[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/ÉIRE/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28
File: Screenshot_2016-06-06-03-13-37.jpg (496 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-06-03-13-37.jpg
496 KB, 720x1280
We've got a drug problem in our threads Ed.
>>
File: 1458275864112.jpg (75 KB, 800x448) Image search: [Google]
1458275864112.jpg
75 KB, 800x448
/balt/
>>
Tráthnóna maith daoibh, a chairde idirnáisiúnta. Cad é an craic inniu? Aon daoine anseo atá Gaeilge acu anois?
>>
how are backpackers treated in japan?
My last name is Cavanagh, will I be abducted and hurt?
>>
my pupils get that large without drugs
>>
>>60564048
oops meant ireland the fuck
>>
>>60564048
>>60564073
You'll be fine.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-09-12-22-57.jpg (490 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-09-12-22-57.jpg
490 KB, 720x1280
Curry chip roll, lads.
>>
>>60564013
How come Irish speakers don't do more to revive Irish? Even in the Gaeltacht they speak English to each other.
>>
>>60564768
What can I personally do?
>>
>>60564792
Engender people like you to make a bigger and more coordinate effort. It's pretty obvious gaeilgeoirí are mostly just moaners who will roll over when met with resistance.
>>
>>60565015
I only know 3 people who can speak it to a good standard.
>>
>>60565988
See, youse aren't even good at consolidating. You'd think after making all that effort to learn Irish you'd make an effort to grow it's power base. You should have a much wider network of contacts.
>>
i've never tried any drugs.
>>
>>60566069
I'm sure there are groups of speakers elsewhere, but I'm not in the area to find any. And I hate Internet friendships.
>>
>>60566374
>I hate
>me me me
Your mé féinism is a shirking of your responsibility to the language's revival. Your kind has continuously failed to do what it must and it will be your fault when the language dies.
>>
>>60566565
Not him but it's already dead.
>>
>>60566565
>>I hate
>>me me me
You're asking me what I can do.
I'm not the sole representative of the language. All I can say is that I learned it, and Irish has one more speaker because of it.

If you want someone who has more experience with the subject, ask sabhsaí when he gets here. More proud of the language than me, anyhow.
>>
>>60566610
Learn the distinction between a dead language and an endangered language you mongoloid.
>>
>>60566741
>All I can say is that I learned it, and Irish has one more speaker because of it.
And? It means nothing if you only do the bare minimum with it, why bother learn it in the first place? Irish having one extra but essentially unmotivated/isolated speaker is equivalent to not having an extra speaker at all. I wasn't asking what you can do, you can plainly do a lot more than you're actually willing to do. I was simply outlining that you're a typical case of a gaeilgeoir failing to live up to his responsibility to the language, no offence.
>>
>>60566797
We've had the Celtic twilight, so this must be the witching hour, right?

Irish is a dead language.

It isn't possible to have a complete conversation in Irish without using supplementry modern English, and unless you seek out other boring fuckers who are so determined to speak it aswell you'll never ever use it, bar from virtue signalling IRL and acting all high and mighty on 4chan ofc. You are like priests speaking Latin to each other.

Anyway it's your time, as long as you are enjoying wasting it.
>>
>>60567091
If you're so inclined about saving the language, then why don't you do something about it?
You see what's wrong and you're giving out to me because I'm what? Not forming social circles based around Irish?

I just learnt the language - and because I did I have a responsibility to uphold?
With all due respect; gowan and fuck yourself.
>>
File: the-tipping-point-9-638.jpg (59 KB, 638x359) Image search: [Google]
the-tipping-point-9-638.jpg
59 KB, 638x359
>>60567091
>his responsibility to the language
>>
>>60567223
Don't try to blame me for your failures my friend, I never said anything about my inclinations. And yes of course you have a responsibility. Why would you bother to learn Irish without taking on the inherent responsibility that comes with that?
>>
File: 1449321143660.jpg (800 KB, 800x2294) Image search: [Google]
1449321143660.jpg
800 KB, 800x2294
the irish are the niggers of western europe
>>
File: IMG_20160609_150224.jpg (97 KB, 720x602) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160609_150224.jpg
97 KB, 720x602
>>60567168
>Irish is a dead language

All of our services are offered through Irish.
We've an Irish TV station. You can have your trial (if you were to have one) through Irish.

How on earth is it dead?
>>
>>60567371
>why bother learning irish

Why is Irish a compulsory subject?
>>
>>60567168
>without using supplementry modern English
Do you know how language contact works? Languages have always supplemented each other, it's more obvious in the case of Irish because English vocab dominates so many domains of modern discourse but it's a normal phenomenon. A dead language is one without a native speaking community, which Irish still has no matter how boring or insufferable you think they are.
>>
>>60567371
>for your failures

I'm done talking to you.
>>
The Irish slave trade began when James II sold 30,000 Irish prisoners as slaves to the New World. His Proclamation of 1625 required Irish political prisoners be sent overseas and sold to English settlers in the West Indies. By the mid 1600s, the Irish were the main slaves sold to Antigua and Montserrat. At that time, 70% of the total population of Montserrat were Irish slaves.

