[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Americans I've been wondering. How can undocumented migrants
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: cat.jpg (58 KB, 382x417) Image search: [Google]
cat.jpg
58 KB, 382x417
Americans I've been wondering.

How can undocumented migrants go to uni, get scholarships and healthcare?

Wouldn't their status as illegal ultimately be revealed when entering those institutions?
>>
Pls respond
>>
>>60667737

If you are poor enough, college and healthcare are practically free and you get a bunch of scholorships. Because they can't get real jobs, they make essentially no income, and there's hundreds of NGO's that provide free housing and shit to immigrants.

Now if you are a white poor male, thats a totally different story.
>>
>>60669398
>white poor male

stop being entitled & just b urself my dude
>>
>>60669398
I mean, how can they enter college or benefit from health care without getting deported, don't you need a social security number to prove your identity or something?
>>
>>60669276
Most unis here in my state (CA) will accept anyone just like a normal citizen, so long as they attended an American high school. On applications they will ask about your citizenship status, but you don't have to be one to submit it and get accepted.

In fact, here in CA there's even a bill to give financial aid specifically to undocumented immigrants who wish to attend Uni (California Dream Act).

As far as medical, the last time I went to the ER, you can often see many people who will go there for basic stuff (e.g. a cold) and just leave without ever paying. Most don't have any form of medical insurance and will either pay out of pocket or not pay at all.

That being said it still is possible for some immigrants to get health insurance, so long as they're documented. If you don't have say your green card though, you're SOL.

Jeg håper det hjalp norgevenn.
>>
>>60669687
They don't get any benifits from the government like that. Some states allow illegals to purchase private insurance and scholarships come from a bunch of rich people being generous, not the government.
>>
>>60669687
That guy is wrong.

No, you do not need an SSN to prove your identity when applying to or entering college (or even public school). You do need it for insurance, but not to receive healthcare in most places.

Example:
>http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/10/us/texas-undocumented-valedictorian-trnd/index.html
>>
File: 1435353101508.png (241 KB, 499x501) Image search: [Google]
1435353101508.png
241 KB, 499x501
>>60669398
>white poor male
>>
>>60669900
>immigrants.....want to help make America great again,
No it doesn't work like that.
>and she has waited seven years for her application to even be processed.
Which means she didn't file one.
>>
Our country is full of disgusting Leftist politicians that defend illegal immigrants at every turn, and shout racism all the time.
>>
>>60670103
No, seriously. I dated a girl from El Salvador. The immigration process IS seriously broken for anyone who wants to come here, with a few exceptions where they may expedite your application. It's completely common for something like that to happen fåvæ, especially when trying to get a green card.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.