[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else find it strange how few people go on /int/? Probably
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: my eye.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
my eye.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Anyone else find it strange how few people go on /int/?

Probably less then 150 people come here, out of 7 billion humans on Earth.

Out of maybe 3 billion people that have access to the internet. 1 billion English speakers worldwide.

This doesn't make sense, because 4chan is a widely known website. Maybe as well known as Tumblr.

Why causes this? Why is the traffic to /int/ so low?

Are normies afraid to come here? They think we're all nazis or /b/tards? Few people stay on this website long enough to explore more than one board? Give me your theories.

1 in every 46 million humans use /int/

1 in every 20 million internet users use /int/

1 in every 6.6 million English speakers use /int/

but somehow 4chan as a whole is known by probably 1 in 10 english speakers that use the internet, and that's a low estimate desu.

pic unrelated
>>
>>60612026

>one of the most high traffic boards on 4chan
>150 people
>>
>150
way more than that
We get 50-60 per /brit/ thread
>>
Every second Finn uses /int
>>
>>60612127
>>60612117
Even if we had 1000 regular users, that's still a tiny number.
>>
I think you're low-balling your estimate a bit.
I'd estimate there’s 250-1000 regulars. It is easy to "spot" familiar posters sometimes though, which would never happen on /b/.
>>
>>60612156
let's say there are 1000 regular /int/ users, and only about 2 thirds of English speakers have access to the internet, that is still 1 in every .66 million people using this board.

that's about 1 person out of a city the size of Sheffield.

That's 12 people out of all of london. (obviously the numbers may be disproportionate, there may be a lot more londoners
>>
>>60612446
why are you so surprised?

there's like 1 billion websites on the internet, 4chan is just one of them, and /int/ is just one section of 4chan
>>
>>60612481
That's a stupid thing to say. There might be millions or even billions of websites but the Internet traffic is concentrated to only a few of them.
>>
>>60612570
4chan is about 800 on the alexa ranking
not extremely popular
>>
>>60612481
It's just interesting to think I live in a town of 75 thousand, and I am likely the only regular /int/ user here.
>>
>>60612026
I don't think your number 150 is correct at all.

But to answer your question, I think many "normies" think 4chan is some kind of "hacker site", or a place for /b/-tier content (probably both most of the times)
>>
>>60612026
>Probably less then 150 people come here, out of 7 billion humans on Earth.

Well judging from the speed of this board alone I'd say its at least couple of thousands every day.
>>
This board is unique because it's high traffic but it's still easy to tell who certain posters are
Sadly though I do not have an /int/ personality
>>
>>60612026
uhhh....we need to calculate that
We have 7 billion humans on Earth but only 4 billion has access to internet many of which arre usedin social media

4chan maybe a widely used website but our culture is incredibly xenophobic and looks down upon newfags who cannot into lurking.
Not to mention that every single poster here is starving for a person to trigger to the point of suicide.

Then we also come across the fact we have alot of boards here that are actually more interesting. Most especially when you are a thumbless anon who can post without any care for retaliation

I mean, if you think about it, /int/ is basically just a sfw /b/ with flags. Who would wan't to go here when there's already /pol/ and /b/ to shitpost on?
That's like making a person eat muffins when he can have cake instead.
>>
There's probably over 10000 weekly /int/ regulars.
Like that one white guy from Kenya who never posts except that one time when he told cool stories.
>>
>>60612026
I feel like i am the only one from Costa Rica
>>
>>60614737

t. Thailand
>>
>>60614846
T. Mongol
>>
>>60612150

8chqn, which is a small chan gets like 2000 posters on boards like /v/ and /pol/.

You are underestimating how many people browse 4chan. This ain't 2005 anymore. Even moot said this place gets millions of traffic.
>>
>>60614979

Byt this place I mean 4chan, not /int/. /int/ can easily get several decathousands.
>>
It sometimes feels like the same small group of people post in /brit/ every day because they post about the same stuff all of the time. I'd say that it has around 50-80 IPs per thread, depending on the day and what time it is. It's the same outside generals, as some of the same bait threads get posted regularly.

General threads make up at least of quarter of the content on /int/, so it's easy for me to see how much more than 150 people regularly post on this board, considering how active many threads are.

You also have to consider the strong lurker presence on 4chan. /int/ is very high in traffic.
>>
If /int/ was a country:

>60% unemployment rate(NEET)
>90% virgins
>70% poor
>99% racist
>40% gay
>70% mentally retarded

Prove me wrong
>>
>>60617515
I'm literally all of that, not even kidding.
>>
>>60617543
I'm sorry
>>
>>60617543
You won't be getting your Canada visa anytime soon then.
>>
>>60617515
>tfw poor retarded Virgin NEET

I-it gets better right
>>
>>60617645
why not?
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.