Ireland quickly became the biggest source of human livestock for English merchants. The majority of the early slaves to the New World were actually white.

From 1641 to 1652, over 500,000 Irish were killed by the English and another 300,000 were sold as slaves. Ireland’s population fell from about 1,500,000 to 600,000 in one single decade. Families were ripped apart as the British did not allow Irish dads to take their wives and children with them across the Atlantic. This led to a helpless population of homeless women and children. Britain’s solution was to auction them off as well.

During the 1650s, over 100,000 Irish children between the ages of 10 and 14 were taken from their parents and sold as slaves in the West Indies, Virginia and New England. In this decade, 52,000 Irish (mostly women and children) were sold to Barbados and Virginia. Another 30,000 Irish men and women were also transported and sold to the highest bidder. In 1656, Cromwell ordered that 2000 Irish children be taken to Jamaica and sold as slaves to English settlers.

Many people today will avoid calling the Irish slaves what they truly were: Slaves. They’ll come up with terms like “Indentured Servants” to describe what occurred to the Irish. However, in most cases from the 17th and 18th centuries, Irish slaves were nothing more than human cattle.
>>
>>60567461
Dunno, you'll have to ask the doe. You can't learn Irish just from being forced to do it in school though, it clearly takes a very deliberate effort on the part of the student to actually learn Irish properly and not just learn enough for the exam. An A1 in the Leaving doesn't imply a high degree of competence in any leaving cert language, or even any subject (A1 students in maths regularly flounder in basic college maths)
>>
African slaves were very expensive during the late 1600s (50 Sterling). Irish slaves came cheap (no more than 5 Sterling). If a planter whipped or branded or beat an Irish slave to death, it was never a crime. A death was a monetary setback, but far cheaper than killing a more expensive African. The English masters quickly began breeding the Irish women for both their own personal pleasure and for greater profit. Children of slaves were themselves slaves, which increased the size of the master’s free workforce. Even if an Irish woman somehow obtained her freedom, her kids would remain slaves of her master. Thus, Irish moms, even with this new found emancipation, would seldom abandon their kids and would remain in servitude.

In time, the English thought of a better way to use these women (in many cases, girls as young as 12) to increase their market share: The settlers began to breed Irish women and girls with African men to produce slaves with a distinct complexion. These new “mulatto” slaves brought a higher price than Irish livestock and, likewise, enabled the settlers to save money rather than purchase new African slaves. This practice of interbreeding Irish females with African men went on for several decades and was so widespread that, in 1681, legislation was passed “forbidding the practice of mating Irish slave women to African slave men for the purpose of producing slaves for sale.” In short, it was stopped only because it interfered with the profits of a large slave transport company.
>>
>>60567459
Because no one actually reads the Irish before the English on an official form and anyone looking at TG4 most likely have captions on.

I'd be surprised if there is a judge in the country capable of sitting through such a trial.
Wasn't there a case like this throw out not long ago, the person appealed his conviction due to not being allowed an Irish trial, it was thrown out due to him being perfectly capable of understanding English.

Irish is dead in the sense that no one uses it exclusively, I'd hazard a guess that the most fluent irish speakers alive today barley use it 5% of the time, and dead in the sense that it is completely usless in modern Ireland.

>>60567482
10 geriatrics living without running water on the Aran islands isn't much of a community.
>>
are you not ashamed of being irish

i mean look at your pathetic history

i'd be ashamed
>>
>England continued to ship tens of thousands of Irish slaves for more than a century. Records state that, after the 1798 Irish Rebellion, thousands of Irish slaves were sold to both America and Australia. There were horrible abuses of both African and Irish captives. One British ship even dumped 1,302 slaves into the Atlantic Ocean so that the crew would have plenty of food to eat.
>>
>>60567771
>Wasn't there a case like this throw out not long ago, the person appealed his conviction due to not being allowed an Irish trial, it was thrown out due to him being perfectly capable of understanding English.
You mean the case of him wanting an exclusively Irish speaking jury? It was decided against because translators were considered sufficient. I don't think the constitution or official languages act would allow a court to deny a trial through Irish.
>>
>>60566345
You're honestly missing out, it's like going through life not having sex just because the government tells you not to. I mean don't do it every day or even every month but you have to do it at least once. Definitely try it if you vacation to a normal country. You got 75ish years on this earth, do whatever the fuck you want.
>>
What is social security/Dole/NEET life in Éire like?
>>
>>60567601
Instead of being dismissive of these things, you should reflect and recognise your failures and seek to improve going forward. It is better than attempting comforting but unproductive deniability. A sense of civic and group responsibility is often a good thing to have.
>>
ireland offers nothing to the world
>>
>>60567860
I don't remember the exact details feel free to correct me though.

