[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FOLKLORE FROM YOU CUNT THREAD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 20
File: mula-sem-cabeça-5.jpg (31 KB, 320x318) Image search: [Google]
mula-sem-cabeça-5.jpg
31 KB, 320x318
>>
>>60786872
That some kind of pokemon in your pic?
>>
You must let the sauna gnome have the first round of löylys or else he kills you:D

Or that was the explanation befote carbon monoxide was discovered.
>>
File: 20160422.jpg (26 KB, 544x403) Image search: [Google]
20160422.jpg
26 KB, 544x403
>>60786872
>>
>>
File: FUG.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
FUG.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>>60787025
>before carbon monoxide was discovered
>>
>>60787025
cool. tell us more folklore
>>
>>60787025
Bretty gool sauna folglore :-DDD
>>
gnome bros
>>
>>60787025
Auschwitz was plagued with gnomes then
>>
>>60787254
Gnomes are cunts, they piss into milk when you're not looking, that's why it goes bad.
>>
>>60787381
u gotta be nice to them and they will be nice to you
>>
File: Parkln.jpg (68 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Parkln.jpg
68 KB, 600x400
We have the standard alpine and Central European folklore, as well as many Slovene specialities. The Central European or alpine specialities I would mention are parkelni (Slovene version of Krampus - we have several instead of just one like the Austrians and the Bavarians) and divja jaga (the wild hunt) and the most well known Slovene thing is kurenti, which come from a lesser old Slovene deity, Kurent, who was a joker and a prankster. The kurenti are in a way similar to parkelni except they wear white/gray furs and cowbells and their job is to scare the winter away. Scaring away winter is also the purpose behind pust, a holiday when people dress up in costumes. That's also the time to eat doughnuts with marmelade. There are other things I could write about but only if people are interested.
Anyway, pic related: parkelni with their "prey"; they catch people, often tying them up or putting chains around them and then making them pray.
>>
File: boto_cores532323.jpg (19 KB, 400x360) Image search: [Google]
boto_cores532323.jpg
19 KB, 400x360
We have this pink dolphin with downs syndrome that becomes a man at night and rapes our wives.
>>
>>60786872
We have watermelon heads, pretty sure it was actually true, but where i'm from theres a story about a family of people who lived in the middle of the woods and would stalk around and follow children and abduct them or some shit, but their heads were big like watermelons, fleshy, veiny and tiny beady eyes. dunno the what its all about just know we talked about them as kids
>>
File: 1387539813867.jpg (193 KB, 500x355) Image search: [Google]
1387539813867.jpg
193 KB, 500x355
>>60787179

There's also Nuuttipukki. He's kinda like the Santa Claus in American mythology, but instead of bringing gifts, he brings you a bundle of sticks and shreks the house that fails to provide him munchies and alcohol.
>>
File: 518.jpg (173 KB, 1280x758) Image search: [Google]
518.jpg
173 KB, 1280x758
>>60787932
We have something similar, a spirit that possesses a pile of hay, becomes a Yule goat and visits farms, inspecting the cleaning and demanding booze, lest he wrecks the place.

There's also the Deildegast, a ghost of someone who tried to move border stones to get more land, and is condemned to attempt to move the stones back to their original location, always failing at the last moment and letting out a shriek. Usually heard in the forest, so probably this is the shriek of owls in the night that led to the legends.
>>
File: 0168.jpg (9 KB, 320x169) Image search: [Google]
0168.jpg
9 KB, 320x169
You mustn't go to river or sea during Urabon'e (Buddhism event)
Because it's the time when your ancestral spirits come home from the afterlife that gate is the other side of sea and river, if you swim or have a fishing, you would be caught by evil spirits.
>>
File: 1257278523484_f.jpg (57 KB, 500x320) Image search: [Google]
1257278523484_f.jpg
57 KB, 500x320
Imbunche: According to legend, the invunche is a first-born son less than nine days old that was kidnapped by, or sold by his parents to, a Brujo Chilote (a type of sorcerer or warlock of Chiloé). If the baby had been christened, the warlock debaptizes him.

