[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Viking heritage and history more celebrated in England
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
Why is Viking heritage and history more celebrated in England and Ireland than in France, the Netherlands, or Russia?
>>
Couldn't tell ya, but I do know they built all of Ireland's cities for them. Might explain their celebrity there.

You can determine the character of a people who needed Sven to start their civilization for them, because they were too busy chucking spears at each other
>>
>>60536944
anglos are wannabe scandinavians.
irish are wannabe anglos.
france would rather be muslim.
netherlands doesnt even exist, idiot.
russia is best, so why celebrate
>>
>>60536944
Since when are Vikings celebrated in Britain? Everyone just knows them as the cunts who chimped out on monasteries
>>
File: 1443727842392.png (487 KB, 600x657) Image search: [Google]
1443727842392.png
487 KB, 600x657
>>60536944
can we take a minute and agree that stalin was the most redpilled man to walk on this earth
>>
File: Varangian_routes.png (794 KB, 872x605) Image search: [Google]
Varangian_routes.png
794 KB, 872x605
We know Vikings only as mercenaries and sea merchants. So nothing special or illustrious.
>>
>>60537302
Yeah but you guys do however have some degree of respect for us.
>>
>>60537188
Basically this. We far from celebrate them, they were ginger and blonde fags who raided monasteries., built the worst city in Ireland and then settled down and integrated becoming more Irish than the Irish themselves.
>>
Vikings are overrated faggots.

Except Normans, but we culturally cucked them, so...
>>
>>60536944
The Vikings destroyed and pillaged our cities. They were barbarians. Why should we celebrate them?
Never4get Dorestad ;_;
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dorestad
>>
>>60537949
>Yeah but you guys do however have some degree of respect for us.
We're just trying to be adequate in this matter.
>>
>>60536944
We celebrate it in Normandy.
>>
>>60536944
They are celebrate in France, but only in Normandy
>>
>>60538909
Danes i presume? I understand that the Swedish vikings mostly ventured east to trade and shit, while Norwegians explored and shit and the Danes raided.
>>
>>60536944
And the reason to celebrate is what exactly?
>>
>Celebrating ancient nigger jews
>>
>Ireland

>celebrating viking shit

Where in the fuck did you pick that up? Fucking Americans, man. You people get some weird shit in your heads.
>>
>>60536944
Most of the Germanic French died in wars and France is now Arabo-Negroid. ALso their culture always had a Latin bent(calling the Germanic migration Barbarian Invasion).
>>
>>60542495
>jews
i don't remember anyone mentioning """vikings"""" being dishonest in their dealings or their merchants being cheats. Greek merchants on other hand...
>>
>>60538827
>faggots
>France

You're not in a place to judge faggots tbqh
>>
>>60536944
Because it had really little influence in France ?

Very few vinking went in Normandy, ruled the land under a French king, mixed with the locals. There isn't much viking in France and even in Normandy
>>
>>60537188
The entire city of York is wewuz about them
>>
>>60542366
They helped unite y'all
>>
>>60542625
An old Turkish(?) proverb is "trust a snake before a Jew, and a Jew before a Greek, but don't trust an Armenian"
>>
>>60542601
Germanic is a linguistic descriptor you dumb shit
>>
>>60545573
It's Ottoman not Turkish
>>
>>60536944
The only people who celebrate their distant "heritage" are those whose actual ethnicity has nothing to be proud of.
Good examples :
-Americans
-South Americans
>>
>>60546064
Oh fuck off
>>
>>60545517
Not really.
>>
>>60545381
>York
You're off your head mate, I only live a hours drive away, no one gives a flying fuck about them in York. You're chatting shit.
>>
>>60536944
WE WUZ VIKANGZ N SHEIT
>>
>>60546240
Why do all the "French" and "Germans" on /int/ who are the first to defend their cunts of origin?
>>
>>60547763
I'm sorry i just don't understand this sentence
Are you sure no words are missing ? I don't get it
>>
File: ilovefrance.jpg (3 MB, 4361x5638) Image search: [Google]
ilovefrance.jpg
3 MB, 4361x5638
>>60548053
Don't mind him, French-anon.
He's a soggy burger.
>>
>>60548053
It can be hard to understand those yanks sometimes, first they bastardised the language, now they can't even form basic sentences. Sad sight.
>>
>>60548105
awww
americans are so cute
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.