[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Foolproof way to learn any language: >learn 300 most common
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: cool pepe.jpg (6 KB, 227x222) Image search: [Google]
cool pepe.jpg
6 KB, 227x222
Foolproof way to learn any language:

>learn 300 most common words
>read newspapers
>watch tv
>you will figure out the subtle nuances of sentence structure
you are now a master of the language

works every time

Find a flaw
>>
But chinese has like 30000 words and 4 different ways of pronouncing same syllabus
>>
>Find a flaw

You have to learn 300 words and read a foreign language
>>
How long would you say it takes to learn 300 words tho?
>>
OP, I've been trying to learn Irish. Would this method work for Irish?
>>
>>60875398
>foolproof
>>60875421
this is for people who WANT to learn another language
>>60877210
1 week if you're committed
>>60878084
>works for any language
>>
>>60875199
German cases
>>
This only works if the language is similar to your own.
It won't work to learn Japanese.
>>
File: cool guy.png (74 KB, 227x222) Image search: [Google]
cool guy.png
74 KB, 227x222
>>60878169
>>60878387
works for any language
>>
>>60875199
american """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""education""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" system right here
>>
File: cool frog.png (74 KB, 227x222) Image search: [Google]
cool frog.png
74 KB, 227x222
>>60878514
yet you point out no flaws
>>
heh
>>
>>60875199
How many languages can you speak?
>>
File: cool frog pepe.png (74 KB, 227x222) Image search: [Google]
cool frog pepe.png
74 KB, 227x222
>>60884773
>foolproof
>>
hehe you're a funny guy, I'll try it, thanks.
>>
Good thread.
>>
How do I find out what those 300 words sound like?
>>
>>60887202
It's not a joke. I'm super cereal.
>>
>>60887295
There's this nifty newfangled thing called "the internet".
>>
>>60877210
My profesor of ancient Greek gave us 20 verbs, 20 adjectives and 20 nouns three days before tests. E-learning 300 most commonly used words, taking into consideration that there will probably be a good amount of nternationalisms (IE languages shared heritage especially), I'd say 10-14 days. I'm talking about really soaking them in and ending up forgetting 30% of them in the course of next month
>>
>>60887376
so I just listen to some microsoft sam nigger say it or trawl through a bunch of youtube videos?

sounds like a mess
>>
>>60887433
Nothing worth doing is easy, my son.
>>
>>60887433
Podcasts and Memrise, if you want authentic speakers
>>
>>60887565
>memrise
more like memerise

:^)
>>
>>60887202
I know you're serious about your method, the funniness was from the character of your succinct and confident responses in the thread :)
>>
oops meant>>60888752 for >>60887322
>>
>>60887295
forvo.com

Thank me later. If you wanna be a real pro change your browser search engine to DuckDuckGo and whenever you hit a word you don't know anywhere you can just "[ctrl-t] !forvo _____" and voila there you have it.

Forvo is actually above and beyond some other sources because it'll actually show you on a map where each speaker is from, so you can get a sense of different regional accents.
>>
>>60875199
It's a good supplement to taking a class, yes. Your average adult doesn't simply "pick up on" complex grammatical structures, especially if its not similar to their native language. Sorry, there's no magical easy way to learn a language. Studying grammar books and rote memorization is necessary. You're just gonna have to buckle down, open a book, and study the grammar, and it will be difficult. Of course, once you have some basic knowledge, native material is necessary. And learning the 300 most common words is basically required. You're not introducing anything new here.

t. Someone who speaks 7 languages.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.