[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would people in your country feel if an American said they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: TRRhZse.jpg (649 KB, 2848x2136) Image search: [Google]
TRRhZse.jpg
649 KB, 2848x2136
How would people in your country feel if an American said they had its heritage?

Example let's say an Italian American was in Italy and said he was an Italian American. What they they do?

What would people in your country say?
>>
>>60548813
>on internet
would meme you
>if we met irl
would buy you a drink 2bh
Americans are fun to meet on nights out
>>
>>60549237
I like getting drunk with you guys and the Brits and Aussies at the theme parks here.
>>
>>60548813
>Example let's say an Italian American was in Italy and said he was an Italian American. What they they do?
Try to say something in Italian just to be deluded when they find out you don't speak a word of it
>>
>>60548813
>"i'm french-american"
>"oh you mean are you quebecois ?"
>"no"
>"you speak french ?"
>"no"
>"you were born in france ?
>"no"
>"what ? you're not french then"
>"my grandpa was french"
>"oh ok ......"
>>
>>60549501
what if they were to speak the language?
>>
>>60549412
>at the theme parks here.

Every summer there is a shit ton of foreigners working at our amusement parks
>>
>>60549519
Continue speaking in italian i guess? That's a very unlikely event anyway
>>
>>60549515
So does that mean one can lose their frenchness?

Say a man is born in france, moves to russia or something when hes 20. Eventually he speaks only russian, although with an accent, and forgets how to speak french and does everything in the russkie fashion.

Is that an still French?
>>
>>60549803
There's one singer who did that and went to USA, forgot his name though

First off people think he didn't actually forget French he's only pretending.
Also we think he's just silly for doing this kind of thing.

Still French, just a ridiculous person, but French.

I'd see the guy in your example the same.
>>
I would just say: CHI
>>
>>60548813
If you weren't born here no one would care tbqh. You wouldn't be portuguese to any of us.
>>
>>60553321
when i had to show my passport people stared at me and asked, i dont feel portuguese or anything like that though. just eat some portuguese food and vapid shit like root for you guys at the euros and olympics (when the us isn't involved)
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.