatorship and tyranny. Above all, they are the avatar of your nation. The person you pledge allegience to. Not some demagogue fat off the pork barrel. Republics will never understand this.
>>
>>60885460
>LEAF
>>
>>60888868
lol
>>
Believe it or not, they're some of the last bits of sanity in your fucking cucked country.
>>
File: 1465287847736.jpg (63 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1465287847736.jpg
63 KB, 700x700
>tfw out tax money pays for their visits to Australia

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPUBLIC WHEN?
>>
File: malcolm prepbull.jpg (212 KB, 1324x878) Image search: [Google]
malcolm prepbull.jpg
212 KB, 1324x878
>>60892412
republicucks >>>/out/
>>
>>60885460
>lion strangling the leaf
nice
>>
because la reine le veut
>>
File: 97843831_Astra_287172b.jpg (82 KB, 780x520) Image search: [Google]
97843831_Astra_287172b.jpg
82 KB, 780x520
I think the cognitive dissonance the Brits have that major British politicians and media figures were heavily involved in pedophile rings but none of the royals were is pretty funny
>>
>>60884530
For what little they cost they probably bring in millions in tourist money.
>>
they make more money (from tourism) than they cost

and they increase national unity
>>
>>60884530
>They inbreed, they live off of the tax payers money and they just piss about going to party and shite all the time.

I thought you were talking about paddies.
>>
>muh crown estates
don't belong to them and never will
>muh tourists
france and german palaces get tourists just fine
>muh tradition stretching back 'undreds of years
like witch burning

tldr cucks like being ruled by an unelected old german woman
>>
>>60892412
t. Abdul from Melbourne
>>
>>60885386
>I'm sure the British public could seize their public and private estates from them if we wanted to
Not while they're still head of the armed forces... I know more serving and ex-squaddies who support a monarch than they support our government.
>>
>>60897754
Piss off Seamus. As >>60885087 said the alternative is no better.
>>
What happened to the Irish royal family?
>>
>>60884530
>Why does Britain still tolerate royal family?

The alternative is to be like Ireland. A nobody on the international stage.
>>
>>60897850
They were nothing more than clan leaders who amounted to nothing. Once Henry came along it was over for them.
>>
Britons are classist, racist and uptight and love all those sissy things about Royal Family, Royal Events and such blah, blah, blah... pathetic as it may seem, it's part of their cultural background.

tldr; It's their culture and we ought to respect it
>>
>>60898763
Coming from a guy whose culture involves dressing up in tights and flinging about a cape to "fight" bulls that have been bled out to make them weak. And whose country didn't get involved in WW2 because regardless of what side they were on, they'd have got their fucking asses handed to them. In fact your country is so shit at fighting they had to take in Irishmen to fight in their civil war.

You want to talk about classism and racism? Look up casta.
>>
>>60898901
>Coming from a guy whose culture involves dressing up in tights and flinging about a cape to "fight" bulls that have been bled out to make them weak.

Not a thing in my region so I could care less.

>And whose country didn't get involved in WW2 because regardless of what side they were on, they'd have got their fucking asses handed to them.

Spanish Blue Division fought real soldiers, not the sissy leftovers from the western front with the help of America because by yourself you would have never had the balls to invade nazi France or the pasta eaters in Africa. They were regarded as the bravest against the russians. They even endured -40ºC and defeated a bigger russian army. You are lucky to be ruled by normans because the anglo scum that forms the 90% of your nation are drunkards that need the strongest nanny state in the World to keep you in line.

>You want to talk about classism and racism? Look up casta.

Butthurt poorfag that can afford to go to the uni detected. Casta system was a thing 200 years ago not today, Nigel, while classism in the UK is still a big issue.
>>
>>60899019
>Not a thing in my region so I could care less.
Sure it's not. It still goes on though. Barbarous blood sport loving fuck wit.

>Spanish Blue Division fought real soldiers, not the sissy leftovers from the western front with the help of America because by yourself you would have never had the balls to invade nazi France or the pasta eaters in Africa. They were regarded as the bravest against the russians. They even endured -40ºC and defeated a bigger russian army. You are lucky to be ruled by normans because the anglo scum that forms the 90% of your nation are drunkards that need the strongest nanny state in the World to keep you in line.
The last time the Spanish were involved in anything of any merit was the 19th century and you got your ass handed to you by the Americans.

>Butthurt poorfag that can afford to go to the uni detected. Casta system was a thing 200 years ago not today, Nigel, while classism in the UK is still a big issue.
If you don't think classism exists in Spain today you're a moron.
>>
>>60899161

Hey Bobby, don't be so tight and have a tea sip!
>>
>>60899796
>If you don't think classism exists in Spain today you're a moron.

I'm not trying to annoy anyone but I didn't know what real classism is until I knew a Briton
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.