The couldn't accept it AFAIR, How could they allow it if there isn't a judge in the country capable of sitting over it.
Let alone barristers, jury, temp etc.

If there was such a trial you can be sure the majority of the Jury would be known to each other and the defendant by virtue of the fact that the Irish speaking community is so small.

It will never be allowed, and I'd imagine that the use of translators being deemed sufficient has more to do with avoiding constitutional debates than it has to do with anything else.
>>
File: roflmao.jpg (23 KB, 381x280) Image search: [Google]
roflmao.jpg
23 KB, 381x280
>>60567772

>most cucked country in existence calls other nations pathetic

way to go, Ali!
>>
Can't wait until we destroy Sweden in the Euros.
>>
File: 1451700984936.jpg (19 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1451700984936.jpg
19 KB, 480x360
>The practice of interbreeding Irish females with African men went on for several decades and was so widespread that, in 1681, legislation was passed “forbidding the practice of mating Irish slave women to African slave men for the purpose of producing slaves for sale.” In short, it was stopped only because it interfered with the profits of a large slave transport company.
>>
>>60567911
thanks. I'll go to Colorado or Netherland at first.
>>
>>60567168
>Irish is a dead language
http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/gaeilge-to-become-a-full-working-language-of-the-european-union-386308.html
No it isn't you fucking faggot stop being delusional. Go back to /pol/.
>>
>>60568319
>SWEDEN
>YES
>>
>>60568144
>>60568118
Don't acknowledge that weak bait you stupid fucks.
The most annoying thing about the spam is that there is always a tard willing to bite.

>>60568362
And they recognise knackers as a distinct ethnic group
Top kek lad, please post more so I can laugh at you.

BTW.
Don't browse /pol/ Irish is dead, enjoy wasting your time whilst I do something productive and beneficial to society.
>>
>>60568091
>How could they allow it if there isn't a judge in the country capable of sitting over it.
You think there aren't judges who have Irish?
>>
>>60568454
I'm assuming you're the leaving cert anon and you're pretty mad about failing Irish, it's understandable not everyone is suited to being capable of learning everything. Although Irish is still mandatory, tests will go on and it isn't going anywhere other than forwards instead of backwards that you so hope for.
BTW
I work speaking english and Irish on a daily basis in my job while you speak about languages that are """"dead"""" just because you are incapable of speaking it or dislike it.
It goes without saying but kill yourself. You couldn't do something productive and beneficial to society if you had a gun to your head.
>>
>>60568454
>whilst I do something productive and beneficial to society.
>said while posting on a Cambodian Soccer site
>>
>>60568595
On a daily basis?

Cén sórt post atá agatsa?
>>
>>60568454
I'll do whatever I want you.
>>
has anyone seen master, that old cunt?

he owes me a game of insurgency
>>
>>60568787
who the fuck is master, your dom?
>>
>>60568595
>he's this mad
Lol the truth hurts, and yeah I'd be surprised if there are any judges capable of giving their name and address in Irish, let alone sitting through a trial.

BTW I didn't sit Irish so there goes that theory, I am Irish, got an exemption because like you asked earlier, why bother learning Irish? I could have attempted to in 2yr but my parents realised that it would have been totally pointless to learn a dead language that wouldn't benefit me in any way, shape or form IRL.
>>
>>60568852
a norn lad

you need to be an illustrious eire personality to know of him
>>
>>60568362
Meanwhile our own government plans to amend the Official Languages Act to remove any stipulation that they have to provide materials in both languages, so that they can exclusively publish in English. LOL.
>>
>>60568869
But if you don't learn irish anon, how are you suppose to act morally superior to random strangers on a Taiwanese knitting pamphlet ?
>>
File: msf kill yourself.gif (960 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
msf kill yourself.gif
960 KB, 245x245
>>60568987
>eire personality faggotry
>>
File: Funny-Troll-Meme-Comics-5.png (142 KB, 550x412) Image search: [Google]
Funny-Troll-Meme-Comics-5.png
142 KB, 550x412
hahaha
>>
>>60569038
They aren't random strangers m8, they went to the same schools and colleges, have a Skype group, are on each others Facebook pages and all post in reddits echo chambers together.
>>
File: muh_heritage_american.jpg (29 KB, 600x575) Image search: [Google]
muh_heritage_american.jpg
29 KB, 600x575
Where is he???
>>
>>60569223
Two of them even dated actually.

And to think even with the combined efforts of the shit posting mob I have yet to lose an argument or debate on an /eire/ thread.
>>
How do you lads feel about the UN trying to force you to legalise abortion?
>>
Bhuel, toisc go bhfuil daoine ann gan an teanga anseo is dóigh liom go bheadh na daoine a bhfuil an teanga acu a bheith ag caint le chéile.

