[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you have a fascination with geography?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
Do you have a fascination with geography?
>>
>>60804809

>Africa
>Asia
>Australia
>America
>Antarctica
>...
>Europe

Reminder that Europe is a political construct and not a fucking continent.

Also, yes, slightly.
>>
Yes, I love looking at world map and our local map. I can stare at a world map for 30 minutes without getting bored at all.
>>
>>60804809
haha scandinavia looks like such a penis :D

svalbard is pretty interesting tho
>>
>>60804882
Europe clearly protrudes from Asia and has specific boundaries. It's a continent.
>>
>>60804919
why isn't Scandinavia a continent then?and what about Arabia?
>>
>>60805008
Europe is big enough
>>
>>60804882
t. retard
>>
File: tectonic-plates-map-world.png (55 KB, 800x407) Image search: [Google]
tectonic-plates-map-world.png
55 KB, 800x407
>>60804919
Europe is a political construct. Geographically, Europe is connected to Asia and Africa, hence Afro-Euroasia. Even by going with the idea that continental plate boundaries determine the boundaries for continents makes Europe and Asia one continent.
Therefore, Europe can't be a geographical construct, but instead a political/social construct to differentiate white people with non-whites and christianity vs. non-christianity, etc.
>>
>>60805306
more like cultural construct
>>
>>60804915
Me too. Old maps are even better, so you can see what they knew at that time.
>>
please replace Scandinavia with Fennoscandia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fennoscandia
>>
Not really, no
>>
>>60805392
American/10
>>
>>60805365
The older, the better. How one's country changes its political border through time is very interesting.
>>
>>60805424
I used to be then I figured it's pretty pointless
>>
>>60804809
No I'm not autistic like most of /int/

The fuck do I care about peninsulas archipelagos and island shits?
>>
>>60804809
yes
>>
>>60804809

Yeah I can learn about all the different places where cunts live
>>
>>60805496
>No I'm not autistic like most of /int/

/a/ is full of scholarly men who discusses philosophical things and shit, you should go there instead. Sorry if geographies and actual /int/-related discussion counts as "autism" in your own vocabulary.
>>
>>60805496
Stay pleb and go to /b/
>>
>>60805306
You did not address he context of what your responding to.

If something in reality has been constructed in someone's mind politically and has been propagated politically, that does not necessarily mean the conclusion is false.

Europe is not a non-continent because it is connected to others. The first time in history that lands were named continents was when the Americas and Oceana were discovered after centuries of geographical study only dealing with connected continents.

Tectonic plates are useful for geology, not general observation based geography.

The fact that Europe is connected to other continents and has been used for political reasons does not sufficiently disprove its status as a continent.

I could say glass can injure people while being biased against sand and sand made materials but that wouldn't make me wrong that glass injures people.

The conclusion that the very concept of Europe being a continent is a racially/culturally based issue is both a black-and-white fallacy and a politically based conclusion.
>>
i'm obsessed with political geography, it's what drives me to waste so much time on this board
>>
>>60805506
rare
>>
>>60805623
Sorry bud but I ain't no fan of animu. Lmao nigga I know more shit than most users here but I choose not to be an autist and I actually choose to have fun
>>
>>60804915
>>60805365
>>60805445

I hope you are serious and not joking/using sarcasm, because I totally understand what you mean and feel the exact same way.
>>
File: 1462141893233 (1).jpg (95 KB, 792x632) Image search: [Google]
1462141893233 (1).jpg
95 KB, 792x632
>>60806348
another collector
>>
>>60806413
>>60804915
>>60805365

Old maps are great
I live in the middle of London, I sometimes look at old maps of my area and wonder what it looked like

It's strange how it was all countryside at one point
>>
>>60806348
>guam rare

Summer sure is nice.
>>
My village 100 years ago, oldest map available.
>>
>>60806413
No sarcasm. I love detailed world maps pinned with bunch of randomly-located cities. I guess I had Civ4 to blame for giving ne this kind of unusual interest that I had towards maps
>>
>>60805306
I like how this map splits up the world
>>
if you liked geography you wouldn't use a crop of the fucking mercator projection when posting a map of europe
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.