The Brujo chilote transforms the child into a deformed hairy monster by breaking his right leg and twisting it over his back. When the boy is three months old his tongue is forked and the warlock applies a magic cream over the boy's back to cause thick hairs. During its first months the invunche is fed on black cat's milk and goat flesh,[1] and then with human flesh from cemeteries.[2]

Besides guarding the entrance to the warlock's cave, the invunche is used by warlocks as an instrument for revenge or curses. And, because it has acquired magical knowledge over its lifetime spent guarding the cave, even if the invunche is not initiated on wizardry, it sometimes acts as the warlock's advisor.
>>
>>60789945
Why break his leg?
>>
>>60786872
>>
File: Confused Pepe.png (26 KB, 780x780) Image search: [Google]
Confused Pepe.png
26 KB, 780x780
>>60790230
>Frogman
>>
>>
>>60790001
Obviously so he doesn't escape.
>>
>>60789945
Gracias, I'm gonna use it when I GM something fantasy.
>>
>>60790230
>Batsquatch
Are you fucking serious?
>>
>>60790001
so he can't escape, and to make him lose his human appearance.
I found more information: "When a witch wants to enter the cave guarded by an Invunche must make a reference and give a osculus nigrus (black kiss, kiss on the anus) similar to that European witches gave the devil when seen in their covens."
>>
>>60787179
>paraguay
>india
>bulgaria
>>
File: 220px-Suushi_Inugami.jpg (12 KB, 220x153) Image search: [Google]
220px-Suushi_Inugami.jpg
12 KB, 220x153
Inugami is the spirit of dog that possesses to curse. It's popular in Kansai area.

How to make Inugami
You lock a hungry dog up and put food in front of it. When the dog is dying, you chop its neck, and the head flies to bite food.
You burn it, put the bone into a container, hide it in the cabinet or under the floor. It will be your Inugami.
How to work Inugami
Once Inugami recognizes what you want, it possesses someone to achieve your success.
For example, if you want money, Inugami possesses the rich and causes some diseases. Finally he bring money to you to get rid of diseases.

The conductor of Inugami and those who are possessed are called Inugamitsuki (means possessed by Inugami).
If you are possessed by Inugami, your son and daughter are going to be possessed as well.
Inugami isn't always submissive, sometimes it injures you.
So Inugamitsuki is kept away from non-Inugamitsuki.
>>
>>60789482
*evil ghost
would be correct
>>
>>60787606
Sounds like the typical myth used by women around the world to explain pregnancies for cheating.
>>
File: images (52).jpg (23 KB, 313x240) Image search: [Google]
images (52).jpg
23 KB, 313x240
Hidarugami is the evil spirit that causes deadly sudden hunger during walking in the mountain.
If you are possessed by Hidarugami, you will be hungry, tired, paralyzed and can't move anymore.
In some area, it has even a real body. In such case, it looks like Gaki (demon that suffer from eternal hunger, from Buddhism) and asked a traveller that he ate chazuke (you can imagine light meal). He answered yes and Hidarugami tear his stomach to eat rest of rice in his stomach.
You can leave rations to prevent Hidarugami from possessing because if you are possessed by Hidarugami, eating something defeat it.
>>
>>60790738
nice, so you're using the botnet too? where you region flag at, nigga?

>>60787932
>>60789060
cool indeed
>>
>>60792630
It doesn't show them no more and I can't post normally unless I do so through post a reply button at the top. Some gay ass connection error bullshit started happening some days ago.
>>
>>60792790
>I can't post normally unless I do so through post a reply button at the top
aaah that's why you don't get flags: they only work when you use quick reply
have you tried deleting all cookies and Ctrl + F5 the page?
>>
>>60792843
Nah, I'm too lazy to do anything after work and hope that everything will magically fix itself.
>>
File: index_clip_image002.jpg (9 KB, 173x273) Image search: [Google]
index_clip_image002.jpg
9 KB, 173x273
>>
>>60792988
>I'm too lazy to do anything after work and hope that everything will magically fix itself

Doesn't work too good.

t. I've aplied this solution to multiple problems
>>
>>60793108
What is that even
>>
>>60793152
saci pereré
it's a nigga turned goblin
>>
>>60793152
One leg nigger that can spawn hurricanes and likes being a trickster asshole
>>
>>60793230
So niggers make hurricanes?
>>
>>60793230
legged*
>>60793330
I dont know where that came from, there are no hurricanes in brazil, especially where this myth was born
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oak_Island

