[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>American educ- Wait a minute...where did all the European
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: ARWU.png (51 KB, 691x619) Image search: [Google]
ARWU.png
51 KB, 691x619
>American educ-
Wait a minute...where did all the European universities go?

Lmao. Keep this image in mind the next time you call an American stupid--he's probably smarter than you.
>>
>>60551210
many of the students and faculty at those universities come from foreign countries
>>
>Keep this image in mind the next time you call an American stupid--he's probably smarter than you.
I'd tell you not to count on it, but it would be redundant given that you can't count
>>
>>60551259
FPBP
>>
I question their methodology

because one of the criterias is on employability the whole ivy league thing is a bit skewed due to the name along so this is a big bias for the meaning of the best

like is it best at being an ivy league school, well obviously only ivy leagues will place at the top of ivy leagues you know
>>
File: 1462708206955.png (685 KB, 491x708) Image search: [Google]
1462708206955.png
685 KB, 491x708
>>60551210
>number of research papers published in english
>>
>>60551314
alone*
>>
File: image.jpg (184 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
184 KB, 1136x640
>>60551210
Now for an objective measurement.
Also, USA is so far below in science it isn't in this picture.
>>
>>60551210
You know, it's possible that European countries have a higher average or median quality of education (that is, education that most people get), while USA is the best at the upper end.

t. guy who went to a school on that list
>>
>not jewish
>not asian
>not poo in the loo
>not affirmative actioned negro

sorry m8 but you can't attend harvard or mit
>>
>>60551259
>>60551287
If you had any familiarity with elite higher education, you would know that about 90% of the student body at academic institutions such as Harvard are American citizens.
https://college.harvard.edu/admissions/admissions-statistics

>>60551368
It's interesting that you completely failed to mention what this image is ranking or who ranked it. Clearly you did not attend an Ivy league school
>>
>>60551394
uh hum

asians are biased negatively bro, they have higher criteria than everyone else
>>
>>60551336
That's not a criteria for the ARWU, nice attempt to avoid acknowledging your nation's academic inferiority though
>>
>>60551444
because they are overrepresented

and that's why croatbro mentioned them

>americans
>smart

kek
>>
>>60551500
Not debating the superiority of American Universities, but you do realise that the reason a lot of the public Universities rank so poorly (for example all the german ones), is because their public research is conducted in collab with their national research centres (like Max Planck), and a lot of what they publish is for companies that fund the projects (hence the relatively low rankings of powerhouses like TUM etc.)
Also I'm pretty sure they use citations as the metric, which of course will be much higher when published in English
>>
>>60551500
I know someone who went to Harvard. People kept asking him how he was doing, and he kept telling everybody Harvard is nowhere near being good or hard. He just fell for the meme. At least now he's more fluent in english than ever.
>>
>>60551394
>>60551607
Over 50% of the student body at Harvard is a white American--this is something you would already know if you attended an elite university and moved in intellectual circles.

It was a good try guys, but your nations are going to have to come to terms with being intellectually inferior to the United States.
>>
>>60551712
>dumb belgian gives a worhtless anecdote

please stop posting on this site belgian shit
>>
>>60551741
>taking memes seriously
embarrassing kek
>americans
>smart
pick one
>>
>>60551285
You do understand that you are not different from USA in any way?
>>
>>60551686
Yes, I'm well aware that German universities often fail in their academic purpose to discover and enlighten, cynically choosing instead to delegate the job of research to the government. It's very sad, but what are you going to do? We can't all have the elite American higher education system. Not every nation is cut out for advanced intellectual work.
>>
File: 2012-PISA-rank-6nC.png (136 KB, 416x1349) Image search: [Google]
2012-PISA-rank-6nC.png
136 KB, 416x1349
>>60551800
cool meme
>>
>What's your hobby, Anon?
>Well, I am glad you asked. I unironically shitpost for three hours a day on 4chan's finest young vintage board, /int/. Those foreigners need to be told all about America's superior education system, undisputed undefeated military, and intricately articulated culture.
>>
>>60551210
>Keep this image in mind the next time you call an American stupid--he's probably smarter than you.
i know you're baiting but most of our posters are underage /pol/tards
>>
>Not realizing research is concentrated in united statesian universities while europeans have separated institutions dedicated to research.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mWtWz_aGyk
>>
>>60551911
I mean, for anyone outside USA and Canada, you are basically the same country
>>
File: 1464826857661.gif (45 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1464826857661.gif
45 KB, 499x499
>americans need ranks, economical equations, sketchy sites to """prove""" their superiority
why are americans so insecure 2bh? would you guys kill yourselves if some country surpassed yours in those rankings?
>>
>>60551909
Well, they achieve their purpose of "to enlighten" far better than the American Universities in that they are accessible to the entirety of those populace which are capable, and they do discover, they just do it in collaboration with other universities and top research institutions (at the cost of not being able to top muh dick waving contests). The research that they do undertake is usually for the purpose of companies that commission it (which as an American you should be incredibly supportive of), which therefore also does not help contribute to rankings.

Also, I go to a university that ranks between 20-50 for my subject (depending on which bullshit metric you go by), and I can definitely say that the rankings do not reflect reality, at least the reality the students face
>>
>>60551911
>Asian being yellow
Solid 7/10
>>
>>60552007
This point has already been refuted earlier ITT. Next time, please read the thread before replying, and do not try to attempt to demonstrate a point by posting "CNNNN" YouTube videos from 2006. That might be an acceptable form of dialectic in Colombian universities, but this is an American website with American students--we have higher standards.
>>
>>60551210
Such an incredibly small percentage are smart enough to get into those schools. Most go to colleges like I went to where they don't know how the Spanish-American war ended.
>>
Our universities are gread, it's secondary education that's completely shit tier.

>inb4 muh expensive private highschool I went to

Yeah, but most people go to nigger tier public schools, hence education as a whole is pretty shit.
>>
>>60552064
They refuse to let go of the vestiges of their past as a great country, so they desperately cling to a very superficial pride to protect their fragile ego.

>>60552190
What else would you expect from a country that uses the name of the whole continent as theirs? Uncreative fucks.
>>
>>60552244
>it's secondary education that's completely shit tier
You'd better be meme'ing, fambino. The quality of your secondary education (even with public schools) is strongly correlated with local property taxes, and the level of student achievement is moderately correlated with race (culture, really).
>>
Shit bait saged
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.