[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is America good at war
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6
File: thesteelhelmet_zack.jpg (112 KB, 1024x806) Image search: [Google]
thesteelhelmet_zack.jpg
112 KB, 1024x806
Is America good at war
>>
Chink farmers with cheap Slav shit rifles defeated them.

So no.
>>
File: 1456878901120.png (314 KB, 3788x1052) Image search: [Google]
1456878901120.png
314 KB, 3788x1052
>>60548945

Like in food

Low quality
High quantity
>>
there is no total war anymore for us

it just doesn't work like that
>>
Yes of course America is good at war. The US military toppled the whole of Saddam's regime in about a month in the half. Keep in mind, this was supposed to be a major regional power with one of the largest armies in the world. The problem came with the later sectarian violence which, as far as I know, no Western power has been able to properly combat it without sustaining severe war wariness. The French and British were humiliated in Africa in the last century with their own colonial insurrections in Algeria and Kenya respectively

Really America's hat is that it's pretty good at everything: war, science, diplomacy, culture and the arts etc etc. Jack of all trades, master of none type deal
>>
File: 1461999717870.png (70 KB, 1456x1108) Image search: [Google]
1461999717870.png
70 KB, 1456x1108
>>60549636
>culture
What about not celebrating easter?
>>
>>60548995
>ignoring the political and military intricacies of Veehetnahm to justify calling it a military defeat
I'm reaching for my gun as we speak
>>
>>60549757
I imagine you saying this with your ass dirty for not using bidet
>>
>>60548995
Americans won the battles but not the war.
>>
>>60549636
but america doesn't have culture my friend
>>
File: 1407803998098.jpg (15 KB, 786x671) Image search: [Google]
1407803998098.jpg
15 KB, 786x671
>>60549825
>>
>>60549825
Is there any point in arguing this seemingly unquestionable premise with someone? It's the equivalent of calling someone a cuck.

All I will say is that the US very clearly has a culture, regardless of how resentful male 20-somethings in Europe are.
>>
>>60548945
Wars America has won without outside assistance:
>US Civil War
>American-Spanish War
>.....

>Inb4 "B-But we totally won the war against Mexico"
Yeah... nice "victory" there. You had to fucking PAY to keep the land, that's barely a victory.

>B-But we defeated the Spanish Empire, MURIKA STRONK
It was in turmoil and barely even had a navy to defend their "colonies" with. It wasn't like kicking a man while he's down, it's like kicking a corpse while it's decomposing.

Face it, for all their ridicule of other countries Americans are pretty shit at war. Their only good thing is the military-industrial complex, which basically means throwing money at a problem until it solves itself.
>>
>>60551088
> Implying we don't pull 99% of weight in war
I remember Dutch troops in the sandbox
Faggots cried about everything
>>
>>60549031
Worked with French soldiers before, I actually liked them. Your Legionnaires had some balls especially, it's a shame 3/4 of them aren't French
>>
>>60551404
>Implying we don't pull 99% of weight in war
If only weight actually contributed to winning a war, then the American military would be the best ever seen in human history.
>>
We're good at war but not great.

>tfw your country will never pull a Napoleon or Hitler
>>
>>60551674
> Implying that wouldn't lead to most soldiers deserting
Armyfag here, I would've deserted any fucking day if we actually pulled that shit, just as most other soldiers would have.
>>
File: american-culture.jpg (1 MB, 2400x2400) Image search: [Google]
american-culture.jpg
1 MB, 2400x2400
>>60549825
>>60549694
>>60549926
>yfw America has culture so so good that other countries adopt it and export it so that it becomes global
>>
>>60551522
It is the best though, it never really failed miserably in modern war their fighting capacity was good. Maybe they didn't meet certain goals but that's not the only factor you should take into account when judging their military.
>>
>>60551870
>implying you would desert if Trump told you to illegal invade a country

You're a soldier, faggot. You do as you're told, simple as that.
>>
>>60551966
"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice."
If it is an illegal order, I do not have to follow it. If it an immoral order, I will not follow it.
Soldiering =/= being a brainwashed fuck
>>
>>60551910
>it never really failed miserably in modern war
>What is 'nam?
Hell, even the Korean War was pretty pathetic when you consider that the country with 50% of the world's GDP could only manage a stalemate.
>>
>>60548945

what movie is that?
>>
>failed in korea
>failed in vietnam
>failed in afghanistan
>failed in iraq
>>
>>60552321
> Military dominate countries over and over again
> "failed"
>>
>>60551899
>The Beatles

Are you trolling or actually that fucking retarded?
>>
>>60552104
They pulled out too soon that's all there is to it, they had very impressive numbers.

You make a money comparison, which would make sense if the types of armies and tactics weren't drastically different. One side had men to throw away and the other one wanted to avoid this and they couldn't fight in the same way.
>>
>>60552412
Are you trolling or actually that fucking retarded?
>>
>>60552104
>Hell, even the Korean War was pretty pathetic when you consider that the country with 50% of the world's GDP could only manage a stalemate.
Because we were castrated by our dumbass president
>>
>>60552052
I was in the Navy, you do as your told and guess what, if the country goes to some stupid ass war it's done 'legally' through a declaration of war. Go say that to all the guys who tried not to go to Vietnam, Iraq, etc.