An féidir linn a thaispeáint dóibh go bhfuilimid in ann í a úsáid? Tá Gaeilge againn, cén fáth nach labhraíonn muid í?
>>
>>60569986

Toisc go bhfuil an Ghaeilge teanga marbh desu
>>
>>60569986
Mar níl gaeilge againn a chara
>>
Guys it's a Haitian living in Sweden, the same guy who scatposts and flooded /int/ with Gore a while ago
>>
B'fhéidir gur dtosóinn an comhrá. Conas a bhí bhur gcuid laethanta?

>>60570221
Tá a fhios agam go bhfuil roinnt daoine.
>>
>>60567954
It is cozy. Not as good as the Nordic though. If you're NEET too long the social will make you take a course or try to make you get a slave labor job though. Better than UK, worse than the Nordics.
>>
This thread serves to illustrate very well just how defunct and obsolete Irish as a language actually is.

This is a language specific board after all, and Irish speakers can't even find other Irish speakers to converse with in an Irish specific thread.
It is an indictment.

>>60570400
I admire your perseverance even if you did seem a bit angry and upset earlier. Fair play, it must be difficult.
>>
>>60570400
>Tá a fhios agam go bhfuil roinnt daoine.
Cén fáth a chreideann tú? Níl ach beirt nó triúir ar /éire/ a bhfuil Gaeilge acu agus níl siad anseo.
>>
>>60570548
I do my 5 minutes on duplingo. Some day I'll be able to hold a conversation in it....
>>
>>60570532

Sounds like it's pretty much on ours and german level.
>>
>>60570548
It's true, Irish is pretty much dead among the lower uneducated classes. It can only survive as the language of the elite and unfortunately we already have French for that.
>>
>>60570532
>slave labor job
You are in for a shock when mammy kicks you out of the house in your mid thirties.
>>
>>60570581
Beirt nó triúr acu a bhfuil daoine go leor. Mar a deir an seanfhocal, tús maith leath na hoibre.
>>
ahpne ni olaso fere jqur asedha?
>>
>>60571830
Cén fáth nach bhfuil teanga léi féin ag an Ostair?
>>
>>60572067

We have our own variation of german.
>>
>>60570727
>It can only survive as the language of the elite and unfortunately we already have French for that.
>French
wat
>>
>>60572390
Every country had least has a 'variation' of some language but it's not really the same as having your own language tbqh.
>>
>>60564013
Tá m'Árdteist ar siúl lads
>>
>>60572657

We value our dialects pretty high though, unlike germany in which school children are trained to abandon their dialects and speak standard german
>>
>>60572731
Go n-éirí leat, a chara. Cathain atá do scrúdú Gaeilge?
>>
>>60569941
they cant do shit
>>
>>60567771
So nearly every language is dead because most people have at least 2? Would you call French dead? Spanish? German? I've spoken to people from Norway and Finland with great Irish. Stop being such a negative cunt.
>>
>>60570735
When I was NEET I got a letter telling to me to go to a meeting for a job in a slaughter house. I thought it was going to be a Jobbridge thing but they were honestly expecting people to work full time for them for literally nothing.
>>
>>60572486
In Ireland, English is seen as too common, Irish as too rural. Hence for the elite, focused around a small area of Dublin around Trinity College, the Freemason Lodge and the Government buildings, national museums and libraries the main language you will hear spoken is French
>>
>>60572787
Why don't you just meme it up like the Balkans, Scandinavia or Scotland and pretend your dialect is a different language?
>>
>>60572938
No, none of those languages are dead, Irish is though.

Those's imaginary scandis you mentioned sound quite boring desu
>>
>>60568869
>didn't do irish for at least the junior
Yep, retard detected. How the fuck are you going to drop Irish for being too hard?
>>
>>60573027
actually the so called german dialects are basically different languages. swiss and austrians can understand krauts because we're taught hochdeutsch in school but krauts cant understand us.
>>
>>60573006
I've seen this pasta before and I call bullshit.
>>
>>60569941
Can the UN really do much of anything? All the conspiracy theories used to talk them up as some NWO but they're so shit irl.
>>
>>60573110
no they cant do anything.
>>
>>60569986
Mar tá muid ''ro cúl" le haghaidh Gaelige.
>>
>>60573110
From what I read, you lot signed up to whatever the fuck their "human rights" rules are. So either you comply or they make you comply, I assume.

>The ruling said Ireland needed to take measures to ensure that healthcare providers are able to supply full information on safe abortion services “without fearing being subjected to criminal sanctions”, the committee said.
>Colm O’Gorman, the executive director of Amnesty International Ireland, said: “The Irish government must act promptly. Ireland’s constitution is no excuse – it must be changed to allow the reforms required by this ruling.”
>>
>>60573080
I wasn't in the country for 4 years hence my exemption.

