[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GERMAN SWISS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: swiss-flag_3279437b.jpg (63 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
swiss-flag_3279437b.jpg
63 KB, 620x387
GERMAN SWISS - Is there still any degree of desire to unite with Germany in Switzerland today or to create a 'pan-German' empire? What if Germany adopted a constitution based on your own and left the EU? Would this be something that would gain a decent degree of support or would it always be an 'extreme' 1 or 2% and the other 99% would wish the Germans well but never desire the countries to unite?
>>
>>60672826
>99% would wish the Germans well
Lmao. You really don't know the Swiss. They're some nasty fuckers.
>>
>>60672826
Don't know about the Swiss, but I sure would like that. Throw in Austria as well. Pretty sure it'll never happen though.
>>
>>60672826
>still
as if there ever has been
>>
>>60672967
Don't give up in us yet, we can still overthrow our shit here.
>>
>>60673021
>on*
>>
>>60673021
I'm pretty sure German national identity is much more older than the German one.
>>
>>60673061
Shit, I mean the Swiss is older than the German
>>
^ Indeed, but think of the superpower Germany could be with its old Eastern territories plus Austria and Switzerland? I Understand Switzerland is much more based than Germany today and an older nation so I get it if there is no desire, I just want to ascertain how popular or unpopular such sentiments would be
>>
>>60673061
Who the hell cares? Bigger Germany = More good Germany
It's as simple as that.
>>
>>60673091
lel 1515 never forget
>>
>>60673137
And who the fuck wants that? Only you do, but most Germans, Swiss and Austrians don't.
>>
>>60673176
I'm sure many Austrians and Germans would, maybe not the majority, but it's not like unifying S./N. Korea
>>
>>60673239
>Presently, the pan-Germanist wing is only a minor faction within the Freedom Party. In 2008, fewer than seventeen percent of the Freedom Party's voters questioned the existence of a unique Austrian national identity.
That's what? 3% of the total?
>>
>>60673294
Source pls, and still a national survey about that would be favourable
>>
>>60672826
>Is there still any degree of desire to unite with Germany in Switzerland
Was there even one concept like that in the past?
>What if Germany adopted a constitution based on your own and left the EU?
Yes please, after throwing out all the refugees ofc
>>
>>60673407
http://www.derstandard.at/3261105/Oesterreicher-fuehlen-sich-heute-als-Nation

Face it. Pan-Germanism is dead. You can thank uncle Adolf for that.
>>
>>60672826
Nonsense. Switzerland is old and the independence of Switzerland is like the first political principal they have.

Answer: "We would shoot twice."
>>
>>60673176
>And who the fuck wants that?
In 1918 Austria actually fully democratically voted to join Germany but the Entente didn't let them because they didn't want to make Germany any more powerful than it needed to be.

Also "Austrian" identity as such never really existed before circa 1955, Austrians were always just Germans that were ruled by the Habsburgs as opposed to Germans ruled by any of the million other dynasties in the Holy Roman Empire/German Confederation
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.