[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/Slav/ic languages
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: 1464943096957.jpg (49 KB, 507x501) Image search: [Google]
1464943096957.jpg
49 KB, 507x501
How do transgender people refer to themselves in the past tense? For example. Ja dalo instead of ja dal/dala(I gave, neuter)

How do Slavic women refer to themselves in the past tense on /int/? For example Ja dal instead of ja dala (I gave, masculine)
Sweden
Yes
How do yoy say "to get married" in your Slavic language? Is there a difference when it's a girl/boy getting married?
>>
>>60480098
In Russian girls vyjti zamuž za kogo-to(someone)
and men ženiťs´a
>>
>>60480098
>How do transgender people refer to themselves in the past tense?
No idea - never seen one

>to get married
oženit se (cz) / oženiť sa (sk)
provdat se (cz) / vydať sa (sk)
>>
>>60480341
I remember there being a gender neutral way of getting married in Czech
>>
>>60480421
I don't remember there being one
Is there a gender neutral way in other Slavic languages?
>>
>>60480098
I find your lack of a copula disturbing. Who says jaz dal? The verb to be needs to be in there, m8, this Russian and Polish inclination to imitate cavemen does not apply elsewhere.

As for your question, it is considered very insulting and belittling to use the neutral gender to refer to a person, at least outside of appellations to which the neuter is traditionally assigned, such as girl (dekle) or babe (dete). Transsexuals simply refer to themselves in their assumed gender, so a former man would say 'jaz sem dala' instead of 'jaz sem dal', just as Slavic women do.

The gender-neutral word for the act of marriage is poročiti se, while the gender-specific terms echo the Russian ones you mention - omožiti se for women and oženiti se for men. Vzeti za moža/ženo is also permissible, as this is the expression found within the oaths of marriage.
>>
>>60480421
Sobášiť sa
>>
>>60480421
Oh right, "vzít si" is gender neutral
>>
>>60480673
Russians wouldn't get the copula verb and the difference between the verb itself among the Slavic language is enough to cause confusion.
Jestem
Jsem
Som
Sam
Jesm (Old Russian)
Poročiti se comes from the word for hand, right? So all these verbs that are not muž/žena related has to do with giving or taking someone
>>60480818
That's the one
>>
>>60480098
>How do yoy say "to get married" in your Slavic language? Is there a difference when it's a girl/boy getting married?
M:ożenić się z kimś
F: wyjść za mąż za kogoś
Neutral: wziąć ślub z kimś
>>
>>60481045
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frjxZFPdt60
obligatory. polish weddings seem based as fuck
>>
>>60480899
>Poročiti se comes from the word for hand, right?

I can think of no other explanation. Btw, the act of marriage in Slovene is called poroka and the state of marriage is zakon(ski stan), if it helps your research any.
>>
>>60480098
I can hardly imagine anyone using neuter when talking about themselves or someone else 2bh

>>60480341
>provdat se
I'd say vdát se m8, provdat se sounds a bit archaic
>>
>>60481089
for polish neutral you may also use: pobrać się z kimś also ślubować z kimś
>>
>>60481166
Isn't pobrać exclusive to plural? Pobrali się sounds right, but pobrał/-a się z nią/nim sounds awkward.
>ślubować z kimś
I've never heard anyone use such expression. Is it a regionalism?
>>
>>60480098
>How do transgender people refer to themselves in the past tense?
They use the gender they identify as.
Refering to yourself in the neutral gender sounds like you're an object not a person.

>How do Slavic women refer to themselves in the past tense on /int/?
They use the feminine form
>imala sam
>dala sam
>otišla sam

>How do yoy say "to get married" in your Slavic language? Is there a difference when it's a girl/boy getting married?
udati se (for women)
oženiti se (for men)
>>
>>60481045
This is pretty understandable, but it's hard to read through all this strange letters
>>
Let's move on to the verb "to murder"
I'm not a Russian, but I'll do my best
Ubiť is to murder
Zastreliť is to murder with a shot (don't know if arrows are included)
topiť/utopiť should be to drown someone
>>60482658
Let me rephrase that question. Do women on /int/ speaking in a Slavic language refer to themselves as men as not to draw attention?
>>
>>60482751
>Zastreliť is to murder with a shot (don't know if arrows are included)
Yes, arrows are included.
>>
>>60482751
>>60483098
"strěla" means arrow in most slavic languages I think
>>
>>60482751
here:
Zastreliť-hmmm.. something's missing here
Zastrzelić- yes, the letter z makes it perfect :^)

ubit'=zabić

to murder=zamordować
>>
>>60480673
>this Russian and Polish inclination to imitate cavemen
It's exactly the opposite actually. The copula is absolutely useless unless you speak a language with a cavemen-tier grammar like English or Chinese. Just drop it already, your excuses are ridiculous.
>>
>>60482751
>Do women on /int/ speaking in a Slavic language refer to themselves as men as not to draw attention?
No such thing as female slavic posters on /int/.
>>
>>60483587
Nisam sigurna je li to istina...
>>
>>60483768
Dokaži
>>
>>60483501
Here's something interesting.
Mörda - murder
Slå ihjäl - beat to death
But in Danish you can "beat to death" with a gun, axe whatever.
In Russian
Ubiť - murder
Zabiť beat to death
And zabit is murder in Czech and zabić in Polish
>>60483865
We do have quite a few female Slavic posters. At least 20%
>>
>>60482751
bić is to hit
ubić is to butcher
zabić is to kill
zbić is to beat up
pobić is to beat up or to defeat someone
wybić is to slaughter a large number of people/animals
dobić is to finish off
odbić is to recapture or rescue through combat
przebić is to pierce
przybić is to nail down
podbić is to hit something from the bottom to launch it into air, like for example a ball
There might be a few more, but I can't recall anything else at the moment.
Zastrzelić is to kill someone with a shot, and yes, arrows are included
Utopić is to drown
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.