I was happy enough though, I got to focus on relevant subjects and useful languages instead.

>>60573005
It's called a C.E. scheme you lazy shit
>>
>>60573081
I'm sure many English speakers can't understand many of our dialects too, what's the meme
>>
>>60573189
C.E. schemes give people extra money, genius.
>>
>>60572844
Go raibh milé. P1 ar an Luan, ceapaim.
>>
>>60573164
>they make you comply
oh im soooo sooo scared UN pls dont make me abort children
said no one ever
>>
>>60573267
Can you fuck off, plastic paddy? Nobody likes you and your posts are abhorrent.
>>
>>60573164
They can't make the government do shit, our constitution can only be amended by referendum. Do they really expect to be taken seriously with regards to human rights with that whole Saudi Arabia fiasco?
>>
>>60573027

Speaking german has it's merits. mainly because pretty much everything gets translated.

Luxemburg did just tha and made their dialect an own language. I've never met a luxemburger though so I have no Idea if they understand german
>>
>>60573197
its different. you should be able to understand most english dialects if youre fluent in only one. its not the same with german.
>>60573292
nah im grand thanks for asking though
>>
>>60573267
>What is reading comprehension?
It just says that they have to offer the choice
>>
>>60573227
yup, as did the abattoir that you were sent to, but facts wouldn't really gel with you now would they? How else could you play the victim.

>muh slave labour
Hilarious
>>
>>60573321
luxemburgerianese is pretty similar to the saar dialects but its also heavily french influenced iirc
dont know too much about it though
>>60573341
why? they have absolutely no way of forcing the irish government to do anything. no ones gonna sanction us because of aboortion.
>>
>>60573405
It sounded like you thought they were making abortion compulsory or some shit so I wanted to make sure
>>
>>60573371
Except it didn't. They specifically said that. They wanted people to work for them for a year in the hopes they MIGHT get a job at the end of it. Nothing from them, nothing from social. It offered literally nothing but an empty promise.
>>
>>60564768
It's way too tiresome, just let it die.
>>
>>60573245
Agus, conas atá tú ag mothú fúithi?
>>
>>60573453
no i was being sarcastic about their pathetic ability to force their will on others.
>>
>>60573453
You can't be fucking serious.
>>
>>60573529
to clarify what i meant was that they cant force their will. i was sarcastically saying they could and we should be terrified, implying they cant.
fucking internet sarcasm
>>
>>60573466
>a long line of text that is bullshit

No such scheme exists. Now if you complained about getting taxed on your extra 50 quid, bringing your wage/dole to about 10 euro extra instead of the 50 that you initially expected then that would be fair enough.
>>
>>60567772
You guys kicked Denmark's ass, owned Finland and later Norway, and then you threw it away for Somalians. It's far more pathetic to have a great history you destroy.
>>
>>60573526
Níl fadhb ar bith agam le scrúidithe ;) . Tá mé ag motho go híontach, ach tá cupla cairde faoí bhrú. Is doígh go bhfuil na tuismitheoirí dían orthú. An muinteoir thú?
>>
File: Ignore Swiss posts.png (10 KB, 349x98) Image search: [Google]
Ignore Swiss posts.png
10 KB, 349x98
Reminder.
>>
>>60573596
I heard serious was a slut though
>>
>>60573639
dont acknowledge the swede
>>
File: IMG_20160608_214317.jpg (79 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160608_214317.jpg
79 KB, 600x338
>>60573686
This 2bh
>>
>>60573626
>No such scheme exists
Yes it does. I don't know what they call it or if it even has a name but things like this certainly happen.

Fucking posh kids man, acting like they know what they're talking about.
>>
>>60573737
Do posh kids come here regularly?
>>
>>60568869
Kek. The only people exempt from Irish are people too thick to do it.
>>
>>60573788
>druggies, an emigrant, and illustrious personalities
i doubt it
>>
>>60573737
>me
>posh

The reason I know you are full of shit is because I've been through it all before.

You are just a lazy kid who probably cried to the welfare officer and fell back on his intellectual difficulties as an excuse to not have to do a days work when he discovered he wouldn't be getting 500+ a week.
>>
File: 1465052834039.gif (1 MB, 350x272) Image search: [Google]
1465052834039.gif
1 MB, 350x272
>>60573816
>tfw exempted from e z subject
>>
>>60573816
and people who only join the irish school system in fourth class.
t. joined in 3rd class.
>>
>>60573816
Nope, I wasn't in an Irish secondary school for 1st year, so I was exempt, thankfully.

