[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
B = V = ㅂ C = K = Q = ㅋ C = S = ㅅ J = Z = G = ㅈ L
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: hangulXalphabet.jpg (18 KB, 737x197) Image search: [Google]
hangulXalphabet.jpg
18 KB, 737x197
B = V = ㅂ

C = K = Q = ㅋ

C = S = ㅅ

J = Z = G = ㅈ

L = R = ㄹ

U = W = ㅜ

I do not know difference
Just all same sound to me
nah .. Many Koreans do not know the difference between these

Please explain
>>
>>60784869
>B = V = ㅂ
what
>>
>>60784869
Indo-Africans creating useless letters

/thread
>>
>>60784885
they don't have V so they use B instead, like Video = Bideo
>>
>>60784937
HA
savages
>>
>>60784885
Some languages don't make a distinction between /b/ and /v/ or with /p/ and /f/
>>
>>60784909
>useless
well memed
>>
>>60784966
>C / K

Just pick one and stfu.
>>
문제가 뭐에요?뭘해안해여?
>>
>>60785045
C is variation of Γ, used for /g/
K is just /k/
>>
>>60785061
그냥 심심해서 어그로ㅇㅅㅇ...
>>
>>60785061
*이해
>>
>>60785102
아~ 왜안자는데?
>>
>>60785158
잠이 안온다ㅇㅅㅇ..
>>
File: spede%20pasanen[1].png (20 KB, 270x282) Image search: [Google]
spede%20pasanen[1].png
20 KB, 270x282
>>60785061
>>
>>60785198
저두 ㅠㅠ 내일일해야돼여?
>>
>>60784869
can you tell p from f?
>>
>>60785397
>P/F

Yes i know its the diference
>>
물을 끓이기도 하고 양파를 썰기도 했어
yeee
>>
Japanese English
Zisu puroguramu isu peurobaiteddo by Sony

Korean English
Diseu peurogeuram iju peurobaitit by Sony

>muh East Asians
>>
>>60785488
my Korean friend can't tell f/p and z/j. you are better than him.

B is the voiced P.
V is the voiced F.
if you can tell P from F, you should be able to tell B from V.
>>
>>60785503
Russian English:
Let mi spik from my hurt, in Inglish
>>
>>60784869
The Latin alphabet has a lot of unneccesary letters because of Greekaboos and historical additions. Let me try and clear some up:

>B = V
This one's easy. B is a plosive, meaning the sound is formed with your lips, like "P". It's exactly the same, just voiced (meaning your vocal cords vibrate instead of just a silent breath)
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1gQyrDVL5Es

For "V", it's just the "F" sound, but voiced
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1WWMRkctYzy

>C = K = Q
This one's historical. These all make the "K" sound in English, but C also makes the "S" sound depending on the word. Q makes the "K" sound if it's followed by a U, so "Question = Kwestion"

>C = S
Explained above

>J = Z = G
This one's a little more complicated. As Z is it's own distinct sound, we'll focus on J and "soft G"
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1AAcf02bDZj

J comes from a historical sound shift in French where most "j" sounds (y as in "young", or German "j") started being pronounced as "dzh" sounds, a short "d" followed by a "zh" sound, like the "z" in azure, or the "s" in pleasure. Soft g makes the same sound, except in some words.
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0nuV4JhMGIa

>L = R
This one's complicated to explain to Asians, as there is no sound distinction between the two. All you can do is listen and hope to understand.
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0lj6z8XXJmY

>U = W
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1cyhopu7oI5

Explained this as best I could. Please stop posting now.
>>
>>60786081
>>C = K = Q
>This one's historical. These all make the "K" sound in English, but C also makes the "S" sound depending on the word. Q makes the "K" sound if it's followed by a U, so "Question = Kwestion"
This shit is so fucking stupid, I always have troubles with words city and university (why not sity and univercity?)
>>
>>60786573
>why not sity and univercity?
You should ask the literal shitheads that designed English. Some of the greatest langauge destroy..... I mean preservers, and by greatest I mean that the letters "aux" can sound like "Oh", created our language.
The French.
It can also be traced back to their latin roots.
city most likely coming from the Latin word for citadel or some word descended from a word of that denotation.
As for university, most likely coming from the word Universal, coming from fuck knows where, why change the S into a C when coming up with a new word anyways?

English is one of the hardest languages to rationalize, an example being the lost root word or suffix or prefix or "word changing letter" - A
Rise becomes raise when you are doing the action of "rise" to somebody.
Fuck knows.
The French fucked us.
The Angles fucked us.
The Church fucked us.
The Vikings fucked the Normans who in turn fucked us.
Feel free to give up at any point.
>>
>>60787200
Actually, I think English have one of the simplest grammar, and the only issues are a time system (btw I don't know how to fix it) and articles (should I use articles with verbal nouns?).
>>
>>60787200
There's a difference between a language and it's orthography
English orthography is fucking fucked, but all it needs is some reforms to fix it, but that seems like it'll never happen
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.