What's down there and why so many booby traps?
>>
In Northern English folklore, the Barghest or Barguest , is a mythical monstrous black dog with huge teeth and claws.There is also a story of a Barghest entering the city of York occasionally, where, according to legend, it preys on lone travellers in the city's narrow Snickelways.
Besides taking the form of a large black dog with fiery eyes, it could also become invisible and walk about with the sound of rattling chains. At the death of any notable person the barghest would appear, followed by all the other dogs of the local region in a kind of funeral procession, and begin howling and baying. It may also foretell the death of an individual by lying across the threshold of his or her house. It is sometimes said that like the vampire the barghest is unable to cross rivers.
>>
File: cinowOScX6yQRs07snoi.png (246 KB, 418x657) Image search: [Google]
cinowOScX6yQRs07snoi.png
246 KB, 418x657
Another ancient meme that seemingly has ties to today's world is the bear.

To ancient Finns the bear was A sacred animalm, an apple of the forest, and it's real name was not to be ushered. so the people came up with all sorts of nicknames for it.
>>
File: Stüpp.jpg (167 KB, 500x710) Image search: [Google]
Stüpp.jpg
167 KB, 500x710
The Stüpp is a kind of Werwolf from the rhineland.
Manifesting as a black wolf at crossroads, cementarys and places were people died violently, he ambushes and jumps on peoples backs and clings to them, sending them into panic while sucking up their lifeforce.

Hearing churchbells, throwing him a piece of cloth he attacks as a substitute while fleeing or pressing his head with a cruzifix can safe one.

During the witchburnings, the story got altered to fit sorcerers who wore enchanted belts made of wolfpelt in order to ambush people and do as described above.
>>
Besides the obvious folklore around the once and future king and that the south west has shit tons of folklore. A recent one is the Beast of Dartmoor, which was rumoured to be a giant panther that stole people's sheep at night and killed foxes.

We also had buccas, which are like leprechauns mixed with gnomes and were said to collapse tin mines when folks weren't looking as a joke, and people used to leave the crust of their pasties in the mines to lure them down and away from the more fragile passages.
>>
> tfw your country is not allowed to have folklore because it's full of racism and immigrants are butthurt
>>
I grew up hearing about Wendigoes
>>
>>60790230
>thunderbird on great plains
[angry northwest noises]
Thunderbird is ours!
>>
>>60792132
There's one folklore, I can't remember which cunt though, where a soldier was killed and so he goes around impregnanting women so the kids can avenge his death and then leaving
>>
File: bray road.png (836 KB, 1280x640) Image search: [Google]
bray road.png
836 KB, 1280x640
>>
Kapre is a Philippine mythical creature that could be characterized as a tree giant. It is described as being a tall (7 to 9 ft), dark, muscular creature. Kapres are not necessarily considered to be evil. Kapres may make contact with people to offer friendship, or if it is attracted to a woman. If a Kapre befriends any human, especially because of love, the Kapre will consistently follow its "love interest" throughout life.

Kapre's are usually found laying around large trees while smoking tobacco.

The origin of the monster may have been escaped nigger slaves that the Spanish colonizers brought along.
>>
Ancient Finns believed that birds flew to Lintukoto (home of the birds) for the winter.
They got there by following the Milky Way, which is why we now call it Linnunrata (the bird's path)
>>
The banshee is often described in Gaelic lore as wearing red or green, usually with long, disheveled hair. She can appear in a variety of forms. Perhaps most often she is seen as an ugly, frightful hag, but she can also appear as young and beautiful if she chooses. In some tales, the figure who first appears to be a banshee or other cailleach (hag) is later revealed to be the Irish battle goddess, the Morrígan. A female spirit in Irish mythology who heralds the death of a member of one of the prominent Gaelic families, usually by shrieking or keening. Her name is connected to the mythologically-important tumuli or "mounds" that dot the Irish countryside, which are known as síde (singular síd) in Old Irish

It's just one off the top of my head besides the obvious few.
>>
>>60791400
Someone do this pls.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.