I had a choice but why would I waste my time?
Serious question.
>>
>>60573816
Also people with speech and language problems. I knew a girl that was exempt from Irish and French because of it. She could speak fine too, just occasionally she'd screw up her words.
>>
>>60573935
>speech and language problems
>not thick
Pick one
>>
>>60568869
People who get exemptions in Irish are traitors to the Irish nation, as are parents who discourage their children from Irish. Please report your details so that you may all be pilloried and executed.
>>
>>60573928
English secondaries do Irish too
>>
>>60573658
Níl, is mac léinn Gaeilge mé. Ach, is dóigh liom go bhfuil mé i mo Ghaeilgeoir anois.
>>
>>60573966
lek
>>
>>60573935
yeah same i knew a dyslexic girl who didnt have to do irish
think the kid with ADHD was also exempt
>>
>tfw I got to do my homework in Irish class whilst the rest of you were hocking and spitting at each other

>>60573966
You seem to be confused, maybe if you hadn't wasted so much time learning a dead language you would have a better ability to comprehend who you are replying to
>>
>>60573966
She wasn't stupid (at least compared to the huge amount of thickos in this country) she was just mute for the first few years of her life.
>>
>>60574000
not really i took years of irish and i know fuckall
>>
>>60574007
So?
>>
>>60573966
True, people with speech and language problems are practically subhuman.
>>
>>60574012
Sa coláiste? Má tá, ceard atá tú ag stáidear, agus muna bhfuil, ceard bá mhaith leat a dhéanamh?
>>
>>60574026
i was actually not spitting, i was watching the class american sniff tipex
>>
>>60573788
All the time. They're the worst. They're extremely ashamed of being posh kids for some reason and will flip out when it's pointed out.
>>
>>60574157
fuck off posho
>>
>>60574069
Ah, I thought you meant >Irish secondary
as an all-Irish school. Are you saying you did first year abroad?
>>
>>60574178
How long are you going to be Irish for? When you spend more than 8 years in the US will you stop pretending?
>>
you're not even remotely intelligent unless you got an A1 in higher level maths
>>
>>60574195
Yea, I wasn't in the country for 4 years.
>>
>>60573874
Oh, so you're one of those "it didn't happen to me, so obviously it couldn't happen to anyone" people?
>>
>>60574269
where were you
>>
>>60574243
*Applied maths
Normie maths is basic shit desu
>>
>>60574090
Táim ag déanamh staidéar ar eolaíocht cógaisíochta. Níl a fhios agam anois cad ba mhaith liom a dhéanamh. Le cuidiú Dé, beidh a fhois agam go luath.
>>
maths is a load of useless bollocks
>>
>>60574288
No not at all, I just have a brilliant eye for spotting overly dramatic bullshit.

>slave labour
Still laughing at this desu
>>
>>60574295
Everybody who does applied maths gets a high grade so it is statistically the easiest subject.
>>
>>60574308
Wow, sin án-suimiúl. Bhuail mé le lad o Maynooth blíain o shin ag déanamh an cursa sin. Thaispeáin sé dom conas a oíbríonn dósanna (doses?) agus an "raon éifeachtach". Tá go leor obair amach ansin duit.
>>
>>60574409
That's due to it being completely optional (so mainly people that are good/interested in maths/physics do it) and a very small number of people compared to other subjects.
>>
File: 1463577198875.png (214 KB, 516x432) Image search: [Google]
1463577198875.png
214 KB, 516x432
>>60574571
Thanks for explaining the joke.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (62 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
62 KB, 1440x1080
>>60569223
>>60569325

Jesus christ, really?
>>
>>60574647
hilarious joke man
>>
Sorry we killed your language, lads
>>
>>60574647
>>
>>60574651
nah
>>
>>60574651
Yeah really, I had to threaten to phone one of their dads to make it stop.

But stop it did.
>>
>>60574807
No we're not
>>
>>60574855
alri tommy

still munching shite from little boys arses?
>>
>>60574807
't'sa'ight, was pretty shit anyways.

>>60574824
Looked qter from the thumbnail.
>>
>>60574490
Sea, an-suimiúil ar ndóigh. Chun a fhírinne a rá, tá orm a rá go bhfuil Gaeilge galánta agatsa.
An bhfreastalaíonn tú ar nGaelscoil?
Agus, tar éis an ardteistiméireacht, cad ba mhian leat a dhéanamh?
>>
>>60574855
Kek how did you get their da's no.
>>
>>60574807
Britain battered the language but it's Irish people themselves who dealt the killing blow. At least we're not as cucked as the Scots.
>>
>>60574966
They gave it to me, and to anyone else unlucky enough to be reading the threads at the time. Along with mountains of other persona info and photos.

Come to think of it it was the funniest thing that ever happened on here.

>>60574897
Hello
>>
File: images (4).jpg (5 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
5 KB, 284x177
>>60574943
NCT U Taeyong. He looks better now. I don't have any recent pics though, if you like Kpop, check out "the 7th sense" by them
>>
File: 7154536228.jpg (45 KB, 480x534) Image search: [Google]
7154536228.jpg
45 KB, 480x534
>>60575055
>>
>>60575038
>but it's Irish people themselves who dealt the killing blow.

