[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I spent some time talking to my British m8s, did some reading,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: brexit.jpg (36 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
brexit.jpg
36 KB, 800x450
I spent some time talking to my British m8s, did some reading, and I came to conclusion that the whole Brexit thingy may be the most ill-advised, poorly-thought decision the UK may ever take.

It seems that most of grievances that the Britons have against the EU have more to do with domestic issues that something actually relating to Europe. Many of these grievances do not even correlate with things that the EU has actually no authority over, migration policy being the most striking example. It seems more to me that the EU was something that the British politicians conveniently used to dump shit over whenever some controversy arose. You know, classic blame-shifting, knowing that the public won't bother to check the facts.

Even more bizarre thing to me is that the British voters both want to have their cake and to eat it. While they want to be outside of the EU, they at the same time take for granted all the benefits that the EU brings and under no circumstances they want to part with these benefits. By this I think things like the free movement, the right to settle or work whenever they want, or the free access to the common market.

But the icing on the fucking cake is that Britons think that the world awaits them if they leave the EU. That they will somehow conclude trade deals on equal terms with the US, China and whoever the fuck else. Completely as if they though that the Empire still exists at that they are still a world's superpower.

tl;dr: Vote as you like, Brits. But I think that you were completely duped into Brexit. By Murdoch and predatory politicians.
>>
>>60826869
oh please. The brits just want better position on immigration.

And what better way to get it than scaring the shit out of EU by threathening to leave ?
>>
>>60826869
>Poland

Kill yourself
>>
>>60827066
Immigration policy is NOT under EU's jurisdiction. It belongs completely to each member state.

The while shitstorn with migrants that started last year was because Merkel unilaterally opened Germany's doors.
>>
>>60827192
All I hear are euro shits talking their gibberish language.
You can keep your shit eu I'm voting out.
>>
>>60826869
t. pole
>>
>>60827192
Don't be sad, this is their decision. Soon when their economy will collapse after brexit we will have british plumbers here and they will work for less than poles.
That will be good for our economy.
>>
>>60827192
>Immigration policy is NOT under EU's jurisdiction. It belongs completely to each member state.
open borders within the EU is what we want rid of
>>
>>60827606
>open borders within the EU is what we want rid of

You don't have it actually, you are not part of Schengen.
>>
>>60827365
>Soon when their economy will collapse after brexit

Ah yes

When we lower corporation tax and get all the businesses here
>>
>>60828125
>When we lower corporation tax and get all the businesses here

You Brits are indeed deluded.
http://www.businessinsider.com/study-tax-cuts-dont-lead-to-growth-2012-9
>>
>>60828125

>le trickle down economics

Well meme'd
>>
>>60827837
we do though, we have to allow any EU national to live and work in our country

schegen is just no passport controls
>>
>>60828970
>we do though, we have to allow any EU national to live and work in our country

Brits have the same rights and use them extensively. How many Brits live and/or work in other member states?

As far as I know, Brits love to be able to live and work abroad and wouldn't love to part with that right. Again, to have cake and to eat it.
>>
>>60828125
nah they'll go to ireland who already does teh same thing while also being connected to EU institutions
>>
>>60829547
yes i am aware of that, thing is people use it in our country much more than we use it in other countries

and the people who come to our country are scummy eastern europeans who contribute a whole lot of fuck all
>>
File: you know.jpg (96 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
you know.jpg
96 KB, 1280x720
>>60826869
>Britain leaves
>Loses all of its rights to Euro forex trading (yes, they get all the profits from Euro forex trading)
>new European financial capital is now Amsterdam because of it being the best-equipped (best infrastructure, lowest ping) for the job
>Second dutch golden age due to inferior Brits on the world stage

Please vote out.
>>
Whatever the outcome is, it will be entertaining. If remain wins the butthurt of British posters will be eternal. If leave wins the UK possibly splitting up and the economy going down the shitter (and the EU inevitably getting the blame) will be entertaining to see.
>>
>mention vague factoid about voting /out/
>'it's not a good idea to say 'stick it' to a primary trading partner without a good idea of the alternative'
>'voting /out/ won't magic away filthy dirty scary immigrants and usher in Merrie Olde England like on the biscuit tins', etc
it's like nobody cares about anything besides WE WANT ARE CUNTRY BACK. like, an 'at all costs, any costs' thing, and it's infuriating
>>
i'm going to vote myself out of your club, but i'm still going to invite myself in and use the hot tub and sit at the Big Boy table, because ha ha i know you love me and we're besties :x
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.