We know all the false-flags and bullshit of the past, do you know what the word infantry comes from? one who does not speak, soldiers have and always will be tools who will be punished if they disobey..simple as that..
You're going to war if one starts
>>
>>60552198
filename
>>
>>60552772

haha you got trolled
>>
>>60552052
OK, enjoy your time at Forth Leavenworth in a few years, but who am I joking, few people are that brave. Vietnam vets bitterly joked that it took more balls to flee to Canada than just showing up after you got your draft notice.
>>
>>60552589
Lmao, 11b with combat deployments you're talking to. Learn your shit, squid. Invading other countries unprovoked such as what Hitler did, or a figure becoming a dictator would be illegal, according to the Constitution, which is exactly what we both swore to protect and uphold.
Did you not read this whole chain of replies? Anon wanted us to pull a Hitler or Napoleon, which implied a dictatorship based on conquest.
Plus, I'm a dual citizen. I'd leave to France and join the Legion, idgaf.
>>
>>60548945
their production capabilities were the most major asset in the world wars

they have never been outstanding tactically, there are no Julius Caesars or Subutai's amongst the ranks of their generals
>>
>>60549031
That well written Goga Gola always gets me
>>
>>60552795
nice
>>
>>60552850
Oh look at this meme, comparing old warfare to modern war like a total doofus.
>>
>>60552796
I would've fought in Vietnam, any fucking day mate. The original subject was >>60552848
>>
>>60548945
Yes. We saved the world's ass TWICE.
>>
>>60552884
war never changes
>>
>>60552945
That saying only refers to the motivation for and the brutality of war.
>>
>>60552987
no it refers to the minds of the men who fight it
>>
isn't the usual meme that you guys get the job done but mostly through superior firepower and numbers than particularly outstanding soldiers?

seems fair enough to me

i'd say you guys are good at war, maybe not quite as excellent as you like to believe, and that the thing keeping you out of the top tier is you haven't demonstrated your prowess against a nation/coalition that's on equal footing with you (which is kind of impossible today)

plus you've never been invaded, so you've never had to defend yourself on your own soil
>>
>>60552891
Then by that logic you shouldn't even have accepted being deployed knowing you would be in combat seeing as how both the Iraq and Afghan wars are illegal and Iraq especially was condemned by basically the entire world.

Ideals are fine, but imagine if every soldier actually not only thought what you did but also lived by those ideals. Our military would be fucked.
>>
>>60553165
That is correct. I'm an Army vet, and a veteran of the YPG in Syria. Completely different lifestyles, completely different fighting tactics. In the Army, I fought with assumed complete dominance of airspace and uncontested armor. In Syria, I was on the polar opposite of the spectrum.
And we've been 'invaded' once, but that was through Canada, and it was a shitshow on all sides. We do have many outstanding soldiers, such as Ranger regiment, SF, Navy Seabees are pretty cool too. Bottom of the barrel Infantry is lacking in some units, and everyone else that's non-combat in any way can suck a dick.
>>
Yes, actually you are, just not as good as some Americans think you are. Right now America has undeniable dominance in the world
>>
>>60553217
Hitler and Napoleon both had the goal of conquering and keeping land, and instilling power solely for themselves and their people.
The US did nothing similar in Iraq or Afghanistan.
>>
>>60553002
That's the motivation part, but I don't care much about the stupid quote.

The point is the strategies changed in the 20th century it was also way more about technology the battles were of another scope the general wouldn't be directly moving everything anymore, so yes it would be less about one person anymore. There's so much more at any rate these comparisons are silly.
>>
>>60551899

Im confused,

One is an italian movie
One is japanese game
One is an english band

What am i missing
>>
>>60553289

How many watchlists are you on?
>>
>>60553372
You don't think Iraq was to enhance US power in the ME region? I've got news for you bud, 9/11 wasn't an inside job but it definitely gave the neo-cons an excuse to execute their ebin New American Century project only for it to backfire and fuck us in the ass.

Iraq was always intended to be a cementing of America's geopolitical position now that the Cold War is over.
>>
>>60553416
ur silly
>>
>>60553457
Instilling a dictatorship =/= enhancing national power
Are you daft? I literally only said I wouldn't work for a literal Hitler or Napoleon, don't know why you ended up sperging
>>60553456
I'm not on the no-fly list, so probably not many.
>>
>>60553523
Are you the YPG guy? How did you even join? Is the Western media portraying the conflict accurately?

Honestly, I was watching a few vids on the Kurds and I felt so bad for them. It's like all they've ever known is war. If you're a Kurd our age like 18-25, you grow up having lost family members due to gas attacks or civil wars or what have you, and now with ISIS it's literally become a war for survival and also one for a (in their eyes) better future with radical leftist politics. It's such a clusterfuck I honestly cannot even imagine living a life like that.
>>
>>60549757
>>60549784

>not using bidet

fucking savages
>>
>>60553796
I am indeed the YPG anon.
I joined through thelionsofrojava dot com, though the site is down now. You basically have to set up a PGP encryption, mail them back and forth, and set up a plane ticket. They accept 'most' people, I've only ever heard of like two people be denied, and that was because they were flat out stupid beyond comprehension.
The Western Media portrays it weirdly, they seem to have a hardon for the YPJ girls, when in reality they don't pull much weight. And yeah, I feel like shit for the Kurds. I want to go back and help, but there's problems with the border right now.
>>
>>60548945
lost to the brits in 1812 so no
>>
>>60554088
> London burning vs a building that wasn't even finished burning
> Lost
Everyone lost, protip
>>
All right mates, I have to get out of the thread, going shooting with my friends. I'll try and hop back in if anyone has YPG related questions later tonight
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.