How so?
Also how are the Scots cucked?
>>
>>60575098
>How so?
By discouraging their children from speaking it. By refusing to learn it even during the height of the revolutionary period/independence when it was much more alive than it is today. By continuing to ignore it in spite of it being easily salvageable if the will is there.
>>
>>60575055
>that deflection
I'll take that as a yes
>>
>>60575217
OK ^.^
>>
>>60574964
Bhuel, tá áthas an domhain orm anois! Bhí mé i scoil Bearla go dtí ráng a sé, agus ansin chuaigh mé chuig meanscoil Gaelige. D'athraigh mé scoileanna arís tar éis blíain a cuig le haghaidh ceimic agus máta feidhmeach. An íarr-scolaire Gaelige thú?
>>
>>60575196
I'd argue the Irish government killed it. The way the shit is taught is a fucking disgrace. Everyone invariably comes out better at French and Spanish than Irish and that's not a coincidence.
>>
How much should a man earn in Ireland in order to get own house of 200m2, savings, and be able to rise 2 kids (good schools, etc.)?
>>
>>60574964
Rinne mé an HPAT, agus tá míocháin síos agam, ach ba mhaith liom innealtóireacht meicniúl a dhéanamh freisin. Feicfidh mé conas a oibríonn sé amach. An fíor-briongloid ná spásaire, is aoíbhinn liom gach rud faoí
>>
>>60575264
It's not just the responsibility of the Irish government to keep it alive. Their policy has not been perfect but from the foundation of the state it was Irish people creating opposition to the adoption of pro-Irish language policies. The government is a convenient scapegoat for people, rather than simply admitting that while they like the idea in principle they simply couldn't be fucked.
>>
>>60575264
>>60575196
I reckon the Norman new world order is the culprit here
>>
>>60575264
>government makes Irish the first official language of the state
>makes it mandatory in education and for civil service jobs
>these policies slow the decline but it's not enough and the people themselves refuse to play any meaningful part
Biggest flaw in Irish attitudes toward their own language is the assumption that it is the sole responsibility of the government and of the school system to safeguard it. Even in the Gaeltacht native Irish speakers will happily default to English, seemingly without awareness of how this kills the language. It's an interesting case study to be made.
>>
>>60575421
excellent post
>>
>>60575258
>>60575361
Den scoth! D'fhreastail mé ar meánscoil 's bunscoil trí mBéarla. I mo tuairim pearsanta, bí ag brionglóideach mór, ar a laghad ar bith. Go luath go leor, beidh a fhois agat, tá a ionú féin ag gach rud. Cinnte, féach orm. Níl a fhios agam fós cad a déanfaidh mé.
>>
>>60575713
Tá an t-ám ágat chun cúpla rud a dhéanamh. Ná bí buartha faoí easpa rogha chomh luath sa saol :) Tá eolas íontach agat le haghaidh a lán tionscal.

An ndearna tú stáidear Gaelige neamhspleach? :O Sin thar a bheith maith! Chéap mé gur fhreastal tú ar bhunscoil agus meanscoil Gaelige haha
>>
>>60575264
Teachers here are fucking horrendous too, especially primary.
>>
>>60575920
Oh go raibh maith agat, focail cineálta atá ann. Rinne mé staidéar uirthi neamhspleách. I rith an ardteist, chaith mé a lán ar nGaeilge.
>>
File: tommy.png (213 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
tommy.png
213 KB, 480x480
Who /serial boy molester/ here?
>>
>>60577593
I'm flattered I've had such an effect on you. I almost forgot how amazing I am.
Thanks for the reminder
>>
>>60577806
lol gayboy all you can do is try and be a poor imitation of howth, run along and molest some more little boys
>>
>>60577871
Literally who?
>>
>>60577915
>>60577871
Oh yeah, the angry crusty who used to wear Dr. Martens and a trench coat in the dead of summer and drink cans on traffic islands.

What ever happened to him, has he been sectioned yet?
>>
>>60577915
pls tommy, howth used to utterly rek you and you're so in love with him in your mentally ill homo stockholm syndrome way you're reduced to imitating him, poorly, while touching yourself to pictures of little boys to remind you of him
>>
>>60578059
Well he is a little boy, you are right there.
>>
>>60578109
explains your attraction to him and attempts to imitate him while touching yourself
>>
Hourly reminder.

>even with the combined efforts of the skype shit posting mob I have yet to lose an argument or debate on an /eire/ thread
>>
>>60578295
you're part of the skype group you sad old paedophilic bastard
>>
>>60578295
What about the argument that you're a gay?
>>
>>60578492
What is a 30 year old man doing browsing a site predominantly catering to the demographic of adolescent males?

His fondness for the adolescent Yank is now becoming apparent, hmmm...
>>
>>60578359
I don't even have Skype, haven't for over a year.

>>60578284
If I told you I know where he lives, what he does for work, or what he did anyway as it's possible he's since gotten the sack, the model of his company van and particularly, which electrical contractors he works/worked for, you'd probably call me obsessed or even something as stupid as Doxxer. Truth be told he was just as careless as the other lad who treated /eire/ as his blog.

>>60578492
I'm bi, debate me.
>>
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 263x192) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 263x192
>>60578576
I'm not 30, I've been here for 7 odd years, I'm not leaving anytime soon.
>>
>>60578580
is that so tommy, the mechanic, from gorey?

amazing what a simple google search can turn up eh
>>
>>60578695
That is all information I volunteered myself, as is the photo you posted, which I might say I'm quite flattered that you saved for 2 years.
>>
>>60577593
Holy fucking rapist.
>>
>>60578751
indeed, still as thick as ever though like all your kind, more concerned with glitter and spangles than basic reading comprehension
>>
OOH AHH UP THE RA

PAUL MCGRATH

YOU'RE A STAR
>>
File: Fireland.png (7 KB, 1024x512) Image search: [Google]
Fireland.png
7 KB, 1024x512
>>60578919
I love Finlund.
>>
My ego remains intact lads, that's how great I am.

Being honest, I only come here to inspire you to achieve more, you could be as confident and as influential as me some day of you just applied yourselves.

Consider me your resident muse.
>>
>>60579067
Howth?
>>
>>60579153
>implying the handlers in Newcastle hospital allow him access the intermet
>>
>>60579255
Or the Internet for that matter, and I'll just take this opportunity to congratulate myself on the consecutive numbers at the end of that post.
Amazing
>>
>>60579255
Oh right, so you're Tommy, his would be molestor then. Gotcha.
>>
>>60579313
That sounded better in your head didn't it.
>>
>>60579067
i dunno m8, i dont really want the std spreading to minors causing an epidemic influence you have
>>
File: 1335493397829.png (423 KB, 862x552) Image search: [Google]
1335493397829.png
423 KB, 862x552
Alri
>>
>>60579890
See
>>60579478

I know you can do better. You are disappointing me anon.
>>
>>60580014
>i cant banter only copy howth
k
>>
I'm terribly sorry lads I have to go for an hour or two, hopefully you'll get on alright without me and keep the thread alive. You have let me down before though.

>>60580124
>banter
Were you the lad who accused me of using britishisms yesterday? I don't banter, I have the craic. I'll deal with you later.

On a side note I barely remember what Howth used to post. Something along the lines of:

HAHAHAHAH

(angry, bitter racism)

I'LL BOX LIAM NEESON IN THE FACE

HAHAHAH

Literally everyday without deviation or anything new.

I'm insulted that anyone would compare my impervious style to that unimaginative tripe.
After having been compared to him my ego isn't as intact as Im used to

Anyway, don't let the thread die boys.
>>
Drugs are cool
>>
>inb4 you let the thread die out of spite
>>
>>60580569
going to buy some now
>>
>>60580746
Cool
>>
>tfw letting the thread die after this post
Crashing this thread.
>>
>>60580867

hehe
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i76SRXD2NVI
>>
>>60580787
g2g ttyl sham
>>
>>60579953
cue tee
>>
>>60580569
mmm'kay
>>
>>60580561
im sure youre very fond of the craxko
>>
Is crowanon around?
>>
>>60581458
Crowanon is tommy.
>>
Mummies gave her bf my jacket lads :(

I hate that bitch so much
>>
>>60583660
Benzolad?
>>
>>60583777
Wat
>>
>>60583847
Nevermind
>>
>>60583926
Easy for you to say, I'm so cold and mummies bf won't give me my jacket back :@
>>
>>60583987
Who are you?
>>
mumsie does airbnb and now her guest is back so i hid in my room :/
>>
>>60578295
I disagree
Prove me wrong
>>
>>60584672
How?
>>
File: sun-ken-rock.jpg (508 KB, 2099x1397) Image search: [Google]
sun-ken-rock.jpg
508 KB, 2099x1397
>>60584782
Victory is mine. Hang your head in shame as your title fades into the ephemeral plane.
>>
Has anybody got any experience with microdosing LSD/Shrooms?

Been looking into it lately and am half tempted.
>>
>>60584874
Got kicked out of a lab for that. Forgot to put them on the slide first
>>
>>60584954
What exactly happened?
>>
alri

where are my friends
>>
>>60585093
I'm just back from the train station, had to dry my sleeping bag under the hand drier in the toilets, my tent is still all damp tho ;_;
>>
>>60585204
Didn't you move back home?
>>
>>60585204
I thought she let you back in?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.